Children who are going against their parents

AuthorMessage
SynGatesrocksmybed
King For A Couple Of Days
SynGatesrocksmybed

Mibba
November 28th, 2006 at 09:34pm
I go against y parents and it's really hard getting yelled at everyday and my parents calling me a failure when I'm doing everything I can to get into college and have a future
SynGatesrocksmybed
SynGatesrocksmybed

Mibba
November 28th, 2006 at 09:36pm
Viva La Stupid:
i of course respect my parents, if i do call my mom a bitch we end up lmfao lmfao lmfao for about a half an hour
thats how we joke around
me and my dad don't talk too much but when we do its ok.

thy let me do what i want as long as i'm respectful and polite and keep my grades up

i have no reason to ''rebel''

You're incredibly lucky my parents dont let me do any thing
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
November 29th, 2006 at 05:21pm
i have to admit i am fairly liberal where my kids come in, because they are lucky enough to have a mum and dad who will joke with them, and we also like the same things down to music and somtimes clothes, (my daughter especially takes my shoes) and we do almost everything together i give them the respect to do what they like when they are out with they're mate has long as they take the consiquneces (sp) when they do wrong, we also take time out on an eveing to ask if everything was ok and fine at school, and i never ever forget to tell them i love them every day (without fail), and that gives me the respect that i deserve and i am glad to say that they hadly go against what i say, if they do i ask them why they did it and if i think i was being unresonable then i adjust my way of thinking.
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
December 3rd, 2006 at 02:25am
my parents dont give a shit bout me....i spend more time out of home now
Hello, My Name Is Asshole
Jackass
Hello, My Name Is Asshole

Blog
December 3rd, 2006 at 03:25pm
Both. Parents could have raised the child with more discipline and the kids should realize that the parents are only doing what's best for their children. In most cases.
billiejoeroxx
Geek
billiejoeroxx
December 3rd, 2006 at 07:08pm
i think its the parents fault because many parents wont let their kids follow their true dreams. the parents want their dreams about their kids to come true. its like, let us do what are dreams are, not yours.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 3rd, 2006 at 07:43pm
billiejoeroxx:
i think its the parents fault because many parents wont let their kids follow their true dreams. the parents want their dreams about their kids to come true. its like, let us do what are dreams are, not yours.

Not all parents. My mum sometimes tries to force her opinions on me, but thats a rarity. My parents are generally supportive of my decisions. I want to be a musician. They're supportive of that, because they know I'm a really good musician, and they know that I have common sense and I'm extreamly stubbourn.

They even approve of my fall back plan, an audio engineer. And that's gotta be the worst fall back plan ever, cause that's a business that is just as hard to get into as the music business.

But it's all that I want to do. And they support me.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 3rd, 2006 at 09:05pm
I don't see the point in this thread at all. You can't debate anything. It all depends on the specific situation that the kid/parents are in.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 3rd, 2006 at 10:06pm
Yeah, neither. And most people use it as a way to bitch about their parents. If they have a legetimate reason to bitch about their parents, then I have no problem with that. But for the other people, you may hate them now, but when you're older you'll realise you're just being stupid ._.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 6th, 2006 at 04:44am
billiejoeroxx:

what if the childs true dream is to have kids at 12? should they be allowed to follow that dream?
spaz_mango
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
spaz_mango
December 7th, 2006 at 04:55am
I think everyones focusing too much on this whole discipline, personally its not about if my mum doesnt let me out.. its about WHY she wouldnt let me out. My mums a legend, basically because she remembers being a teenager herself and accepts the desires i would have at this age. More so, on rare occasions where she doesnt let me do something she'll actually give a justified reason as to why Im not allowed and of course I'll agree and the love keeps flowing. My mums crazy about communication and its true. Its the best way to create a loving and effective relationship between parent and child. All you have to do is sit down and talk and explain. After that if the kid is just stupid and immature to realize there's nothing more you can do. The reason why my parents divorced was solely based on the fact that they had two COMPLETELY different vies on how to raise their kids. My dad the other night goes (after i asked him why i wasnt allowed to go out with a couple of friends) "You've had too much fun lately" WTF? Dude seriously, I cant believe im related to him. He's such a hyprocrit cause the things he did when he was my age were much much worse, his excuse "They were different times" Bullshit, still 16.
I love CHURTLES!!
Geek
I love CHURTLES!!
January 2nd, 2007 at 04:52pm
What ever happened to
"Respect your Father and Mother"?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2007 at 07:21pm
I love CHURTLES!!:
What ever happened to

