Animal testing.

AuthorMessage
Jess the pixie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Jess the pixie
February 20th, 2006 at 10:16am
Is it only me who think that the majority of PETA are cunts?
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 20th, 2006 at 11:20am
Jess the pixie:

excuse me for being dim but was is the PETA??
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 20th, 2006 at 11:31am
Magne:
Jess the pixie:

A group of rabid terrorists

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
They're an Animal right's group.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 20th, 2006 at 11:33am
Bloodraine:
Magne:
Jess the pixie:

A group of rabid terrorists

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
They're an Animal right's group.

oh thanks but i ahve yet anouther question (hey if you dont know somthing the best thing is to ask) why are they C**ts?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 20th, 2006 at 11:34am
Magne:
oh thanks but i ahve yet anouther question (hey if you dont know somthing the best thing is to ask) why are they C**ts?

Because although they promote animal rights, they do so in a very violent and extreme way at times.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 20th, 2006 at 11:38am
Bloodraine:
Magne:

Because although they promote animal rights, they do so in a very violent and extreme way at times.

then yes i see now. Embarassed I am for animal rights but to go about it like some people do is wrong, to break into labs and FREE all the animals is dangerous (whos to say that they havent got a disease that we could catch?) And to put a dead dears head on a hunters land rover is sick.
HopelessAngel
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
HopelessAngel
March 11th, 2006 at 10:29am
i think testing on animals is completely and i try to avoid buying things that do test. But its not always easy is it? i mean, alot of companies dont write it on their labels and stuff. So yeah. im really against it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 11th, 2006 at 01:26pm
HopelessAngel:
i think testing on animals is completely and i try to avoid buying things that do test. But its not always easy is it? i mean, alot of companies dont write it on their labels and stuff. So yeah. im really against it.

For anything not needed, like cosmetic purposes, Im very against it, but for medical purposes, it is needed.Several of my grandparenst have died from cancer, due to the lack of knowledge, and one study they are working on now is with sharks and some chemicals in their brains that can prevent it, its a touchy subject, but people come before animals.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 11th, 2006 at 02:50pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
HopelessAngel:

For anything not needed, like cosmetic purposes, Im very against it, but for medical purposes, it is needed.Several of my grandparenst have died from cancer, due to the lack of knowledge, and one study they are working on now is with sharks and some chemicals in their brains that can prevent it, its a touchy subject, but people come before animals.

My thoughts exactly.

My Mum always says; "If you were driving in your car and there was a man and a dog in the road, which would you swerve to avoid?"

I would sacrifice the animal to further the life of the human.
HopelessAngel
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
HopelessAngel
March 11th, 2006 at 04:00pm
Yeah, I agree about the medical purposes. But im still fully against cosmetic purposes. I'm glad that they're trying to find cures for things that people are dying from everyday.
xXxFallen AngelxXx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xXxFallen AngelxXx
March 11th, 2006 at 05:24pm
HopelessAngel:
Yeah, I agree about the medical purposes. But im still fully against cosmetic purposes. I'm glad that they're trying to find cures for things that people are dying from everyday.
I agree. I dont think that its right that some little animal should suffer for someones vanity.
sachikolo
Geek
sachikolo
March 12th, 2006 at 01:40am
pros-helps saves lives

cons-could kill the animal, might not help save anything, could give animal side effects, might work on the animal but not on ppl

-notice there are more cons than pros
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 12th, 2006 at 11:50am
obssesed_w/_GD:
pros-helps saves lives

cons-could kill the animal, might not help save anything, could give animal side effects, might work on the animal but not on ppl

-notice there are more cons than pros

Also notice you didnt use one complete sentence, and SAVES LIVES is a pretty damn big pro, notice that as well.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 12th, 2006 at 11:53am
obssesed_w/_GD:
pros-helps saves lives

Need I say any more?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 12th, 2006 at 12:28pm
Yes, for those who argue. "why are humans so much more important than animals?" Let me answer that for you.

