Global warming

AuthorMessage
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
December 20th, 2008 at 12:34am
I really don't know. Global Warming feels more like a cycle like the Ice Age or something. I'm pretty sure alot of this stuff is exaggerated.

The donating to a special charity place or soemthing like that is kind of stupid too. Like seriously what have they done with all that money ? Plant a tree ?
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
December 20th, 2008 at 07:08am
Seven Nation Army:
I really don't know. Global Warming feels more like a cycle like the Ice Age or something. I'm pretty sure alot of this stuff is exaggerated.

The donating to a special charity place or soemthing like that is kind of stupid too. Like seriously what have they done with all that money ? Plant a tree ?
funding for production of eco-friendly products and cars, building clean power plants [such as geothermal or hydro]
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
December 20th, 2008 at 01:30pm
Bleach:
[the united states realeases billions [like, 20-30 billion] tons of CO2 each day. china has a little less. The amount of CO2 that needs to be in the air to rise temperature. less than .1% of the air needs to be like this.

and it's not narcissism. and how is science ignorant? It's probably the most accurate form of knowledge.

There is no proof that Co2 emissions cause global warning. It's just a theory, and one that resent research is casting a lot of doubt on.

And I never said science was ignorant, -I'm actually a science student- reread my original post, it said "ignorance about how science works".
To put it another way, isn't it interesting the way politicians with no scientific knowledge are mainly the ones dressing up this "Co2 is causing global warming" theory as fact?
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
December 20th, 2008 at 03:50pm
Bleach:
Seven Nation Army:

funding for production of eco-friendly products and cars, building clean power plants [such as geothermal or hydro]

I've never seen any of those things used before :/
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
December 22nd, 2008 at 11:03pm
Incubus:
Bleach:
[the united states realeases billions [like, 20-30 billion] tons of CO2 each day. china has a little less. The amount of CO2 that needs to be in the air to rise temperature. less than .1% of the air needs to be like this.

and it's not narcissism. and how is science ignorant? It's probably the most accurate form of knowledge.

There is no proof that Co2 emissions cause global warning. It's just a theory, and one that resent research is casting a lot of doubt on.

And I never said science was ignorant, -I'm actually a science student- reread my original post, it said "ignorance about how science works".
To put it another way, isn't it interesting the way politicians with no scientific knowledge are mainly the ones dressing up this "Co2 is causing global warming" theory as fact?
oh yeah, and what is your proof against this proof?

k
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
December 23rd, 2008 at 09:48am
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
December 23rd, 2008 at 01:09pm
Well, there is no scientific proof there. there is no experiment, or reasoning behind any of those articles. In the first article, they're saying how everyone is thinking that we are the sole cause for global warming, when most people don't think that. andd they say that CO2 is a man-made gas. it absolutely isn't. there is a direct link between the amount of CO2 and temperature, and there is much proof and countless experiments to do this.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
December 23rd, 2008 at 01:35pm
Bleach:
Well, there is no scientific proof there. there is no experiment, or reasoning behind any of those articles. In the first article, they're saying how everyone is thinking that we are the sole cause for global warming, when most people don't think that. andd they say that CO2 is a man-made gas. it absolutely isn't. there is a direct link between the amount of CO2 and temperature, and there is much proof and countless experiments to do this.

There is no real scientific proof to either prove or disprove the Co2 theory, that's what I've been trying to say all along. To actually prove that Co2 causes global warming there would have to be a control; there would need to be a life sized replica of earth, complete with the exact same atmosphere and containing every organism minus humans. This control earth would then have to be studied for the exact same amount of time that the original earth has been in existence. Only then would there be any conclusive evidence to support either theory.

