Types of love

AuthorMessage
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
King For A Couple Of Days
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
September 27th, 2005 at 12:39am
when a lot of ppl say "i love you" they dont even know what the fuck love is. they just say it to sound convincing, or just because it sounds better than saying "i really really like you". my friends so-called boyfriend says he loves her. i think its bullshit cause theyre only like 12, so i doubt they know what is actually love.
SherryCQ
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SherryCQ
October 5th, 2005 at 02:26am
Can someone please explain to me why love is worshiped by so many and what makes it different from any other overpowering emotion?

I think I can tell you a part of it, Snoo. Bear with me because I'm about to tell a story.

I'm known for not romantically liking any guys in any of the schools I've been to. Yet when I got to high school, I got drawn to one guy I knew. I never talked about him, and I never acted differently around him, but around the second quarter one of my classmates asked if I thought he was hot. I just said, "WHAT?!" Later on one of my friends asked if I liked him. I told her that yeah, I liked him as a friend. Then I asked her why. She said that she didn't know--she just had this feeling. I decided to answer VERY cautiously that MAYBE I liked him as a crush. Then, for some reason, yet ANOTHER of my classmates asked if I liked the guy I told her, "Well, ____'s my friend too, and she sits at his table."

All in all, three people have asked if I like one particular guy. It's not the number of people that matters--it's why and how often, and most importantly the guy they've asked me about that leaves an impression.

He's moved to another school. For some reason, instead of my crush fading like with other guys, I keep wondering if it was just because of the school that he wanted to leave. I wonder what he thought about me in freshman year. I wonder what he'd think about my present haircut. And sometimes, when I'm feeling REALLY melodramatic, I wonder what would have happened if I'd just went up and hugged him one day last year.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Snoo, what makes love different from other emotions is that it affects more than your own life. It affects your boy/girlfriend, friends, family, sometimes people you work with. Love will always be noticed because even if you don't realize it, others will because they 'have this feeling' or they 'just know it.' Love is when you get affected by someone and when you look back, you realize you meant it. It may not be a strong feeling, but at least it's sincere. Love is one of the few things that you don't have to actively show to be noticed. "The world may not mean anything to you, but you may mean the world to someone else." I can't remember where I saw this, but it's quite true with love.

In one of the shows I watch, the main character ran into a burning building and said to the other character, "You have to keep going, even if it's just for me!" That is selfish, but you could tell that he meant it. He DID want the person to keep on living for any reason at all. He was probably ready to let himself get burned alive if worst came to worst.

I think I've lost track of something, but that's my opinion on love. It's bolded so you can see it easier. The rest of it just supports my opinion.
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
October 5th, 2005 at 04:35pm
....Love....

............BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

H-F-P-R
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
October 6th, 2005 at 12:22am
i have a lot of sappy friends that say 'I love you heaps' to each other all the time.
utter bullshit. they'd butt heads over something as stupid as a guy in the bat of an eyelash.
i dunno, i'm a cynic. you don't get a lot of positive energy from me. some days i don't think love is enough for anything anymore.
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend
Geek
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend
October 6th, 2005 at 07:44pm
i hate people who talk like that. i love u but im going to dump u in a week. its not love and those words should be used only when there is love.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
October 8th, 2005 at 10:10am
Havoc_Worlds:
I think if your 14 or younger you are to young to be in love...pupy love like i like him and he/she likes me yea that typical...but real love....no way 11 year olds are gonna experince that feeling so soon!

You cant put an age on love. I mean sure, there are people who are young, say they are in love, but that is only because they want to imitate older people. I'm 14, and I know I was in love. Sure you might think that I am too young, but I was in love with him, and there was no doubt about that. Everytime I was with him, I just felt differently. I dont know how to explain it, because I just cant express my emotions, but I was in love, and you cant put an age on love. I mean sure, they can be too young to understand, but there is a difference between understanding love and being in love.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 8th, 2005 at 10:11am
I love the idea of being in love...
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
October 10th, 2005 at 02:59pm
I'm in love but it's forbidden love.....I hate that...i hated him theb i realised i loved him......no inbetween
Gem
Jackass
Gem
October 10th, 2005 at 05:27pm
~Pinky Proctor~:
I'm in love but it's forbidden love.....I hate that...i hated him theb i realised i loved him......no inbetween

Exactly!

