Veganism/vegetarianism

AuthorMessage
ave
Geek
ave
May 20th, 2006 at 01:34pm
Hmm I know no one is posting here anymore but Ill say my opinion anyway..

Im a vegan. Have been for almost 4 months. I was a vegetarian before.. have been for over a year.

I think its halarious how some people can say they 'pity' vegans, yet they say they respect us for the willpower we have. We vegans are strong people I must say. Yeah, its hard but its worth it when you see a cow or a pig and you can honeslty say that you love them.

People tell me Im a hippie and a 'tree-hugger' but I figure that getting called that is better than being called fat or obese.

Not every vegan/vegetarian takes tablets. You dont have to if you eat plenty of soy and veggies. Babies dont need cows milk to get what they need.. they can have their OWN mothers milk. You know, the milk theyre SUPPOSED to have? We dont NEED milk from another species.. if we needed it so bad, then our own mothers would be giving it to us. Personally, I will be raising my children vegetarian or vegan.. I havent decided yet.

To clear up some things that have been said on other pages..
VEGANS- dont drink milk, eat eggs or meat. They dont wear fur or leather. In other words, they dont rely on other animals to keep them alive. There is no 'some drink milk, some dont' If you drink milk, eat things that contain milk or eat eggs, you arent a vegan. 'nuff said.

VEGETARIANS- they dont eat meat. Most veggies drink milk and stuff.. and I respect them for doing that, some cant become a full vegan because of parents views on how they should eat.
Some vegetarians eat fish.. and in my opinion, thats not veggie. Fish= meat. Fish= animal with nerves, brains and feelings.

Oh, and someone earlier said they wont be a vegetarian because of the chemicals they put on fruits.. or whatever they said. Well.. have you ever thought about the steriods they put in animals to make them grow faster? Youre eating those steriods. That cant be too good right?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 20th, 2006 at 01:39pm
ava0893:
Personally, I will be raising my children vegetarian or vegan.. I havent decided yet.

Then we have the huge ethical debate on whether that is morally right or not.
Plus the fact that it isn't entirely safe IMO.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
May 20th, 2006 at 01:46pm
Bloodraine:
ava0893:
Personally, I will be raising my children vegetarian or vegan.. I havent decided yet.

For the first several years of their lives, you do have to feed your children meat.
They need the fats and stuff.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 20th, 2006 at 01:48pm
Kitti:
Bloodraine:
ava0893:

For the first several years of their lives, you do have to feed your children meat.
They need the fats and stuff.

They do. I read a case somewhere of a child who was raised on a vegan diet from birth and she almost died of malnutrition. Of course that is an extreme but you've also got to think; is forcing a child to grow up vegan just because you have these beliefs good?
Because when they're older they can make up their own mind. I say as an infant you just let them develop as a person then their personal choices truly will be personal.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 20th, 2006 at 01:51pm
Bloodraine:
ava0893:

I agree with Bloodraine

The first few years of life children need protein. They need to eat meat, or at least eat eggs.

I'm a vegetarian myself, but I dont think I would be able to be a vegan. I have quite the thing for ice cream and yogurt, but I drink soy milk.

I dont support raising children vegan, because it can affect their immune system and their general health. let it be their descision when theyre older
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 20th, 2006 at 05:41pm
Fuck_America:
Bloodraine:
ava0893:

I agree with Bloodraine

The first few years of life children need protein. They need to eat meat, or at least eat eggs.

I'm a vegetarian myself, but I dont think I would be able to be a vegan. I have quite the thing for ice cream and yogurt, but I drink soy milk.

I dont support raising children vegan, because it can affect their immune system and their general health. let it be their descision when theyre older
There are otyher sources of protein besides Meat and eggs. Rasing Children Vegan is a perfectly healthy lifestyle and can often be beinificial because they don't get hooked on junk food. Vitamins can supply all the nutrients of meat.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 20th, 2006 at 05:43pm
You can still get hooked on junk food if you're vegan.
Just because you're vegan doesn't mean everything you put in your mouth is healthy.
Kitti
Kitti
May 20th, 2006 at 06:57pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:
Bloodraine:
ava0893:

I agree with Bloodraine

There are otyher sources of protein besides Meat and eggs. Rasing Children Vegan is a perfectly healthy lifestyle and can often be beinificial because they don't get hooked on junk food. Vitamins can supply all the nutrients of meat.

