Body image

AuthorMessage
*drummermunchkin*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*drummermunchkin*
August 8th, 2005 at 02:24pm
media is probably one of the main reasons why people do have eating disorders, it the society (western society) we live in. if you go to the eastern society thin isnt considered attractive at all. in fact the more you weigh the prettier you are.
an for a lot of people it is hard not to want to be slim - everywhere you look there are bilboareds etc showing that slim people are happy. adverts like the dove one should be prasied for using more realistic women.
in the tabloids celebreities are criticised for putting on any weight - look at britney before she became pregant, she was criticised becvause she had put weight on - but i think she has a stunning figure. but as soon as they lose weight ie nicole richie and lindsey lohan they are criticse. these celebrities are people many you women look up to, they should be encouraged to be healthy not slagged off, its a wonder not more people are suffering from eating disorders. but the reality is there are more size 14 women in the wrold then there are size 10. the media should take notice of this and use more realistic women in there adverts.
i no many poeple who have an eating disorder and its horrible to no whats happeneing to them.
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
August 8th, 2005 at 02:43pm
Well im not particualry happy with my body. I would like to be a bit thinner. But everyone says my weight is good for my height, but my hips always bulge over the side of my jeans, and once my "friend" made a remark about it, and it made me upset Sad
In Between Dreams
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
In Between Dreams
August 9th, 2005 at 02:04am
Wow. Smoke, I loove your icon. Wink

Sometimes I feel anorexic. "I'll run that extra mile..dont eat lunch.."

But its not good for you. You're slowly killing yourself. Really.

I feel for these girls that want to be a size 2 and think its beautiful and sexy and think that guys like that.

It might be, but that doesnt mean that a size 6 or 8..12..14.. looks unattractive. Most women DONT look like that, so America better get over this eating disorders crap. -.-
Remember girls:

"Guys don't like 12 year old boys, guys like BOOBS!"-Carlos Mencia
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 9th, 2005 at 04:52am
It's really depressing and sickening that so many people hate what they look like because Paris Hilton has "the look." Most people don't look like that. I happen to have big boobs, long legs, and a small waist, but most people don't have my body, or Pam Anderson's, or whoevers. I was watching the America's Next Top Model marathon(hey, give me a break, reality TV is addicting, lol)and I insantly adored Tyra Banks when she bitched out Janice Dickenson because Janice said something about how they shouldn't let a plus size model(this "plus-sized" model happened to weigh like, 125lbs, lol)win, and Tyra flipped out on her and was saying stuff about how she was the reason so many girls were leaning over their toilets making themselves throw up after eating at the very moment. You gotta be comfortable with how you look, no matter how you look, and that's the bottem line. Don't kill yourself because you aren't 100lbs with DDs and perfect blonde hair.
Stutterfly
Idiot
Stutterfly
August 9th, 2005 at 06:21am
Only 2% of girls actually consider themselves beautiful... scary huh? Honestly. I dislike the way i am, I don't like my thighs, i haven't been given a really pretty face and my hair is never the way i want it to be. I'm not over weight and i'm not really skinny....to be exact i'm 50kg and 160cm tall but i'll live and learn to accept it in time, people often say to others. If you think your fat then do something about it other than complain. But seriously...its NOT that easy. I always diet for about 2 days then i have like...no motivation left. Yer i am pathetic.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 9th, 2005 at 06:02pm
"The media is the right arm of anarchy."
Speechless&Redundant
Geek
Speechless&Redundant
August 10th, 2005 at 12:37am
eberneezer_egghead:
Well im not particualry happy with my body. I would like to be a bit thinner. But everyone says my weight is good for my height, but my hips always bulge over the side of my jeans, and once my "friend" made a remark about it, and it made me upset Sad

I think every girl has thos days where they jsut feel like they arnt thin enough...I get them all the time...and it really pisses me off when my friends say something about it...I dont think Im fat, yeah I have some areas to work on because I gained some stress weight this year but Im working on it right now so fuck em....but my friend once really hurt my feelings when one of my other friends was just messing around and tried to hit me and missed and then my friend said hey how can you miss Melissa oh oops Im not gonna say anything, and that really hurt my feelings...yeah she may be a freaking size 0 because of heridity but I didnt get that lucky

so basically what I am saying is be happy with who you are, every girl is beautiful and if some people are rude to you thats there problem
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
August 10th, 2005 at 04:08am
Speechless&Redundant:
eberneezer_egghead:

