Brainwashing and Propaganda

AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 2nd, 2005 at 11:02pm
brainwashing isn't all too common, but it can take a toll...

and propaganda is all too common, especially in the good ol' U.S.A.
examples-Michael Moore, Boston Massacre, Thomas Jefferson's campaign

well, talk about things now that you think are propaganda or brainwashing
skanking Brit
skanking Brit
June 2nd, 2005 at 11:04pm
Farenheit 9/11 was all propaganda.
† foresaken †
Geek
† foresaken †
June 3rd, 2005 at 05:13am
propaganda has always been effective Hitler used it very well during the fascist campaign in germany.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 3rd, 2005 at 09:58am
† foresaken †:
propaganda has always been effective Hitler used it very well during the fascist campaign in germany.
Hitler actually used brainwashing
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
June 3rd, 2005 at 10:00am
spill_no_sick:
† foresaken †:
he used both
† Lestat †
Idiot
† Lestat †
June 3rd, 2005 at 10:00am
I know what brainwashing is but what is propaganda?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 3rd, 2005 at 10:05am
*Murderdolls*:
propaganda is political bullshit
like how Michael Moore made Feirhenheit 9/11, wrongly depicting the war in order to make people hate Bush
and people say Bush has a 90- IQ, and how he only made it out of college because of his rich family, and how he didn;t have any reason to go into Iraq, ect.

they make up stuff for political power, and it's always been used, from the Boston Massacre to today
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 3rd, 2005 at 10:06am
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
spill_no_sick:
† foresaken †:
he used both
well you have to use propaganda to brainwash
† Lestat †
Idiot
† Lestat †
June 3rd, 2005 at 10:14am
spill_no_sick:
*Murderdolls*:
like how Michael Moore made Feirhenheit 9/11, wrongly depicting the war in order to make people hate Bush
and people say Bush has a 90- IQ, and how he only made it out of college because of his rich family, and how he didn;t have any reason to go into Iraq, ect.

they make up stuff for political power, and it's always been used, from the Boston Massacre to today

So is it like lying and making things up or sugarcoating things to get people to think the way you want or do the things you want them to?
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
June 3rd, 2005 at 10:16am
spill_no_sick:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
spill_no_sick:
† foresaken †:
he used both
well you have to use propaganda to brainwash
exactly
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 3rd, 2005 at 10:22am
*Murderdolls*:
spill_no_sick:
*Murderdolls*:

So is it like lying and making things up or sugarcoating things to get people to think the way you want or do the things you want them to?
exactly!
the Boston Massacre only six people died, and the shots were fired out of self-defense, so it's a mistake, and clearly not a massacre
but it got that title because the newspaper publishers wanted to get the British out so bad, they made it seem so bad
† Lestat †
Idiot
† Lestat †
June 3rd, 2005 at 10:29am
spill_no_sick:
*Murderdolls*:
spill_no_sick:
*Murderdolls*:

exactly!
the Boston Massacre only six people died, and the shots were fired out of self-defense, so it's a mistake, and clearly not a massacre
but it got that title because the newspaper publishers wanted to get the British out so bad, they made it seem so bad

ahhh ok so i understand, well im not in scholl right now but still learning Smile
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
June 3rd, 2005 at 11:50am
If you want to know what propoganda is and I took notes on it, check out "American Idiot" in the Green Day part of the forum. It has my paper on it and all of that stuff. We're getting into this becase we just read "Animal Farm" and now "Night". So, we studied it and I liked it. Propoganda is pretty much convincing your belief or opinion by telling them overgeneralizations or what not. Example: You see Bush shaking hands with a construction worker. He is not wearing a suit and stuff, but normal peopel clothes. It says, " A better America" on it and stuff. It is sayig that Bush is one of us and understands what normal people are like and stuff. That is propoganda. It is everywhere and gets annoying.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 3rd, 2005 at 11:55am
Whatsername_:
If you want to know what propoganda is and I took notes on it, check out "American Idiot" in the Green Day part of the forum. It has my paper on it and all of that stuff. We're getting into this becase we just read "Animal Farm" and now "Night". So, we studied it and I liked it. Propoganda is pretty much convincing your belief or opinion by telling them overgeneralizations or what not. Example: You see Bush shaking hands with a construction worker. He is not wearing a suit and stuff, but normal peopel clothes. It says, " A better America" on it and stuff. It is sayig that Bush is one of us and understands what normal people are like and stuff. That is propoganda. It is everywhere and gets annoying.
that's not propaganda!
are you crazy?
you've been brainwashed, every president has used campaign stuff like that, you've been brainwshed to think Bush is evil and the only one to ever do it
every political canidate does cheap stuff like that, propaganda would be illagitametally attack their opponent
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 3rd, 2005 at 12:02pm
I think brainwashing and stuff like that is really stupid and crazy
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
June 3rd, 2005 at 10:17pm
well,I hardly heard of any brainwashing nowadays and I hope that's something only happened in the past, yet. propaganda is common is some countries, it'not only common in USA, you can find it in else where esp in those places hv conflicts over some groups in the countries, I think if there are people are wise enough(<--- ah,,, that's rarely some) can free of the influence of propaganda, esp those political things are affecting the life of people, they will take side and influenced by those political bullshit...
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
June 4th, 2005 at 02:06am
spill_no_sick:
Whatsername_:
that's not propaganda!
are you crazy?
you've been brainwashed, every president has used campaign stuff like that, you've been brainwshed to think Bush is evil and the only one to ever do it
every political canidate does cheap stuff like that, propaganda would be illagitametally attack their opponent

That is just one of the forms of propoganda. Ther is:

"I'm like you!"
Appealing to fears
Appealing to desires
Bandwagon
Overgeneralizations

The list goes on, but i don't remember and I don't feel like pulling out my folder untill sunday when I'm going to procrastinate and do my homework. lol
jimmydied2day
Idiot
jimmydied2day
June 4th, 2005 at 05:25am
On the subject of propaganda...

well i generally think it is wrong, i mean, doesn't a nation have a right to know what is going on in their country, especially if they're being encouraged to fight in a war, etc.?

however, effective propaganda in the 2nd world war did so much for Britain, because they were actually on the verge of losing the war, what with the blitz and all....but if Churchill had told em that, morale would have gone down an they would have lost.

so in a way its bad, but it also does so much Confused
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
June 4th, 2005 at 07:53am
American Idiot is propagana but you know whatever....
basketcase17
basketcase17
June 4th, 2005 at 10:16am
spill_no_sick:
I think brainwashing and stuff like that is really stupid and crazy
I suddenely have an urge to hail satan. Shocked

[/b]
Register