Body image

AuthorMessage
Drunkard
Jackass
Drunkard
June 5th, 2005 at 05:32pm
oh god, thats too much to read Razz

short : love yourself. if u are a little fat and you want to loose weight for yopu do it, don't do it for soembody else. don't starve yourself to death because models are skinny and don't thwor up ypur food. eat healthy and exercise Very Happy
Rockaway Beach
Jackass
Rockaway Beach
June 6th, 2005 at 01:16pm
I think one of the main reasons everyone is getting more and more obese is because.. It may sound mean, but people like Michelle McManus becoming popstars and being on tv tells people that its okay to be as big as her because they can still be famous. They don't watch that they eat because now, the media are actually focusing on skinny people saying their too skinny. I know alot of celebs need to put on weight, and its bad to be too skinny. But my sister was actually bullied for being thin. And now she has weight issues, actually wanting to be fat. So, in my opinion, if we did stop the people with weight problems being as highly publicized (sp?) as they are now, the obesity would go down.

But that's just my opinion, you know.
iDontCareNoMore
Geek
iDontCareNoMore

Mibba
June 7th, 2005 at 05:08pm
I think that it shouldn't matter what you look like. People get so hyped up about "Oh she's so skinny" and "Eww she's fat!". The popular girls are all skinny, and all the guys like them. However, I don't think that people should get discouraged about how they look either. It's just you.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
June 8th, 2005 at 09:51pm
I don't think the media is the only one to blame for eating disorders. That's mostly what I've seen through this thread... everyone blaming it on the media's obsession with thin being beautiful. I think eating disorders are caused by other things going on in people's lives. Lack of control, stress, depression, bad relationships with family, friends, peers or significant others, things like that.
Ilse
Falling In Love With The Board
Ilse
June 8th, 2005 at 10:36pm
We all have our insecurites. But the media is pointing them out and making us feel ten times worse about ourselves.

You flip on the TV and there are 385957261957388563 commercials on weight-loss pills and diets. It makes me want to vomit. [Which some people actually do because the media is telling us we need to be thin thin thin.] I simply hate it. Be happy the way you are.
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
June 9th, 2005 at 05:00am
eat shit, i don't care the hell about how i look, i have a lil fat, so what? i'm slim, and, whats more, the body does everything to keep it's normal sise, so u can't get any slimmer with diets( u get fat instead). nor will u go fat with eatingVery Happy it's all logical. like, right now, it's almost 12 am. and i still haven't brushed my hair and i'm in my nightgown, so what? i'll do al my stuf later, when i'm in the need for speed mood.
now, any anorexiansa want some beat ups? i'm willing to help, stand still and wait for some blackeyes ala broken bones with le punching souce. it's very pleasing, believe me, Very Happy lol
Prima
Geek
Prima
June 29th, 2005 at 11:43am
I'm very tall as for me. 192 cm. I'm also slim, I have a lot of hair on my head. You can easily look at my photo!
Twisted Evil
Mikelvr
King For A Couple Of Days
Mikelvr
July 1st, 2005 at 11:23am
well, sometimes, i do care about what ppl thinks of me. but, mostly, i don't. i mean, the only thing that's bugging me is my acne. but it'll go away sooner or later i guess.
grimmie666
Geek
grimmie666
July 2nd, 2005 at 12:31am
well thERES something about life that im pissed about... i my case i feel very lonely i need some one but all the boys turn to the beautiful ones... i tried and in the end i end up wishing maybe in my next life i'll be cool...but im notr sure my crush is a boy which only looks for hot girlss....i hope
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
July 2nd, 2005 at 09:25am
I often get consious about my body. Im not fat, but im not totally skinny either. I sometimes wish I was prettier or thinner, but why does image matter? isnt it personality that counts???
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
July 2nd, 2005 at 12:08pm
^ it should be...

i dont care about my body image or anything. if people say im fat or whatever i'll be like "i dont care, fuck off". even though im not fat, my "friend" just likes to tell me when her freind who hates me says i am.

this problem is all due to propaganda. why people feel they need to listen to it, i dont know. but i think it's all bullshit.
Alyson
Alyson
July 2nd, 2005 at 01:53pm
To be honest I do think I'm fat. And yeah.. sometimes I do daft things cause of how I feel about that. And I guess I could blame the way I feel on media and peer pressure; but I also blame my mum for letting me get overweight. But moaning about it isn't going to make a difference I guess Rolling Eyes
Sunset Veins
Sunset Veins
July 2nd, 2005 at 02:02pm
I think that if you're over weight (even a little bit like me) you should lose a set amount of weight through healthy means. Such as, a little dieting with excercise. Lose the weight through working out not all dieting. Although, dieting does help. It can be just as dangerous as anorexia.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
July 2nd, 2005 at 04:19pm
ok, so im a bit plump, but i wouldnt say seriously unhealthy and well i like eating. Its my lifestly choice. and im happy with the way i look and dont feel under any pressure to change the way i am. People can call me fat, fine, but i just make jokes about it myself....i dont know where im going with this now....
letterbomb0
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
letterbomb0
July 2nd, 2005 at 04:20pm
Im made fun of at school, but i just say "fuck you, i dont care what you think of me."
Dom
Jackass
Dom
July 3rd, 2005 at 09:43am
eberneezer_egghead:
I often get consious about my body. Im not fat, but im not totally skinny either. I sometimes wish I was prettier or thinner, but why does image matter? isnt it personality that counts???

in some cases yeah people do take personality into account more than looks, i think that most of the people who have gone out with me say its because they think im funny. But of course its easy to say that you only care about peoples personalities but i think its natural for people to want as good a looking partner as they can get. I think theres a lot more pressure on girls to look good though.
**billie joe's girl**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**billie joe's girl**
July 3rd, 2005 at 04:36pm
I don't really care what people think about my appearance. if people like me then they like me for the way i am. what really annoys me is when really skinny girls say that they're fat i'm like omg shut the fuck up! ( i'm done for now)
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
July 3rd, 2005 at 05:53pm
i bet all you souls saying youre fat are like, size 7's... Rolling Eyes
**billie joe's girl**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**billie joe's girl**
July 4th, 2005 at 07:41am
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
i bet all you souls saying youre fat are like, size 7's... Rolling Eyes

I wasn't saying i was fat coz i kno i'm not but skinny girls saying they're fat just for attention really annoys me Evil or Very Mad
Holiday rep whore
Holiday rep whore
July 4th, 2005 at 09:17am
I got shit in my first year at high school for the way my face was, me personally not having a clue what was wrong with it. You can't make fun of someone for the way nature made them!
Register