I think every girl has thos days where they jsut feel like they arnt thin enough...I get them all the time...and it really pisses me off when my friends say something about it...I dont think Im fat, yeah I have some areas to work on because I gained some stress weight this year but Im working on it right now so fuck em....but my friend once really hurt my feelings when one of my other friends was just messing around and tried to hit me and missed and then my friend said hey how can you miss Melissa oh oops Im not gonna say anything, and that really hurt my feelings...yeah she may be a freaking size 0 because of heridity but I didnt get that lucky

so basically what I am saying is be happy with who you are, every girl is beautiful and if some people are rude to you thats there problem
omg i have those days..omg and a couple times my mom made a comment about my weight and it hurt me alot but i didnt go on a diet or anything.....i dont think in skinny but i dont think im normal im a bit overweight but umm ya..and i dont think ppl r anerxsic(sp.?) because of the media its there fault if they think that..to b honest i have never thought omg im so fat and ugly...because i no everyone is made different and it would b borin if everyone looked the same
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 10th, 2005 at 04:33am
man, i wiegh 115, and im huge! my wrists are 2 inches in circumfrence!

people are fretting too much about anorexia in general. its a mental and physical disorder, and it should be more of a private matter, instead of everyone spilling it over the internet.
clean_with_409
Geek
clean_with_409
August 10th, 2005 at 04:39am
people need to realize that we're never gonna be perfectly toned to "paris hilton perfection" or whatever. because she's airbrushed and she has all this time to make herslef look that way and she has people to do that kinda stuff for her so really, we need to get a reality check and realize that there's nothing wrong with how we look and try to make ourselves look however we wanna look like, but within reason.

*kinda doesn't make sense but I tried =P*
sayno2emo
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
sayno2emo
August 11th, 2005 at 10:58am
i throw up every day because it feels good, it feels good when i lose weight, it feels good when the food slides out my throat. its like a drug. don't judge me, its no longer about how i look but about how i feel.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 11th, 2005 at 11:00am
Who's judging? It's an unhealthy habit.
Speechless&Redundant
Geek
Speechless&Redundant
August 12th, 2005 at 04:43am
judges_daughter:
i throw up every day because it feels good, it feels good when i lose weight, it feels good when the food slides out my throat. its like a drug. don't judge me, its no longer about how i look but about how i feel.

I'm not gonna judge you, but you should relise the risks in what your doing...in the long run it could kill you

and yeah losing weight feel good but there are alot better ways to lose it
Stutterfly
Idiot
Stutterfly
August 12th, 2005 at 07:32am
Speechless&Redundant:
judges_daughter:

I'm not gonna judge you, but you should relise the risks in what your doing...in the long run it could kill you

and yeah losing weight feel good but there are alot better ways to lose it

Try and eat healthy x]
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 12th, 2005 at 07:38am
And exercise. Actually, if you work out enough, that's all you really need, lol. I eat shit, but I walk a mile with my dog every day and 5 days a week I walk 1/4 of a mile to my friends house, and yesterday I walked like, 2 miles from her house to our school to find lockers and get them stuff for their cheerleading(yeah, I know,.....)back to my other friend's house, then back to the original friend's house, then to my house.... wow, I walk a lot, lol.
punk_rock_kitty
Geek
punk_rock_kitty
August 12th, 2005 at 08:18am
judges_daughter:

eat healthy and exercise
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
August 12th, 2005 at 08:27am
I don't like this issue but I can't ignore it.. so here I go...