Im not denying animals are an imporant part of the world around us, but what species advanced the world to the state its in today? Humans. All the tecnological inventions, all the luxaries you have, all the medicines, for people and animals alike. Humans. Humans are a much, much, much more intelligent lifeform than animals.Therfore, it only makes sense that we should do everything in our power to help ourselves in order to advance society even more. Sometimes, it does result in cruel things, but if finding the cure to cancer means some dead dogs, thats a sacrifice Im willing to make. Those of you who actually talk to me know I am very supportive of animal rights, but Im also very supportive of advancing medical science, our life depends on what we discover and what diseases we cure. What if no one had tested the polio vaccine? People would be suffering from that still. What about research to cure AIDS? Your telling me a monkey is more important than that? No, it isnt. Poverty and sickness is a major issue in countries around the world, those PEOPLE need our help more than the animals that we use to help them.

I may sound cruel and heartless, but the next time you get a chance, volunteer at a childrens hospital, go spend time with the little girls who are losing their hair to Lukemia, or the kids with other forms of cancer, or kids born with heart defects who have to have massive surgery, or the ones with Hemophilia or maybe Sickle Cell anemia. its horrible, just one hour in there with them, and you would be willing to give your dog up for animal testing.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
March 12th, 2006 at 12:57pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Yes, for those who argue. "why are humans so much more important than animals?" Let me answer that for you.

Im not denying animals are an imporant part of the world around us, but what species advanced the world to the state its in today? Humans. All the tecnological inventions, all the luxaries you have, all the medicines, for people and animals alike. Humans. Humans are a much, much, much more intelligent lifeform than animals.Therfore, it only makes sense that we should do everything in our power to help ourselves in order to advance society even more. Sometimes, it does result in cruel things, but if finding the cure to cancer means some dead dogs, thats a sacrifice Im willing to make. Those of you who actually talk to me know I am very supportive of animal rights, but Im also very supportive of advancing medical science, our life depends on what we discover and what diseases we cure. What if no one had tested the polio vaccine? People would be suffering from that still. What about research to cure AIDS? Your telling me a monkey is more important than that? No, it isnt. Poverty and sickness is a major issue in countries around the world, those PEOPLE need our help more than the animals that we use to help them.

I may sound cruel and heartless, but the next time you get a chance, volunteer at a childrens hospital, go spend time with the little girls who are losing their hair to Lukemia, or the kids with other forms of cancer, or kids born with heart defects who have to have massive surgery, or the ones with Hemophilia or maybe Sickle Cell anemia. its horrible, just one hour in there with them, and you would be willing to give your dog up for animal testing.

I don't think that sounds heartless at all, I totally agree with you.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 12th, 2006 at 01:00pm
One point I'd like to add...

For all you anti-Animal Testing people...Do you think, if evolution had gone the other way and chimpanzees were the most advanced species on earth, would they really hesitate in testing their drugs and remedies upon us?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 12th, 2006 at 01:44pm
Incubus:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I don't think that sounds heartless at all, I totally agree with you.

Ok good, I was afraid it would come off like I dont care about animals, believe me, I do Cool And I also agree with Bloodraine's point, whatever is at the peak of evolution is going to use lower things to make sure they stay at the peak of evolution, humans just ended up on top.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
March 13th, 2006 at 04:43am
I read all of your opinions. I agree on some aspects but don't think we are any more important then animals. I must say, though, if we ARE, should WE be the ones to give it a thought and ask ourselves; If we are more important, if we are more intelligent and more complex, why won't WE try to change the cruelty, why don't WE show that we are smarter and better?
Everyone deserves an equal place on this planet. Animals weren't brought to this world for the purpose of testing, killing etc. We should be grateful that we have these little creatures among us, cause anyone who ever had a pet knows how much uncondicional love they give us.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 13th, 2006 at 05:19am
if it wasnt for animal testing some people wouldnt be here today, for those you say that they shouldnt test drugs out on animals and you are on medication to keep you alive, let me say this, stop taking your medication because they were tested on animals some where along the line, you cant argue from one point and the other.
Register