Political correctness

AuthorMessage
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 18th, 2005 at 07:50am
political correctness is bollocks and i don't care how un-PC i am ....
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 18th, 2005 at 11:34am
it was like when everyone had england flags on their cars during Euro 2004. and people where saying that was politically incorrect.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 18th, 2005 at 11:36am
paradoxical:
i wanna know when "lefty" as in liberal/left wing became an insult!
MARS, bitches! <--for the sake of the thread...lol

haha, who used it as an insult? just call them a Nazi Wink .
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 18th, 2005 at 12:22pm
Dom:
paradoxical:
i wanna know when "lefty" as in liberal/left wing became an insult!
MARS, bitches! <--for the sake of the thread...lol

haha, who used it as an insult? just call them a Nazi Wink .

people have decided at my school that 'jew' is now an insult....I fucking hate people using that.....
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
August 18th, 2005 at 08:39pm
I personally think that being polite is a good thing though. I'm not gonna go around swearing and stuff (well yeah i do but in appropriate places not just for the sake of it) infront of any old person coz it's just rude and it makes you look inconsiderate, arrogant, yobbish and it's just what people have come to expect from the youth of today.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 19th, 2005 at 01:42pm
i don't think free speech is really around anymore.
anything you say can possibly offend someone.
but if we keep trying to make sure NO ONE get offended by ANYTHING,
we'll be living in a plastic bubble where the government has to approve every word we say.
WriteMeOff
Geek
WriteMeOff
August 19th, 2005 at 07:23pm
At my school whenever I say something about a black person (nothing mean, just refrences) everyone gasps and calls me racist. Because I said black. They think it should be 'african american'. As a person who once went to school in what is considered the 'black neighborhood' around here and being practically the only white person there I think I am less likely to be racist then people at a small town farming school that has one mixed person. This kind of turned into a rant but it pisses me off that everyone calls me racist because I call black people black people. I call myself a white person! Because I am! All the black friends I have ever had called themselves black, so why cant I?
Toastboy
Jackass
Toastboy
August 19th, 2005 at 08:44pm
i hate the way peop;le tell u not to swear, i mean say fuck if u fucking want to, i mean my mum just sed to me "i dont like that song turn it down" (shes in the same room) coz it sed fuck in it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 20th, 2005 at 12:35am
smooth dude39:
i hate the way peop;le tell u not to swear, i mean say fuck if u fucking want to, i mean my mum just sed to me "i dont like that song turn it down" (shes in the same room) coz it sed fuck in it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

see, i don't mind a censored album, as long as there are uncensored albums available for sale.
personally, i don't ever buy an edited album, because you're not hearing the song the way the artist intended it to be heard.
i HATE censorship in general though, you know how people freak out when there's something that THEY consider 'inappropriate'.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
August 20th, 2005 at 12:36am
i hate it. i mean REALLY hate it!
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 20th, 2005 at 12:42am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
i hate it. i mean REALLY hate it!

you hate censorship?
FlunkieStargazer711
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
FlunkieStargazer711
August 20th, 2005 at 02:13am
i hate censorship too.....fuck censorship!.....they have no right to decide wat is ok for everyone else to listen to...where do they get a right?...i dont want ppl telling me what words i hear..because if i let them do that, then whats the next thing theyll want to take away from me....my books?....my movies?.....it would never end if they started.....anyone ever read Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury?...its really scary, especially if you onsider it was written about now....
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 20th, 2005 at 02:19am
FlunkieStargazer711:
i hate censorship too.....fuck censorship!.....they have no right to decide wat is ok for everyone else to listen to...where do they get a right?...i dont want ppl telling me what words i hear..because if i let them do that, then whats the next thing theyll want to take away from me....my books?....my movies?.....it would never end if they started.....anyone ever read Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury?...its really scary, especially if you onsider it was written about now....

yeah, people deciding what books i read and what movies i can see DOES scare me. a LOT.
but i don't want my little brother and sister to be able to pick up a record and hear words that REALLY aren't for them.
CENSORSHIP does suck. but i do not hate editing certain things out, to an extent.
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
August 20th, 2005 at 05:32am
duck tape:
i think that nobody should have a say in what people say. like if that is how the person feals and they feal like they need to express them selfs then let do it i dont like it when i have to be held back on saying something b/c of hte effect i hate george bush i dont think he is a good pres. and nobody can do nethinz about it
i dont like the color purple (not the movie) the government sucks and it has bad judgement

so it's okay whenever? if i wanted to walk up to a group of black people and call them stupid n****rs it'd be okay? no i think not...there does need to be a limit as to what you can say. i think about comedians....they suck...it is not funny when they make fun of a race or sexuality...that's just psychotic. umm..not being able to call your shop that....is ridiculous...religions have no right to complain about anything....the end. but the comedians being able to say literally ANYTHING about anyone/anything and have people laugh about it...is wrong...if you were to go on and make some joke about how george bush looks like a monkey.....yes that's funny...and okay....but expect people to get offended.....im sure a comedian gets nasty letters for saying stuff like that, so be prepared to have people say something to you.....if you can speak your mind.....so can other people.......but still there should be some limit as to what you can and cannot say......if you want to use a word like fuck...or shit or cunt...go ahead....but if you have the free speech to say those words....others can have the same to say that what you are saying is wrong.now im just rambling....basically...you should be allowed to say stuff...even if it offends people....but know that they can do the same...and that they can say something to you about whatever you said.....however there should be limits as to what you can say.....things that are racist or prejudice. im done rambling now
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
August 20th, 2005 at 05:34am
Furi:
At my school whenever I say something about a black person (nothing mean, just refrences) everyone gasps and calls me racist. Because I said black. They think it should be 'african american'. As a person who once went to school in what is considered the 'black neighborhood' around here and being practically the only white person there I think I am less likely to be racist then people at a small town farming school that has one mixed person. This kind of turned into a rant but it pisses me off that everyone calls me racist because I call black people black people. I call myself a white person! Because I am! All the black friends I have ever had called themselves black, so why cant I?

right.... Smile if it was the 'N' word..that'd be different....nobodoy no matter what race should be able to say that...or anything else that is actually racist.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 20th, 2005 at 05:43am
it shouldn't be the government's job to make sure MY feelings don't get hurt.
if something someone says offends you, it is NOT the government's fault.
why the hell is there some group of people that I don't know and you don't know out there deciding what is right and wrong?
yeah, i can understand why you wouldn't want a group of seven year olds to pick up an eminem record and hear all that cursing, but why shouldn't a responsible, mature eighteen year old be able to listen to the same lyrics without editing?
WE need to decide what's good for each of us, and parents need to decide for their children.
Kitti
Kitti
August 22nd, 2005 at 06:34pm
the problem is that the government likes to micromanage and totally misses the bigger picture. they like to tell us what we can say and what we can do to our bodies and all that, but they dont help where help is needed, i e gas, taxes, poverty, this goddamn war...they need to stfu and LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE, and their profanity, if necessary.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 22nd, 2005 at 06:36pm
government is odd.
WE should be the government.
from what i've read,
most of us have the right idea.
Kitti
Kitti
August 22nd, 2005 at 06:40pm
yeah i know...poor stupid bureaucratic bastards...
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 22nd, 2005 at 06:43pm
they try.
they're just not as smart as we are.
Register