I hated Chris at first, then we became mates, then we finally went out. He took my virginity and ended it cos we went to fast. But i still loved him. Over the next couple of months we were mates but nowhere near as close and i still loved him. Then he broke up with his gf and came straight back to me and although i knew i was gonna get hurt again i loved him so did it anyway...
Now we're in college, we are really good mates and i'v met someone else who is THE first person to make me forget i ever saw Chris in that way which was a huge surprise! Now Chris even gives me advice. I guess a part of me will always love him but not in that way anymore..
Bottom line? Doesn't matter how old you are. Depends on the person and the heart Very Happy
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
October 11th, 2005 at 11:39am
Gem:
Doesn't matter how old you are. Depends on the person and the heart Very Happy

i agree Very Happy
Gem
Jackass
Gem
October 11th, 2005 at 04:14pm
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
Gem:
Doesn't matter how old you are. Depends on the person and the heart Very Happy

i agree Very Happy

Cos ur a smart person Very Happy
Miss Misfit
Geek
Miss Misfit
July 29th, 2006 at 12:05pm
it seems like to me, everytime my friends/girls in my school/class get a boyfriend they are aotomatically in love with them.
I dont think thats possible, Love takes time.

its like one day the will be dating "John" and they say love "john" but then they break up with "John" and go out with "Jimmy" and they say the love him. You cant just fall in love with someone that quick, you cant be in love with a person as soon as you are in a relshionship with them.
It doesnt make any sence to me why they say that...
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
July 29th, 2006 at 01:36pm
Miss Misfit:
it seems like to me, everytime my friends/girls in my school/class get a boyfriend they are aotomatically in love with them.
I dont think thats possible, Love takes time.

its like one day the will be dating "John" and they say love "john" but then they break up with "John" and go out with "Jimmy" and they say the love him. You cant just fall in love with someone that quick, you cant be in love with a person as soon as you are in a relshionship with them.
It doesnt make any sence to me why they say that...

Probably because they think they are in love but they're most likely mistaking love for lust.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 29th, 2006 at 02:08pm
love isnt somthing that comes quickly, i knew that when i met my husband for the first time he was the man that i wanted, i grew to love him and now i love him more than ever, because he has given ,me my kids.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 29th, 2006 at 05:03pm
Lucifers Angel:
love isnt somthing that comes quickly, i knew that when i met my husband for the first time he was the man that i wanted, i grew to love him and now i love him more than ever, because he has given ,me my kids.

Sweet! Very Happy

I think like that, you may know it's the right person and you can fall in love. But you don't really 'love' someone when you first met him.
In most cases.
DirntyGirl101
Geek
DirntyGirl101
July 29th, 2006 at 06:33pm
i love my botfriend and he loves me, wen u fall in love you know, it a long process. my ghetto cousin says she loves her boyfriends and her relationships last like 2 weeks. it took my boyfriend and i about 2 and a half months 2 say we love each other.
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here
July 29th, 2006 at 10:44pm
DirntyGirl101:
i love my botfriend and he loves me, wen u fall in love you know, it a long process. my ghetto cousin says she loves her boyfriends and her relationships last like 2 weeks. it took my boyfriend and i about 2 and a half months 2 say we love each other.
My boyfriend and I have been dating officially for over a month and still haven't said "I love you" and I think that just makes it all the more special.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 29th, 2006 at 10:51pm
l0stNc0nfused38:
DirntyGirl101:
My boyfriend and I have been dating officially for over a month and still haven't said "I love you" and I think that just makes it all the more special.
Took my brother a year to say i love you to his now wife .-.
Kirsty1138
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Kirsty1138
July 30th, 2006 at 08:38am
I dont believe love is always just a matter of time, I have seen it happen instantly between people.

However like a lot of people on these boards etc...it certaintly isn't with every boy/girl friend that people have, nor between all the 11 year olds who should really still be playing with Barbie
December Cynic
Geek
December Cynic

Mibba Blog
July 30th, 2006 at 02:44pm
I only say 'I love you' if I mean it.

Otherwise I'm as stubborn as a Stallion >.<
Register