When people look at themselves in like a mirror or in a picture they pick out things they don't like.. everyone always says how no one is perfect.. i think that's wrong, perfection is defined by YOU and only you. I don't like how people can sit/stand there and insult themselves. I'm not one of the prettiest people in the world but I like my personality, im a fuckin retard when i wanna be, and im smart when im bored I like that, and im perfect they way I am. No matter what, people are gonna critisize and judge you, they're gonna do it even more if you are a good person... My friend Rocio is beautiful and although she's not all that much of a genious, she gets straight A's in all her classes 'cause she fuckin works her ass off everyday. She deserves what she has but people always insult her, they say she's a kiss up and that it's the only reason she gets those grades, but she stands up for what she feels strongly about and everything. People always try to make her feel bad and stuff but she doesn't care, I love that about her, we're really close friends. --Okay Back To My Point-- Even if you're nothing like that, you're still perfect so long as you see yourself as that. You can't can up perfection, it's such a diffrent concept to everyone... the media has something to do with this anorexia shit.. but it's also the people who do it.. you can't just point fingers at the magazines and everything and say it's their fault.. and it kinda is in a way.. but it's also perverted guys who want skinny waists and huge boobs.... then again if girls weren't so damn shallow then they wouldn't want to impress those jerks... I think it's all about the kind of person you are.. if you don't like your body for other reasons than that's diffrent.. but yeah i hope my extremly long paragraph helped some of you or made any sense to a few of you...
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 12th, 2005 at 08:33am
Walking_Towards_The_Light:
I don't like this issue but I can't ignore it.. so here I go...

When people look at themselves in like a mirror or in a picture they pick out things they don't like.. everyone always says how no one is perfect.. i think that's wrong, perfection is defined by YOU and only you. I don't like how people can sit/stand there and insult themselves. I'm not one of the prettiest people in the world but I like my personality, im a fuckin retard when i wanna be, and im smart when im bored I like that, and im perfect they way I am. No matter what, people are gonna critisize and judge you, they're gonna do it even more if you are a good person... My friend Rocio is beautiful and although she's not all that much of a genious, she gets straight A's in all her classes 'cause she fuckin works her ass off everyday. She deserves what she has but people always insult her, they say she's a kiss up and that it's the only reason she gets those grades, but she stands up for what she feels strongly about and everything. People always try to make her feel bad and stuff but she doesn't care, I love that about her, we're really close friends. --Okay Back To My Point-- Even if you're nothing like that, you're still perfect so long as you see yourself as that. You can't can up perfection, it's such a diffrent concept to everyone... the media has something to do with this anorexia shit.. but it's also the people who do it.. you can't just point fingers at the magazines and everything and say it's their fault.. and it kinda is in a way.. but it's also perverted guys who want skinny waists and huge boobs.... then again if girls weren't so damn shallow then they wouldn't want to impress those jerks... I think it's all about the kind of person you are.. if you don't like your body for other reasons than that's diffrent.. but yeah i hope my extremly long paragraph helped some of you or made any sense to a few of you...

Woo!! I have a really big nose, but that's like, the only thing I don't like about my appearance. And I don't dwell on it. And who exactly has the perfect look? Paris Hilton? Flat. Christina Aguilera? Stick. Britney Spears? Plastic. Eva Longoria?... Okay, so she's really pretty, but still, you get my point, lol. And looks aren't everything. I've looked like I do for years now, but last year, NOBODY would have told me I could be an international supermodel, and I NEVER would have work a mini skirt. Confidence is a huge part of beauty. So just stop worrying about what other people think about you, and do what you need to do to feel good without hurting yourself.
Blue Treehugger
Geek
Blue Treehugger
August 12th, 2005 at 08:50pm
if everyone was super skinny and blonde, then you wouldn't be able to tell who everyone was. personally, i think that people should be proud of themselves and to fuck what the media says you should be
Mikelvr
King For A Couple Of Days
Mikelvr
August 13th, 2005 at 01:09pm
Well, when I look at myslef in the mirror, I'm able to tell myself that I like my eyes, or my hair. But I can also see what I dislike about me. It's no big deal, just things now & then. Ppl will say : "yah, but if you didn't care about what ppl could think... " Well, I don't really think that I'm afraid of what ppl can say or think... It's mostly what I and only I dislike. And, again, if we were meant to be alone on this planet, we would be. But we're not. So there's automatically an 'other ppl thoughts'... It's like that, if we want it or not. It's the importance we give to it that matters.

...Phew! n.n
Register