Animal testing.

AuthorMessage
Turkey
Basket Case
Turkey
December 13th, 2005 at 05:59pm
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!:
Best Name I Ever Had:
I don't see why they can't just use us useful humans for testing. If it's for humans, then I think it should be tested on humans.
because its too cruel to do on humans. i did a report on this. its very...cruel. they say its too cruel to do on humans so they do it on animals. because they have no 'feelings'

thats pathetic, animals dont deserve to be killed for us. if animals arent being tested on they are being skinned alive for clothes/car seats/sofas etc... [for us] and meat [for us] in the worst way possible just for twisted fuckers just to have fun! and most of the things they are dying for we dont even need. its sick.
i havnt decided what i htink about the testing for medical thing because we need these things, but theres most likely somehting out there we can test this on but i dont know about that. also is it fair that thousands of anmals die to maybe come up with one cure for somehting? animals live, they have feelings just like us. is it fair that just because we are smarter [sometimes anyway] that we live? no. and dont say to me "u dont know what its like to have a best friend/family member who needs medical things because i do, one of my best friends who i love so much needs some drugs because the stress part of his brain is very weak and he has lots of stress in his life and its gives him fits its so bad, and every single night he goes to sleep he could die. it scares me so much to think i could be hangin out with him one day and they next hes dead. he has to smoke to help keep him calm, so basically hes dying slowly to live.
the thing i digagree with most is killing animals for meat, if a person kills someone they get killed or put in prison. if a animal kills a person it gets killed no matter what, if a person kills an animal they are paid for it. its not right, even they way they kill them is sick. it wouldnt be as bad as it is if they just killed them as fast and painfree as possible but it wouldnt still be cruel and wrong. 911 animals are killed every 1.06 seconds in the us alone. even whenanmals are lucky enought for this not to happen to them and are taken in to a home, they have a huge chance of being abused even then. this is they kind of thing they do to them - http://www.peta2.com/TAKECHARGE/t-streamvideo.asp?c=918
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
December 13th, 2005 at 06:04pm
Animal testing huh.... it's wrong in every single way. Animal testing should be banned because animals have lives too! i'm sure you wouldn't want to be tested on.
Kitteh
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Kitteh
December 14th, 2005 at 12:02am
I too am completely against animal testing...for several reasons. 1) Animals can feel pain (trust me, I've had to witness a cat dying from anti-freeze ingestion FIRST HAND), 2) It's just damn cruel 3) It can be tested with technology or humans who volunteer to have it tested on them (yes, I have heard of this), and 4) Animal bodies are so different from human ones, and the animals they test on are a good deal smaller than people, a small dose of a certain drug might make a human slightly sick whereas it could kill a cat.
Live4BillieJoe
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Live4BillieJoe
December 16th, 2005 at 02:42am
i am completely against animal testing/ wearing fur and all of that, my shoes are leather but i refuse to wear it other than that... hypicritical i know but its hard to find good shoes that arent... other than my converses that i cherish but they dont keep your feet warm.
anyway yeah i hate eating meat because i dont know if the animals were killed in a horrible way like some slaughter houses do and i think to an extent... medical testing is somewhat okay if it can save lives... but if we arent willing to test it on humans then why would we hurt an animal just because it cant fight back
Angelstars
Geek
Angelstars
December 17th, 2005 at 04:08pm
I've always thought it was wrong. I was worried about how my asthma inhalers were tested so I wrote to the company and they explained how they test them and animals weren't involved which was a relief.

Also, once I went to buy a rat from the pet shop and when I got her home she kept freaking out and shaking. It ended up she was an ex lab rat and she was so traumatised she had to be put down. It was horrible.
Lilyvazz
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Lilyvazz
December 19th, 2005 at 12:54pm
I don't agree with animal testing, full stop. Why do we think we are so much better than animals, that we have to go and treat them like s***. To be honest, i'd rather die then use medicines that are tested on animals. I do hate the fact when PETA and such, hurt people who are not really involved. Besides there are alternatives to animal testing and i don't see why we don't go with them.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 19th, 2005 at 01:56pm
Am I the only one who agrees with animal testing?. Well, to a certain extent I do. I would never ban it. I challenge all of you to go and take a long look in the mirror. The soap you washed your face with this morning, the make-up you cake your faces in, the deoderant you spray on your skin, the painkillers you took for your headache, hell even the paint you painted with in art class have been animal-tested.