Well, when your father is an abusive drunk or your mother is a degrading drug addict, you tell me how much you respect them.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 3rd, 2007 at 04:00am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I love CHURTLES!!:
What ever happened to

Well, when your father is an abusive drunk or your mother is a degrading drug addict, you tell me how much you respect them.
They aren't proper parents then. If you have a stable family with no kind of druggie, drunky, harrassy sort of people, then you should give your parents the respect they deserve for bringing you up, because it's damn tough to do what they have done. Parents who don't care about their children, whether they're mostly drunk or they just let their children out willy nilly, aren't doing a proper job of parenting, and I wouldn't consider them real parents.
I love CHURTLES!!
Geek
I love CHURTLES!!
January 3rd, 2007 at 09:28pm
Anji:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I love CHURTLES!!:
What ever happened to

They aren't proper parents then. If you have a stable family with no kind of druggie, drunky, harrassy sort of people, then you should give your parents the respect they deserve for bringing you up, because it's damn tough to do what they have done. Parents who don't care about their children, whether they're mostly drunk or they just let their children out willy nilly, aren't doing a proper job of parenting, and I wouldn't consider them real parents.

nicley put
akason14
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
akason14
January 4th, 2007 at 05:03pm
When I lived with my mom she was overprotective of me. When I was 8 and I found out she was a drug addict along with my father I went besurk. Then it was like because I found out about them being drug addicts they went crazy with the drugs. My mom gave me up to go screw guys on the street and my dad spiraled into hard drugs like crack cocaine. I was living with him. My dad ended up in jail and my mom well nobody knew where she was. I was 9 now and my rebelion started.I had to be the adult but I needed realeased so I rebeled. I got money for my nineth birthday and I found a Cd which had been released in the year 1993 by the name of Dookie from a band called Green Day. I fell in love with the band and I started to rebel more. I finally got a hold of my mom after I moved in with my grandma at 10 and called her the most vulgar things over the phone. She told me my dad wasn't actually my dad and that she had screwed a bunch of guys back in 1991 when she got pregnant with me and said she didn't know whose I was but that I wasn't his. Then when I was 13 I went to one of my shows and I didn't come back to my grandmas that night. When I was 14 after a year of dissappearing from the face of the earth. My older sister Brittany found me and told me to come home. I didn't. I went to my real home which was with my supposed father and supposed little brother Brandon. To this day I still live with my dad. My mom is serving 5 years for aggravated assault, robbery and 2 possesion charges and I still hate her. See in this case it's more the parents fault then anything. But with my friends story it's his fault. He would smoke ciggerettes and drink come home piss drunk and his parents would be so scared.I would bring him home from my gigs when we were 13 at about 3 in the morning and his parents would be freaking out. Finally he just ran off and lives with me in my dads house and attends regular AA meetings with my father to battle his alchoholism. So in some cases it is the parents' fault in some cases its the kids. Good rant and thoerie (sp?) over.
akason14
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
akason14
January 4th, 2007 at 05:14pm
There is just two examples. It all depends on the kids situation. I mean like if your parents care and show love and affection and you still act like an asshole that's not right. But if your parents act like assholes and do really bad stuff around their kids and their kids rebel hey whatever.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 4th, 2007 at 07:14pm
I love CHURTLES!!:
Anji:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I love CHURTLES!!:
What ever happened to

nicley put

She wasn't agreeing with you. Your statement was broad and vauge. And really it doesnt matter what you consider parents, biologically they are parents. It aggitates me to no end when people make sterotypical assumptions that any teenager who complains about their parents is an ungrateful brat. You haven't lived their life and you have absolutely no right to judge them.
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
July 11th, 2007 at 10:27pm
unless your parents are really mean (abusive sexually or hit you, call you names, real issues of that nature) then you'd better fucking respect your parents, cuz you'll regret it when they're gone.
Holly Golightly
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Holly Golightly
July 12th, 2007 at 12:59am
i respect my parents...i just understand why they shout at me...because i'm stupid ungrateful lazy bitch=)but when they shout,i just smile,because i really don't care at those moments...
when my little sister was born they begin to care less of me....on the one hand it is good - i have more freedom...but on the other hand I really miss this care...but not looking at it i love and respect them and of course i'll never call my mom on her first name or kick her...
Register