Gender bias

AuthorMessage
dumbassofsub. (melluvzgd)
Jackass
dumbassofsub. (melluvzgd)
May 27th, 2005 at 05:22am
*Redundant*Rebel*:
no - classic example: guy with lots of girls "the man" girl with lots of guys: "slag"

I agree, and I hate that point of view so much. I just don't understand it! How is he "the man"? He's a slut!
Comrade182
Comrade182
May 27th, 2005 at 06:18am
dumbassofsub. (melluvzgd):
*Redundant*Rebel*:
no - classic example: guy with lots of girls "the man" girl with lots of guys: "slag"

I agree, and I hate that point of view so much. I just don't understand it! How is he "the man"? He's a slut!

I call guys that say they've slept around sluts, when they ask why, I'd say 'What would you call a girl who selpt with an equal amount of guys?' They soon shut up!

Males and Females have never been treated equally, I personally don't think America will ever have a female president! Society has had men over women in power and personally I don't think that, that balance will be equal for a very long time. Although I beleive that an qual society would be nice! Smile
I Heart Bunney
Falling In Love With The Board
I Heart Bunney
May 27th, 2005 at 06:20am
Sexism is still around, but its not as bad as it used to be, I mean at least females get a vote these days.
Comrade182
Comrade182
May 27th, 2005 at 06:21am
PinkCandyxxx:
Sexism is still around, but its not as bad as it used to be, I mean at least females get a vote these days.

Thats true, but sexism in work places still happens, and quite often now (esp. in courts!) women get more than men, espically in divorces!
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
May 27th, 2005 at 06:39am
Comrade182:
PinkCandyxxx:

Thats true, but sexism in work places still happens, and quite often now (esp. in courts!) women get more than men, espically in divorces!

I know no matter what the female almost aways keeps the child.
Comrade182
Comrade182
May 27th, 2005 at 06:41am
PinkCandyxxx:
Comrade182:
PinkCandyxxx:

Courts tend to give the woman half of the stuff, even if she didn't work or pay for any of it in the whole relastionship. Thats even if they have no children!
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
May 27th, 2005 at 06:44am
Comrade182:
PinkCandyxxx:
Comrade182:
PinkCandyxxx:

Courts tend to give the woman half of the stuff, even if she didn't work or pay for any of it in the whole relastionship. Thats even if they have no children!

It really sucks!!!
Hi I'm Corrinne.
King For A Couple Of Days
Hi I'm Corrinne.
May 27th, 2005 at 03:56pm
While gender stereotypes are a way of life, that doesn't make them right.

And it seems today, despite how far we've supposedly come, we're enforcing it more than protesting it.

The government's new "abstinance only" sex education program actually states, "A woman needs more time to emotionally prepare for sex." and "A man bases himself on his accomplishments, while women base themselves on their emotions."

It's ridiculous how very far we've rewound.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 27th, 2005 at 03:59pm
A woman who works exactly the same job as a man gets less pay. I don't know why. They just do. It's stupid.

And the whole 'you [insert action here] like a girl' Why should that be an insult?
ace.
Idiot
ace.
May 28th, 2005 at 12:57am
i'm curious what you guys think about the gender bias in the u.s. military right now...

if you're unaware, females are allowed to join the military but are not allowed to hold positions that will put them in the line of fire. they're being protected.

i personally think that if we, as i am a female, are going to call for total equality, we must take the good with the bad. we can't say, yes give us equal pay in jobs, but if we're in the army, we don't want to get hurt. 32 women have died in iraq as opposed to 1500 men. i think it unfair. you?
basketcase17
basketcase17
May 28th, 2005 at 07:58am
I'm a femeist, and so are most of my mates, including my male friends.
Some ignorant people seem to think that, if you are a femenist, that means you have to yell "DOWN WITH MEN" and strut around calling people sexist pigs.
But femenists believe in equality between the sex's, including equal rights for men as well as woman..
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 28th, 2005 at 03:34pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
And the whole 'you [insert action here] like a girl' Why should that be an insult?

grrr i know! What does that mean anyway? 'meh you run like a girl' How does a 'girl' run different from a guy?

I really think this issue (not the above, i mean the whole issue) will never be resolved Mad
bloodstone
Geek
bloodstone
May 28th, 2005 at 06:26pm
whothefckistrecool?:
i'm curious what you guys think about the gender bias in the u.s. military right now...

if you're unaware, females are allowed to join the military but are not allowed to hold positions that will put them in the line of fire. they're being protected.

i personally think that if we, as i am a female, are going to call for total equality, we must take the good with the bad. we can't say, yes give us equal pay in jobs, but if we're in the army, we don't want to get hurt. 32 women have died in iraq as opposed to 1500 men. i think it unfair. you?

it's definitly unfair. i say that if a woman can pass the same tests as the men--and by this i mean the SAME tests...no altered guidelines just because they are women--than why can't they hold a position of arms? i mean if they can work hard and achieve the same results, than they deserve the right to choose.

