Geek
zdf_jammin
August 24th, 2005 at 09:51pm
cults are creepy, and its just... wieeerd
TheFaggot
King For A Couple Of Days
TheFaggot
August 25th, 2005 at 11:14am
Where I live, there is a cult in a old house on a nearby farm, close to the school... The windowws and doors are always shut, and I don't think anybody knows who are there... They hang up posters here and there about "meetings"... O.o Nobody knows what they REALLY do...
I Heart Bunney
Falling In Love With The Board
I Heart Bunney
August 25th, 2005 at 11:31am
Cult's are strange, strange things.
Batman
Geek
Batman
August 25th, 2005 at 11:38am
question_everything:
i remember seing a thing on ET ages ago, and the name "Manson" sounds vaguley familiar... they were ahving this interview with someone, who's name i do not recall, but i think his last name may or may not be Manson, anyway he's imprisoned in Califorania for the rest of his life, for murder or something, and he has a little Nazi sign on his forehead...

Charles manson by any chance? He didnt actually murder anyone but got his cult to, he told his cult (the manson family) "You made your children what they are.... These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up.... You can project it back at me, but I am only what lives inside each and every one of you. My father is your system.... I am only what you made me. I am a reflection of you. ~ Charles manson
He claimed to be a recreation of Jesus christ
His followers believed he was Jesus Christ, or the "fifth angel", the other four angels being the members of British band the Beatles.

He named his racist Armageddon philosophy after "Helter Skelter", a Beatles song, and preached that black people would begin stealing from and killing white people if something wasn't done. He prophesied that Helter Skelter would begin happening in 1969, and his devoted and unhinged followers lapped up his teachings.

When his prophecies failed to come true, he told his followers that the black population wouldn't know what to do unless the white population showed them.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 25th, 2005 at 09:41pm
CREEEPY
Headfirst For Halos
Headfirst For Halos
September 1st, 2005 at 06:41pm
† Lestat †:
Wow that was interesting to read they should just kill or imprision that Shoko Asahara so no more chaos can be caused

I don't think its quite that easy.
However, him claiming to travel forward to 2006 and speak to survivors of World War III...What will happen when they discover he was wrong about that? [Unless world war III happens & ends very quickly. Which I doubt it will, somehow.]
Baguelle
Baguelle
September 1st, 2005 at 11:45pm
Awful...
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
November 6th, 2005 at 04:38pm
.....Organized religion.......

.............the biggest....and most deadly.....cult going

H-F-P-R
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
November 7th, 2005 at 08:39am
i saw a news story on this man by the name of David Koresh who had a lot of wives and believed in polygamy, and he had these radical beliefs. one day the David set the place where he and his followers lived on fire by telling his followers to douse gasoline on themselves---because they're dying for god.
the kids of the house managed to get away and survive, but theyre practically scarred for life.
Kitti
Kitti
November 7th, 2005 at 05:55pm
zdf_jammin:
cults are creepy, and its just... wieeerd

definitively, all religions are cults. websters seventh edition collegiate dictionary defines it thusly: "1: formal religious veneration. 2: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also its body of adherents."
the other two definitions deal with the word in a rather different way, these being somewhat irrelevant. look them up if you wish, however.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 8th, 2005 at 11:16am
Religions can be likened to cults. In fact, they are civilised, widely-accepted cults. Or thats what i think, anyway.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 11th, 2005 at 01:59pm
I was wondering when you'd get your definition of "cult" in, para...

It's true, every religion is really a cult. Some are just bigger, better organized and wield more power than others...like the Sith! Or something.
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
November 11th, 2005 at 02:28pm
I don't understand why people join such obscure cults if they haven't actually been brought up that way....

But with reiligion being like a cult... it kind of is, but cults are kinda just the bad religions, in a way.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 11th, 2005 at 02:32pm
But what you say is bad is good for others. Good and evil are completely relative.
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
November 11th, 2005 at 02:33pm
I mean considered bad in the general view. If it doesn't fit into general society, it will automatically be classed as bad
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 11th, 2005 at 02:39pm
Which is why society blows chunks.
Kitti
Kitti
November 11th, 2005 at 04:09pm
rehab~reject:
I mean considered bad in the general view. If it doesn't fit into general society, it will automatically be classed as bad

society is fucked up. weve all come to accept that fact. society defines a cult as evil, wicca is "cultist" and therefore evil. but the most important part of wicca is "harm none" so how can that be evil? i know a number of wiccans. only one of them is evil, and it has nothing to do with religion, hes just generally an asshole. a lot of other obscure religions arent evil. dirtyhippie is absolutely right, good and evil, theyre realtive. what society says doesnt matter. truth is relative.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 11th, 2005 at 04:16pm
paradoxical:
rehab~reject:

society is fucked up. weve all come to accept that fact. society defines a cult as evil, wicca is "cultist" and therefore evil. but the most important part of wicca is "harm none" so how can that be evil? i know a number of wiccans. only one of them is evil, and it has nothing to do with religion, hes just generally an asshole. a lot of other obscure religions arent evil. dirtyhippie is absolutely right, good and evil, theyre realtive. what society says doesnt matter. truth is relative.

Exactly!
The main rule of Wicca is "An' ye harm none do what ye will".
How can anyone think that the Craft is evil? It's one of the most gentle, loving religions around. Whenever I tell anyone who's like a really xCore Christian that I'm a Wiccan they're just like "BLAAAH" and have a big go at me. I mean, I don't disrespect their religion, but they see nothing wrong with completly slating mine. Mad
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 11th, 2005 at 04:54pm
What did you expect? Smile Christianity, on the whole, is a very contradictory religion. And so are most zealous Christians. I cannot be doing with hypocrites like that who judge others so harshly.
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
November 11th, 2005 at 05:02pm
bloodraine:
What did you expect? Smile Christianity, on the whole, is a very contradictory religion. And so are most zealous Christians. I cannot be doing with hypocrites like that who judge others so harshly.

KUDOS!!!!

....well-said bloodraine

H-F-P-R
Register