Of course, I hate the cruelty and abuse animals have to suffer. Yes, it is ugly. And sick. But it is a 'needs must'. If animal testing uncovers a cure for any number of illnesses; such as Alzheimer's or Various other mental illnesses, or prevents people being killed by a harmful chemical that was found dangerous in testing, then won't it be worth it?.
Lilyvazz
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Lilyvazz
December 19th, 2005 at 02:05pm
You need to think that as we do test on animals, that we should give they better conditions, perhaps the thing that makes people against it aswell is the fact that animals don't have a voice and they can't say wherever they want this done to them or not, but we do. If some guy were to take us from our home and tell us we were going to be tested on, what would we do about it?
tres_drummer_girl
Geek
tres_drummer_girl
December 20th, 2005 at 10:36am
If they can test animals, why cant they test humans? Humans give a better response, we can talk! They just use animals because they think they dont have any feelings. Its a pity guilt-less thing they do because, since anmals cant talk, they cant tell you how they feel, thus they dont feel guilty.
steady riot.
King For A Couple Of Days
steady riot.
December 28th, 2005 at 02:30pm
im completly against it. I also boycott IAMS. They test on animals...and its a pet food company, they're one of the only companies that still do. PETA tried to talk them out of it, but they said animal testing is part of their history, and they will not stop. www.iamscruelty.com its sad.
steady riot.
steady riot.
December 28th, 2005 at 02:34pm
Bloodraine:
Am I the only one who agrees with animal testing?. Well, to a certain extent I do. I would never ban it. I challenge all of you to go and take a long look in the mirror. The soap you washed your face with this morning, the make-up you cake your faces in, the deoderant you spray on your skin, the painkillers you took for your headache, hell even the paint you painted with in art class have been animal-tested.

Of course, I hate the cruelty and abuse animals have to suffer. Yes, it is ugly. And sick. But it is a 'needs must'. If animal testing uncovers a cure for any number of illnesses; such as Alzheimer's or Various other mental illnesses, or prevents people being killed by a harmful chemical that was found dangerous in testing, then won't it be worth it?.

Animal testing is not "a must" People have made special machines, that function like a human body, and have "skin". It gives the results just like an animal would. But some companies refuse to do that, becuase animal testing is part of their history, or how the company started. Not all companies animal test, i only buy from companies that don't. I have a dog, who we saved from animal testing. When we got her, she was rail thin, starving, and terrified of human contact. They treat animals horribly. I agree for medical research, its fine. But cosmetic...thats un-neccessary.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2005 at 02:54pm
Billie_joes_insomniac1352:
Bloodraine:

Animal testing is not "a must" People have made special machines, that function like a human body, and have "skin". It gives the results just like an animal would. But some companies refuse to do that, becuase animal testing is part of their history, or how the company started. Not all companies animal test, i only buy from companies that don't. I have a dog, who we saved from animal testing. When we got her, she was rail thin, starving, and terrified of human contact. They treat animals horribly. I agree for medical research, its fine. But cosmetic...thats un-neccessary.

Pardon my expression. Perhaps you aren't familiar with it. 'Needs must' is a term which means that although it may be inhumae or otherwise, it is a necessity. Rather unlike 'Must', which means to be required or obliged.
[IVK]KillHannahrocks[BGTA
Geek
[IVK]KillHannahrocks[BGTA
December 30th, 2005 at 12:46am
i THINKS ITS SICK THAT PEOPLE TEST ON POOR INNOCENT ANIMALS I WOULD SLAP ANYONE WHO I MET AND CALL THEM AN ASSHOLE FOR TESTIN ON ANIMALS!
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 30th, 2005 at 11:59am
GREENDAYSROADIE500:
i THINKS ITS SICK THAT PEOPLE TEST ON POOR INNOCENT ANIMALS I WOULD SLAP ANYONE WHO I MET AND CALL THEM AN ASSHOLE FOR TESTIN ON ANIMALS!