a couple of days ago i went to my boyfriends brother's track meet, and noticed for the girls hurdle jump they lowered the hurdles...why??? i say if the guys had to jump the hurdles at the regular height, the girls should have to too. i asked my boyfriend about it, and he was like "they bitched about the hurdles being too high, so they lower them now." that's crap. if i was coach of that track team, i'd be like "if you don't like it get off of my track team." my boyfriend looked at me and said "would you really want to jump the hurdles at regular height?" and i said "if i wanted to be on the track team enough, i would work myself up to the point where i could. period. end if story." as much as some of us girls want things equal, i have to admit that the majority of us are working against that effort these days.

i agree with you whothefckistrecool! we need to take the good with the bad...that's just the way it goes.
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
May 28th, 2005 at 06:30pm
its totally unfair, baiscally my all of my friends sisters are in the army, and ones in the airforce. their looked down upon and thought of as weak, its not fair. and some people have said that their all dykes just because their in the armed forces....now theirs definetly something wrong with that
bloodstone
Geek
bloodstone
May 28th, 2005 at 06:41pm
american_idiot_94:
its totally unfair, baiscally my all of my friends sisters are in the army, and ones in the airforce. their looked down upon and thought of as weak, its not fair. and some people have said that their all dykes just because their in the armed forces....now theirs definetly something wrong with that

yep, it's either the dyke stereotype, or the slut stereotype. i have a friend in the armed forces right now, and he says that all the women that are there are sluts, and will do anything and everything to try and sleep with the guys. and maybe they are, but not all women who join the armed forces are sluts. i used to want to join the armed forces, and maybe i'd be there today if bush wasn't our president (sorry, but there's no way i'm putting myself on the lines for that man and his vision of "america"Wink, but with the fact that their holding back our countries women i know i'll never want to join. if i were to do it, it would be to fight.
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
May 28th, 2005 at 06:44pm
bloodstone:
american_idiot_94:

yep, it's either the dyke stereotype, or the slut stereotype. i have a friend in the armed forces right now, and he says that all the women that are there are sluts, and will do anything and everything to try and sleep with the guys. and maybe they are, but not all women who join the armed forces are sluts. i used to want to join the armed forces, and maybe i'd be there today if bush wasn't our president (sorry, but there's no way i'm putting myself on the lines for that man and his vision of "america"Wink, but with the fact that their holding back our countries women i know i'll never want to join. if i were to do it, it would be to fight.

yea its totally ridicuolous.....and these women are doing things that most men wouldnt even think about doing and they just get spit on....
ace.
Idiot
ace.
May 28th, 2005 at 11:35pm
american_idiot_94:
bloodstone:
american_idiot_94:

yea its totally ridicuolous.....and these women are doing things that most men wouldnt even think about doing and they just get spit on....
thank you!

most people look at me and say "so if there was a draft, you would want to be drafted along with the men?" no, i wouldn't WANT to be drafted, but i think it unfair for the world to continue protecting women as if they are lower or weaker.

i have a female cousin in the navy and she gets called a lot of these things too. its unfair, but i suppose being called name hardly compares to being hindered in the job you signed up for.
clean_with_409
Geek
clean_with_409
May 29th, 2005 at 03:03am
GreenDay420:
there's always a bias for female and male. like double standard, guys think its hot for chicks to make out but they think its not hot for two guys to make out and think that chicks dont like it either. i disagree, guys making out is hot lol, and same with chicks. i dunno...society is messed lol

I agree. =)
bloodstone
Geek
bloodstone
May 29th, 2005 at 01:38pm
whothefckistrecool?:
american_idiot_94:
bloodstone:
american_idiot_94:

thank you!

most people look at me and say "so if there was a draft, you would want to be drafted along with the men?" no, i wouldn't WANT to be drafted, but i think it unfair for the world to continue protecting women as if they are lower or weaker.

i have a female cousin in the navy and she gets called a lot of these things too. its unfair, but i suppose being called name hardly compares to being hindered in the job you signed up for.

gah, i hate it when they try to use the whole "draft" reasoning...NO ONE wants to be drafted! and it is totally unfair for the world to "protect" women...we aren't lower and weaker as a gender...some of us are weaker than others, but if we really work on it we can be just as strong as the guys! easily!

I agree. =)

gah, billijoe13.....write more...back that opinion up...this is a debate/discussion topic...c'mon! i know you can think of something... Smile
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
May 30th, 2005 at 09:16pm
I sometimes make fun of myself by saying I throw like a girl, but I only mean it as a joke because i'm a girl. But yeah deffinately there is a gender bias in today's world.

Not to be racist or anything, but I know many mexican girls who say that their mother wants them to be houswives and stuff. That they have to learn to cook and clean correctly. Some of them don't get to theri homework untill nine at night. That may be just the way they were brought up, I don't know.

but with the gender thing. Movies can be a great example. Like they sometimes make the females not stronger than the men. now me being in swimming and stuff, some girls are WAY stronger than men. It all just has to do with steryotypes. Like, I hate to use this example, but when elementary school kids pick a team, they usually go for the stronger looking boys first, then the girls. I have noticed that.

Some of that may have been none of help what so ever. lol
Register