Brainwashing and Propaganda

AuthorMessage
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
June 4th, 2005 at 06:56pm
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
American Idiot is propagana but you know whatever....

Yesh it is. Everything is in a way. I like that way of propaganda however. It's opinion wise. Not saying you HAVE to do this or HAVE to do that.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 6th, 2005 at 04:50pm
Whatsername_:
spill_no_sick:
Whatsername_:
If you want to know what propoganda is and I took notes on it, check out "American Idiot" in the Green Day part of the forum. It has my paper on it and all of that stuff. We're getting into this becase we just read "Animal Farm" and now "Night". So, we studied it and I liked it. Propoganda is pretty much convincing your belief or opinion by telling them overgeneralizations or what not. Example: You see Bush shaking hands with a construction worker. He is not wearing a suit and stuff, but normal peopel clothes. It says, " A better America" on it and stuff. It is sayig that Bush is one of us and understands what normal people are like and stuff. That is propoganda. It is everywhere and gets annoying.
that's not propaganda!
are you crazy?
you've been brainwashed, every president has used campaign stuff like that, you've been brainwshed to think Bush is evil and the only one to ever do it
every political canidate does cheap stuff like that, propaganda would be illagitametally attack their opponent

That is just one of the forms of propoganda. Ther is:

"I'm like you!"
Appealing to fears
Appealing to desires
Bandwagon
Overgeneralizations

The list goes on, but i don't remember and I don't feel like pulling out my folder untill sunday when I'm going to procrastinate and do my homework. lol
that's still not propaganda, it's advertisement retard Rolling Eyes
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 6th, 2005 at 05:56pm
They used propaganda when there was that big contraversy between wether that Cuban kid should stay in America or go back to Cuba. All the newspapers and magazines showed the kid being taken from his relatives arms by these soldiers with him crying:
Yet they failed to show the other side of the story, when he was reunited with his father:
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 6th, 2005 at 09:30pm
Anji:
They used propaganda when there was that big contraversy between wether that Cuban kid should stay in America or go back to Cuba. All the newspapers and magazines showed the kid being taken from his relatives arms by these soldiers with him crying:
Yet they failed to show the other side of the story, when he was reunited with his father:
propaganda is telling people to veiw it a certain way so that their opinion's change, and you did the act to get people to agree with you and not be fully informed

what they did was wrong, but after a while they should have filed for citizenship, and there shouldn't have been soliders, true, but that doesn't change the law, there should have been minor punishments on both sides
Comrade182
Comrade182
June 7th, 2005 at 09:21am
it gets kindda boring reading newspapers and having tro filter out the bullshit from the truth!

I've stopped reading the papers and watching the news, sure I don't know whats happening in the world, but at least I'm not being brainwashed into beleiving what the newspaper editors or the government want me to know!

I think thats it's important to know that even though Western civilisation has freedom of speech, Most of what is published in the papers is one sided, either through the editors views or the governement not wanted some things getting out!
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
June 7th, 2005 at 09:27am
Comrade182:
it gets kindda boring reading newspapers and having tro filter out the bullshit from the truth!

I've stopped reading the papers and watching the news, sure I don't know whats happening in the world, but at least I'm not being brainwashed into beleiving what the newspaper editors or the government want me to know!

I think thats it's important to know that even though Western civilisation has freedom of speech, Most of what is published in the papers is one sided, either through the editors views or the governement not wanted some things getting out!

well, you are right, cuz different paper take their side, but i still read news and paper, cuz I need to know what's happen in the world, but now I will try to read as many newspaper as i can, so that i can read to news from different point of view...i don't know if it works but i try not be influenced my own point of view by anyone of the papers
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 7th, 2005 at 09:32am
kueibe:
Comrade182:

well, you are right, cuz different paper take their side, but i still read news and paper, cuz I need to know what's happen in the world, but now I will try to read as many newspaper as i can, so that i can read to news from different point of view...i don't know if it works but i try not be influenced my own point of view by anyone of the papers
I don't know what you all have in Hong Kong, but here we have a guy called Rush Limbaugh who has the most developed and two-sided opinion of anyone