And what would you do if you, say, lost your eyes through mis-using a dangerous chemical which had not been tested? Go and beat the shit out of those 'asshole' scientists for not making sure it was safe?.
Cupid Stunt
Geek
Cupid Stunt
February 5th, 2006 at 08:57am
I'm sure some of you have heard of the arguments over the Oxford Animal Lab right? Well anyway, me and 2 of my friends were in Oxford city centre on Saturday the 28th Jenuary and SPEAK were having this demonstration thing. One of my friends wrote on a bit of A2 card "Support progrees- Build the Oxford Lab" And so Pro-Test was born. Speak's members were going to get violent and if the police hadn't of been there we would have been lynched. We had a peaceful protest. 3 teengers vs 100 + adults. We got plenty of support.

Animal testing could help us find cures for AIDS, HIV , Cancer and many other diseases. And as for the whole "save the poor monkeys!" thing only 0.5% of animal test subject are apes. It's mostly rats and rats give birth to a good 20 + babies so there's hardly a shortage.
Go to www.pro-test.org.uk for more information.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 5th, 2006 at 09:06am
Cupid Stunt:
Animal testing could help us find cures for AIDS, HIV , Cancer and many other diseases. And as for the whole "save the poor monkeys!" thing only 0.5% of animal test subject are apes. It's mostly rats and rats give birth to a good 20 + babies so there's hardly a shortage.

Just to correct you...It's mice that have 20+ babies in a litter (and that's rare unless they're lab-mice). But you're still along the right lines. Rats have more like 5-10 if you're lucky and they usually have a few stillborn anyway.

I used to breed them, you see.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
Falling In Love With The Board
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
February 5th, 2006 at 09:12am
i dont like animal testing hsit if its for stupid thing slike make up and hai rproducts. i hate cruelty to animals but say you have a child who is critically ill and a drug tested on animals could help save their life, what would you do? it's difficult full stop, becaus eit is a form of cruelty which i dont agree with, but i know i wouldnt refuse a drug that would save my childs life if tested on something. well.
Cupid Stunt
Geek
Cupid Stunt
February 5th, 2006 at 09:13am
Bloodraine:
Cupid Stunt:

Just to correct you...It's mice that have 20+ babies in a litter (and that's rare unless they're lab-mice). But you're still along the right lines. Rats have more like 5-10 if you're lucky and they usually have a few stillborn anyway.

I used to breed them, you see.

Fair enough. But there's still no shortage of rats. I think they use rabbits too. And rabbits fcuk like there's no tomorrow. I had a rabbit, he's screw anything that moved.
Cupid Stunt
Geek
Cupid Stunt
February 5th, 2006 at 09:14am
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.:
i dont like animal testing hsit if its for stupid thing slike make up and hai rproducts. i hate cruelty to animals but say you have a child who is critically ill and a drug tested on animals could help save their life, what would you do? it's difficult full stop, becaus eit is a form of cruelty which i dont agree with, but i know i wouldnt refuse a drug that would save my childs life if tested on something. well.

I'm against testing cosmetics on animals, but if the testing could ultimately save thousands of human lives then test on em! No pain, no gain...
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 5th, 2006 at 09:34am
Bloodraine:

no you are not the only one and in fact if it wasnt for animal testing i wouldnt be here today. I know that its not nice and if there was any other way we could test medicines and cosmetics then i would. My sons drugs were tested on animals b4 they were given the go ahead for realise and thankgod they were.

I dont see why though that they should have bleach poured into they're eyes, if anyone can justifie that to me then i will gladly listen to them.
Register