Brainwashing and Propaganda

AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 7th, 2005 at 11:08pm
Anji:
You have to realize that it's not the propaganda that's changing your mind, it's your gulability that's making it happen.
true, propaganda is simply misleading, and without gulibility, it wouldn't work, but everyone has some level of gulibility
Comrade182
Comrade182
June 8th, 2005 at 08:05am
spill_no_sick:
Anji:
You have to realize that it's not the propaganda that's changing your mind, it's your gulability that's making it happen.
true, propaganda is simply misleading, and without gulibility, it wouldn't work, but everyone has some level of gulibility

So basically this whole thing comes down to the fact that propaganda and Brain washing can only be accomplished if people are guilble (sorry about spelling) towards what is being said. But since there will always be gulibility to some degree than there will always be some kind of propaganda or brain washing to take advantage of it!
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 8th, 2005 at 02:56pm
Comrade182:
spill_no_sick:
Anji:

So basically this whole thing comes down to the fact that propaganda and Brain washing can only be accomplished if people are guilble (sorry about spelling) towards what is being said. But since there will always be gulibility to some degree than there will always be some kind of propaganda or brain washing to take advantage of it!
basically
GREENDAYHOLIDAY
Idiot
GREENDAYHOLIDAY
October 23rd, 2005 at 09:21pm
spill_no_sick:
I think brainwashing and stuff like that is really stupid and crazy

hehehe
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
October 23rd, 2005 at 09:38pm
Oh! Is this kinda how America stole Texas from Mexico? Very Happy Or something of that nature.....
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
October 23rd, 2005 at 09:51pm
GREENDAYHOLIDAY:
spill_no_sick:
I think brainwashing and stuff like that is really stupid and crazy

hehehe

*feels the need to sacrifice*
Ilse
Ilse
October 23rd, 2005 at 10:26pm
How about commercials in general? The average child sees 10,000 commercials promotiong fast food, candy, and sugary cereal.

If a parent is eating every meal with a child every day of the year, they only have 1,095 (1,098 on a leapyear) influences to televisions 10,000. It's not a fair fight.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
October 23rd, 2005 at 10:35pm
Pfft. Brainwashing is fake. It's just another thing made up by the alien-hippy cult to make us change our ways and live their lifestyle so they can use us to help them take over the world. Don't believe it! The alien-hippy cult will win! We can't let that happen! Don't let them trick you! Don't go into the light! I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is actually butter! The hippies made it! They're out to get you and make you fat!

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
Okay, so this isn't original. But it was still cool. =)
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 26th, 2005 at 07:09pm
it's really gay
"Presdent Bush has the army sent to kill New Orleans" "Why hasn't President Bush sent the army to New Orleans?"

you all are retarded for falling for this shit
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
October 29th, 2005 at 01:56pm
The whole New Orleans deal was a crock on both sides. The conservatives all said their trademark line, "Let's all get behind the president, he needs our support!" The liberals all said, "Well, Bush is being racist in his relief efforts!"

I said, "Fuck you all!" I don't really know a hell of a lot about the media coverage of New Orleans (not having cable TV or a NYT subscription blows), but what I did see was weird and biased on both sides. I don't believe that Bush was on the ball for New Orleans, and FEMA certainly didn't do its job very well, but you can't say that The Man was trying to squeeze the black man here. The race card got played too much in all, and turned the whole thing into a giant, free-for-all political farce.
LordsOfDogTown<5
King For A Couple Of Days
LordsOfDogTown<5
May 27th, 2006 at 12:06am
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=6E93014D46CFA4B6

it;s all brainwash.
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
May 27th, 2006 at 12:59pm
They're both pretty common these days. Especially in the United States. It's pathetic how people will go to such measures to get votes or get people to dislike someone they don't like. It happens all the time to poor Bush. I mean, I'm not a huge Bush fan, but people need to cut the crap and give the guy a break. I wish people would just let everyone have their own opinions and tell the truth about things.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 27th, 2006 at 01:15pm
ixlovexbilliexjoe:
They're both pretty common these days. Especially in the United States. It's pathetic how people will go to such measures to get votes or get people to dislike someone they don't like. It happens all the time to poor Bush. I mean, I'm not a huge Bush fan, but people need to cut the crap and give the guy a break. I wish people would just let everyone have their own opinions and tell the truth about things.

I agree. Hes going the best he can and believe it or not...hes not doing that bad of a job.

People are too lazy to gather information so they just jump on the bandwagon with everyone who says they hate Bush.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 27th, 2006 at 01:21pm
Fuck_America:
ixlovexbilliexjoe:

I agree. Hes going the best he can and believe it or not...hes not doing that bad of a job.

People are too lazy to gather information so they just jump on the bandwagon with everyone who says they hate Bush.
Thats why we are in Iraq looking for nuclear weapons that don't exist.
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
May 27th, 2006 at 01:31pm
Fuck_America:
ixlovexbilliexjoe:

That's so true. I know people will probably say I'm crazy for this, but I think Bush is doing a pretty good job too. People say other Presidents were better, but Bush has had all kinds of shit dumped on him that most of them didn't have. He's doing the best he can, like you said, and people need to quit blaming him for every little problem in the world.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
May 28th, 2006 at 05:21pm
spill_no_sick:
brainwashing isn't all too common, but it can take a toll...

and propaganda is all too common, especially in the good ol' U.S.A.
examples-Michael Moore, Boston Massacre, Thomas Jefferson's campaign

well, talk about things now that you think are propaganda or brainwashing

DAMN I TOTALLY AGREE! I thought was going to be a bullshit thread but it's not.
Impersonator
Geek
Impersonator

Mibba
May 28th, 2006 at 07:21pm
I really hate how the american media can brainwash the youth of america in such extreme ways, it sickens me.
Kitti
Kitti
May 28th, 2006 at 09:23pm
Tessie Cool:
I really hate how the american media can brainwash the youth of america in such extreme ways, it sickens me.

I really hate how America's youth allow themselves to be brainwashed and become so saturated in the media that the have no opinions of their own.
It sickens me.
castaway.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
castaway.
May 29th, 2006 at 10:02am
All this talk of brainwashing the youth and everything is true. But there are MANY youths who don't go for it at all. So it's a mixture. Not all American kids are like that,the ones in my school aren't.

I agree with the 'I Hate Bush bandwagon'. xD Honestly,I would've voted for him. Why? Because my family did and a bunch of other Kurdish people were,and they're home country is part of Iraq. So I got on that bandwagon,and then switched for an 'i hate him' for awhile. Now though,I actually research on them. >_>
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
May 29th, 2006 at 10:32am
that's still not propaganda, it's advertisement retard Rolling Eyes

That Is Propaganda Retard

propaganda

n : information that is spread for the purpose of promoting some cause

That is spread for the cause of getting George Bush elected, giving people the infomation that he does this that and the other, portraying him to be a good person.

Another example was in wartime. British newspapers promoted the idea that the Britsh were winning for example and made them out to be heroes. Dunkirk for example was a great loss for British troops, but propaganda raised morale in Britain by saying they were great for escaping.

An example of where propaganda may be seen as "Bad" use is where Hitler sent out movies depicting how Germans were the master race.

Propaganda is every piece of media you have ever read, hell even word of mouth in Proaganda. Its everywhere, be intelligent and make up your own ind after reviewing what you hear.
Register