I don't know if you all have some one like that
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
June 7th, 2005 at 09:45am
spill_no_sick:
kueibe:
Comrade182:

I don't know what you all have in Hong Kong, but here we have a guy called Rush Limbaugh who has the most developed and two-sided opinion of anyone

um,,, yey! here paper got some awesome editors, I think they are really cool, they usually don't mislead ppl but guide reader to look at a issue at different points of view, but some are just suck!!!
well, I'm stupid I haven't hear the person you hv mention, where can I read his paper??
Comrade182
Comrade182
June 7th, 2005 at 09:46am
I found a link for that guy here:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 7th, 2005 at 09:50am
kueibe:
spill_no_sick:
kueibe:
Comrade182:

um,,, yey! here paper got some awesome editors, I think they are really cool, they usually don't mislead ppl but guide reader to look at a issue at different points of view, but some are just suck!!!
well, I'm stupid I haven't hear the person you hv mention, where can I read his paper??
he has a radio program in the U.S.
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
June 7th, 2005 at 09:57am
*not offense*
to say the truth I think the editor in Hong Kong are better than Mr Rush Limbaugh, cuz they got more porf and good reasons to support what they said and they got more points of view... yet i haven't read much from Mr Limbaugh, but, to what i've read he's too hackneyed,,, well that's just mine own opinion...
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 7th, 2005 at 09:59am
kueibe:
*not offense*
to say the truth I think the editor in Hong Kong are better than Mr Rush Limbaugh, cuz they got more porf and good reasons to support what they said and they got more points of view... yet i haven't read much from Mr Limbaugh, but, to what i've read he's too hackneyed,,, well that's just mine own opinion...
probably, but what do you expect from the U.S.
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
June 7th, 2005 at 10:06am
spill_no_sick:
kueibe:
*not offense*

hahaha, you mean all U.S. having are creepy guys??well,,, I don't know ...
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 7th, 2005 at 10:18am
kueibe:
spill_no_sick:
kueibe:
*not offense*

hahaha, you mean all U.S. having are creepy guys??well,,, I don't know ...
I mean we're a bunch of bullshitters
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
June 7th, 2005 at 10:20am
you are pessimistic one... are you from U.S.??
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 7th, 2005 at 10:24am
yeah, but my country was founded on propaganda
Comrade182
Comrade182
June 7th, 2005 at 10:25am
kueibe:

I think this could be interseting we have three different people here, all from different countires and kindda ironically two used to be under the UK banner!

Yet we all face the same issues with propaganda and Brain washing from the media and other sources.
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
June 7th, 2005 at 10:30am
Comrade182:
kueibe:

I think this could be interseting we have three different people here, all from different countires and kindda ironically two used to be under the UK banner!

Yet we all face the same issues with propaganda and Brain washing from the media and other sources.

if there are government, political things exist and this phenomenon would continue...it's something will not disappear as long as there are people still take those propaganda and brainwashing...
Automatic man
King For A Couple Of Days
Automatic man
June 7th, 2005 at 06:20pm
spill_no_sick:
*Murderdolls*:
I know what brainwashing is but what is propaganda?
propaganda is political bullshit
like how Michael Moore made Feirhenheit 9/11, wrongly depicting the war in order to make people hate Bush
and people say Bush has a 90- IQ, and how he only made it out of college because of his rich family, and how he didn;t have any reason to go into Iraq, ect.

they make up stuff for political power, and it's always been used, from the Boston Massacre to today

Basically anything that tries to change your opinion is propeganda. Propeganda doesn't have to be false and it doesn't have to be political either. And if you really think they are lies why not backing it up with some facts besides saying so...
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 7th, 2005 at 09:10pm
You have to realize that it's not the propaganda that's changing your mind, it's your gulability that's making it happen.
Register