Also you only mention the first article in your reply, did you not read the rest fully? I for one particularly like the chart which illustrates that the earth’s temperature has been much higher in the past 3000 years than it is currently, because news flash the earth’s temperature rises and falls without any help from it inhabitants. It's a natural process.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
December 23rd, 2008 at 10:17pm
You're not a scientist, so you cannot say for sure that there needs to be a constant. If this were true, scientists would be definatley be reconsidering this fact. There is already a constant carbon cycle, with any life or not, so theres no reason to include any organism in that constant. organisms take up space, but they [most likely] keep the carbon cycle as balanced as it would by without them. The earth has gone through drastic changes. duh. I never said it didn't. And news flash, if that graph was actually true, it would be fact, and scientists would show this fact, absolutely. There have been so many links between CO2 levels and temperature. And so much proof, and so many experiements and tests done. One of those examples is the Mauna Loa experiement. The CO2 levels are sharply increasing, and so are temperatures, and much more noticeable than normal. and humans ARE dumping enormous amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere.At least on our planet, CO2 is a gas that traps in heatwaves. a greenhouse gas. Do you think that methane or water are the culprits? There definatley needs to be something there to change the temperature of the planet. it doesn't 'just happen' it can happen depending on the axis tilt of the earth, or the aphelion or the paraphelion, but those change within 40,000 year shifts.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
December 24th, 2008 at 06:12am
I’m not a scientist yet, I am however studying Bioscience, and the Scientific method is one of the first things you learn. In fact they teach it in high schools (in Ireland at least). It’s a basic fact; there needs to be a control. Otherwise it is not possible to determine if the conclusions you are making are accurate.
That’s one of the real atrocities of this theory; that people do not realise that it is only a theory. For so many years now it has been drilled into people’s heads that Co2 causes global warming that they simply cannot phantom that it’s all just a theory. And a theory that doesn’t hold up when faced with logic.
The greenhouse effect does not and cannot cause the rises in temperature that it’s being accused off. The only thing that could possibly do that is the most obvious thing of all: the sun. The sun's activity has been blocking a lot of the cosmic rays directed at the inner solar system in recent years, which has led to the Earth cooling. But now as the sun's activity is changing and more and more of these warming cosmic rays are making their way to Earth, slowly warming the atmosphere. This is a totally natural occurrence. Solar activity like this has been changing the climate since the Earth was born, and in much more drastic ways than this little climate shift.
The only real 'evidence' the scientists supporting the man made global warming hypothesis have is ice core samples. They dig up undisturbed columns of ice in Greenland which contain dissolved CO2. By measuring the amount of CO2 in the ice column at different depths they can plot a graph of amount of CO2 in the atmosphere against time, dating back millions of years. When comparing this graph against a graph showing how average world temperature has also changed over millions of years they say that as CO2 levels rise or fall the average world temperature follows. But it is fact the other way round. CO2 levels rise following a rise in temperature and vice versa. The relatively small amount of CO2 man is putting into the atmosphere will have very little affect on the climate, especially when it is being dwarfed by the mighty sun.

It's crystal clear that the modern myth surrounding global warming is nothing more than just another lie spun by the government elite and the global MSM. I'm not saying my side of the argument have all of the answers, but they certainly make a hell of a lot more sense than fear mongering, moronic, self important bobble heads like Al Gore ever will.

In the end, manmade global warming is just used a vice to keep under developed countries in the gutter, and a means for new expansions of government power and control. It's not just in America, but within all world super powers. Of course throngs of government scientists will agree with these outlandish theories, just who do you think signs off on their pay checks? In the end, it's nothing short of eco-terrorism.
I_Eat_Pancakes
Falling In Love With The Board
I_Eat_Pancakes
May 22nd, 2009 at 07:45pm
sorry if i'm being an arse and not reading all the posts above,

I really hate how the media concentrate on CO2 being the culprit of global warming, i mean i can understand it's the one gas we are most able to control release of but I mean it's not as bad as methane? (least that was what my biology book said)
I'm not shunning the CO2 thing altogether, just would like the tabloid readers to understand that we're tackling that because it's the easiest to control.. y'know?
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 23rd, 2009 at 08:32am
yeahm methane is much worse than CO2. But I think the damage is mainly being done from the CO2, since there is so much of it. But I also heard that 25% of all greenhouse emissions come from cows, pigs, etc.
I_Eat_Pancakes
Falling In Love With The Board
I_Eat_Pancakes
May 23rd, 2009 at 11:15am
and termites... those burpy/farty little machines xD
Register