Animal testing.

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 6th, 2006 at 11:39am
tre_cool_is_god:
i think it look hideous why walk around with fur on your back when there are other materials that can keep us warm like wool.

Wool comes from animals, too.

You think it looks hideous on the animals? Of course you don't. Nothing changes in between.

I don't think I'd ever buy a fur coat on purpose...But while they're laying dusty in an attic, why not make use of them?. Those animals died over 80 years ago judging by the age of my Grandma and the time they had been there...Bit late to be crying 'cruelty' now, isn't it?
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 6th, 2006 at 11:41am
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
i think it look hideous why walk around with fur on your back when there are other materials that can keep us warm like wool.

Wool comes from animals, too.

You think it looks hideous on the animals? Of course you don't. Nothing changes in between.

I don't think I'd ever buy a fur coat on purpose...But while they're laying dusty in an attic, why not make use of them?. Those animals died over 80 years ago judging by the age of my Grandma and the time they had been there...Bit late to be crying 'cruelty' now, isn't it?

yeah but the differnce being is that sheep dont normally die. But i was just stating a fact anyway fur coats and the like were fashionable when your granny bought them.
the17th-minority
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the17th-minority
February 6th, 2006 at 04:56pm
My mom pulled a fur coat out of a box yesterday. It is so fucking hot in it! Anyways, Maybe it won't itch for you people...but I have super sensitive skin and eczema...which doesn't help.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
February 7th, 2006 at 12:49pm
It takeS twenty dumb animals to make a fur coat and only one to wear it.
wheels-and-dolls-baby
Geek
wheels-and-dolls-baby
February 7th, 2006 at 02:37pm
I eat meat but won't use cosmetics tested on animals
the17th-minority
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the17th-minority
February 10th, 2006 at 07:17pm
I don't do that either. I think animal testing for cosmetics and hair products is a stupid and harmful thing to do! Use some people to see the actual effects...
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
February 11th, 2006 at 02:29pm
But people are more valuable and important than animals. Therefore we use them for testing.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
February 11th, 2006 at 02:30pm
PanicOfBeliever:
But people are more valuable and important than animals. Therefore we use them for testing.

No they're not.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 11th, 2006 at 03:05pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
PanicOfBeliever:

No they're not.

We are most certainly not.

People use animals for testing as a very evil necessarity. We have no right to do so, we have no higher value, we are not more valuable. However, we do it out of strong need to do so. In the future, this may cease to happen.
Cupid Stunt
Geek
Cupid Stunt
February 13th, 2006 at 07:24am
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
PanicOfBeliever:

No they're not.

People use animals for testing as a very evil necessarity. We have no right to do so, we have no higher value, we are not more valuable. However, we do it out of strong need to do so. In the future, this may cease to happen.

Indeed
Turkey
Basket Case
Turkey
February 13th, 2006 at 07:46am
http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupid=100418532&Mytoken=BF83A373-F014-9B55-BF74EF7B5B3EC4F1144059
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 09:31am
Cupid Stunt:
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
PanicOfBeliever:

No they're not.

Indeed

but what if they test the medication out on people and they because of it, i dont like animal testing and in fact i protest (peacefully) against it wouldnt it be better to loose a few anilmals than an human being?

This is what if question and not nesscesary my views.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 11:14am
tre_cool_is_god:
but what if they test the medication out on people and they because of it, i dont like animal testing and in fact i protest (peacefully) against it wouldnt it be better to loose a few anilmals than an human being?

I have no problem with that reasoning.

I have a problem with people who think; 'Its okay to kill animals because we are superior. We are above them'.

That's just stupid; (Okay, maybe I take my rabid stance on equality too far now and again, but I do not believe we, as a species, are superior to all animals as a whole).
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 11:18am
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:

I have no problem with that reasoning.

I have a problem with people who think; 'Its okay to kill animals because we are superior. We are above them'.

That's just stupid; (Okay, maybe I take my rabid stance on equality too far now and again, but I do not believe we, as a species, are superior to all animals as a whole).

we are not superior to animals in fct they are more superior to use because long after we die out they will still be here.
Jess the pixie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Jess the pixie
February 18th, 2006 at 05:02am
Aww my old thread is still here. Hello thread.
Jess the pixie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Jess the pixie
February 18th, 2006 at 05:23am
Oh reading some of the comments...Eating meat is totaly different from testing animals. Meat is part of our stable diet. It is not cruel to eat meat. It's cruel how some of the animals are kept. Like what they do to chickens. That's why we buy free range eggs.
cactus.
Falling In Love With The Board
cactus.
February 19th, 2006 at 09:12am
I'm totally against animal testing. In the medicine field it's difficult for me to have an opinion because, at least if they wouldn't torture the animals while testing drugs.I saw a documentary where the so-called researchers starved the animals, and did horrfying things to them.It's one thing to test drugs and anothere to kill the animals slowly and painfully.I'm a bit too idealistic, but when I'll grow up I'll be a vet and I'll do all i can to help animals everywhere.
Shes_A_Basket_Case
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Shes_A_Basket_Case
February 19th, 2006 at 07:28pm
I am strongly against it. I mean, there are other ways to test things, and testing things on animals in my view is just as bad as testing things on people. Its life we're talking about here, and the animal has the right to have one.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 19th, 2006 at 09:51pm
i am against it because all of these animals are kept in cages mostly all the time and having chemicals being put on you.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 20th, 2006 at 09:43am
Even though i am against it can some one please tell me who or what are they suppose to test medicines on? I understand that make shouldn't be tested on animals because at the end of the day we are the ones who are comsumed with beauty and looking good.
Register