No. The saturated animal fats. Children NEED those particular fats in their diet when they are young. There are other sources of protien, but little kids need to eat animal fats.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 20th, 2006 at 07:10pm
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:
Bloodraine:
ava0893:

I agree with Bloodraine

No. The saturated animal fats. Children NEED those particular fats in their diet when they are young. There are other sources of protien, but little kids need to eat animal fats.
Like I said, their is substitutes, they make special viatimins for vegan children.

As for the junk food thing, I didn't mean it like that. Fruits and vegetables are more healthy and they make up a good portion of a vegan diet, so in the long run, you will end up being healthier.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 20th, 2006 at 07:39pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:
Bloodraine:
ava0893:

I agree with Bloodraine

Like I said, their is substitutes, they make special viatimins for vegan children.

As for the junk food thing, I didn't mean it like that. Fruits and vegetables are more healthy and they make up a good portion of a vegan diet, so in the long run, you will end up being healthier.

maybe....but vegan children often suffer from malnutrition. I also looked it up in a medical dictionary. It said that raising a child on a vegan diet is unadvisable because the child doesnt get the all the essential vitamins and fat needed to develop properly
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
May 20th, 2006 at 08:28pm
I'm Kinda Weird I Don't Eat Meat But I Eat Chicken... I REFUSE To Wear Leather Or Fur... What Would That Make Me?
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 20th, 2006 at 09:51pm
Dust Bunny:
I'm Kinda Weird I Don't Eat Meat But I Eat Chicken... I REFUSE To Wear Leather Or Fur... What Would That Make Me?

a half vegetarian?

I was like that....I only stopped eating chicken about 4 months ago
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2006 at 12:45am
Fuck_America:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:
Bloodraine:
ava0893:

I agree with Bloodraine

maybe....but vegan children often suffer from malnutrition. I also looked it up in a medical dictionary. It said that raising a child on a vegan diet is unadvisable because the child doesnt get the all the essential vitamins and fat needed to develop properly
Ok, that would be due to irresponsiable parents. They make special vitamins for Vegan Children and they won't be malnurited, if the parnets would make sure they get proper nutrition, there is no issue.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 21st, 2006 at 12:52am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:
Bloodraine:
ava0893:

I agree with Bloodraine

Ok, that would be due to irresponsiable parents. They make special vitamins for Vegan Children and they won't be malnurited, if the parnets would make sure they get proper nutrition, there is no issue.

Vitamins cant provide the same nutrition as real food
Matty.
King For A Couple Of Days
Matty.
May 21st, 2006 at 03:34am
Trunks <3:
im a vegetarian, but i dont think i could ever be vegan... i like cheese and yougurt etc too much

lol you eat mcdonalds and sausage rolls all the time
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2006 at 10:42am
Fuck_America:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:
Bloodraine:
ava0893:

I agree with Bloodraine

Vitamins cant provide the same nutrition as real food
.... yes they can. What do you think vitamins are? All the things in food you need. Protein, Iron, B,A, and C vitamins, calcium,other things you need, if you don't belive me I can go get mine. I agree, without proper ntrition, you get very sick. That's why I take vitamins, Im not vegan, but I am a vegitarrian, and I just immediately stopped eating meat in sixth Grade, I got so sick I couldn't even move, then I went to the Doctor and he recommended certain vitamins to take.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 21st, 2006 at 11:03am
I'm gonna stop the quote pyramid

but a processed little pill is no where near the same as actual food.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2006 at 11:06am
Fuck_America:

I meant to stop it last time, but yes it is. Look at food, look at vitamins, they have the same things, minus the things you don't need. What do you think they give children who aren't getting what they need through food? Vitamins, Everything in meat that you need can be found in vitamins.
Kitti
Kitti
May 21st, 2006 at 12:43pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:

I meant to stop it last time, but yes it is. Look at food, look at vitamins, they have the same things, minus the things you don't need. What do you think they give children who aren't getting what they need through food? Vitamins, Everything in meat that you need can be found in vitamins.

Yeah, but you don't get the calories. You don't get the enzymes. There is potential for children to never correctly develop immune responses to certain things.
www.mypyramid.gov
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2006 at 12:45pm
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:

Yeah, but you don't get the calories. You don't get the enzymes. There is potential for children to never correctly develop immune responses to certain things.
www.mypyramid.gov
You do realize Vegan people still eat? They still get that from the foods they eat, and the vitamins replace what they are missing.
Register