Divorce

AuthorMessage
Natalie.
Idiot
Natalie.
September 17th, 2005 at 03:45am
Basket*Case:
People need to be more careful but I think that people fall out of love all the time.

agreed
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
September 17th, 2005 at 04:14am
i should worship my parents, they've had such a bumpy ride but they're still holding it together

yes, i think some people should act more responsibly when it comes to marriage, esp when they have kids together. i also think that people can change drastically over time and sometimes their differences can't be resolved. i can understand why they want to be separated.

i just feel bad for the kids who have to suffer through it
franzi
Falling In Love With The Board
franzi
September 19th, 2005 at 01:06pm
jesus christ. my parents divorce completely fucked up my life. and i mean its so fucking selfish that they start dating and such. do they ever stop the fucking think what their kids feel? no. not one fucking time. their kids could be completely fucked and yet they date other people. i just dont get how one could possibly think that everything is ok.
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
September 20th, 2005 at 01:06pm
jimmy <3:
jesus christ. my parents divorce completely fucked up my life. and i mean its so fucking selfish that they start dating and such. do they ever stop the fucking think what their kids feel? no. not one fucking time. their kids could be completely fucked and yet they date other people. i just dont get how one could possibly think that everything is ok.
Shocked

I feel really sorry for you.. Crying or Very sad
Condoms Are For Sailors
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Condoms Are For Sailors
September 20th, 2005 at 10:05pm
My parents just recently got divorced last Novemeber. Yeah, I know you guys are like, "Well shit, that isn't long." Everything else that went on was torture enough to feel like divorce. My parents were constantly fighting. My father abused me to no end and my mother didn't do fuck about it. She was a work-a-holic, which she still is. I never had the voice to tell my mom, which was a mistake, for the punishments from my father just got worse. Anyway, once I finally did, I learned that love fucking sucks. You can't just go out and marry someone because you think it'll get you away from it all. Make sure you love that fucking person..and probably give out good sex, xD. But in all honesty, it's just stupid how people think that one person will take them away, before they even get to know them. So, don't be a dumb ass!

-Shannon

"I can suck my own!"
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
September 20th, 2005 at 11:13pm
jimmy <3:

to me it sounds like YOU'RE the selfish one, not you're parents. you want to be the center of their lives and you just wont let them move on with their lives to try to be happy again. you say they dont stop to think about their kids. well, i say you dont stop to think about your parents.

what does you're kid being "fucked" have to do with dating other people? i dont get it...

i dont see why people make such a big deal out of divorce. i mean, if you're parents are unhappy together, there probably wasnt a really close knit happy family that was broken apart, ya know? and some people NEED to be divorced. like people who are stuck in abusive realtionships and shit like that.
franzi
franzi
September 21st, 2005 at 02:50pm
^one person would sacrifice the happiness of 5 kids for theirs.. sorry thats selfish. then not caring whatsoever if their children are emotionally torn apart.. which i know all my siblings are.. that to me is selfish.
franzi
franzi
September 21st, 2005 at 02:50pm
and we all have different situations.. right? right.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
September 21st, 2005 at 07:36pm
jimmy <3:
^one person would sacrifice the happiness of 5 kids for theirs.. sorry thats selfish. then not caring whatsoever if their children are emotionally torn apart.. which i know all my siblings are.. that to me is selfish.

i can kinda see both sides. but i still say you're being just as selfish as she is. why would your mom dating tear you apart emotionally? that makes no sense to me...
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
September 21st, 2005 at 09:04pm
This is what i have to say on divorce: i think it's fucked up. people need to do it right the first time instead of getting married when they are not 100% sure about it. blaming divorce on "we have changed" and such is stupid. that just means you weren't sure enough when you did it.. another thing that pisses me off is when people say "...for my first marriage..." and such. it's like they are planning on getting divorced. that's just fucked up. i want to do it right the first and only time i get married. that's why it's a good idea to wait until you are ready. all these people getting married before they even turn like.. 23 or something.. that's so young. wait until you know you are ready and have found the person you know is the one for you. alright so i blab about this subject a bit... i'm just very passionate about it i guess.. but that's my view..
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
September 22nd, 2005 at 08:57pm
GreenDayIsBetter:
This is what i have to say on divorce: i think it's fucked up. people need to do it right the first time instead of getting married when they are not 100% sure about it. blaming divorce on "we have changed" and such is stupid. that just means you weren't sure enough when you did it.. another thing that pisses me off is when people say "...for my first marriage..." and such. it's like they are planning on getting divorced. that's just fucked up. i want to do it right the first and only time i get married. that's why it's a good idea to wait until you are ready. all these people getting married before they even turn like.. 23 or something.. that's so young. wait until you know you are ready and have found the person you know is the one for you. alright so i blab about this subject a bit... i'm just very passionate about it i guess.. but that's my view..

just out of curiosity, are you religious?
Revenge_o
Geek
Revenge_o
September 23rd, 2005 at 05:01am
what i don't get is how parents can just go on about it as if it were nothing as if it were a game... i mean we are on the proses of moving and there are two little kids at home, each dinner time is hell, start yelling at each other and shit... they obviously know what the consequences are with the kiddos, but the things that they do is just. wrong. we are still under the same roof and they are seing other ppl already. i agree with some of the ppl here, they should wait until they are sure and when they actually know the person much better and when they KNOW that this shit is not a game or a matter of whos better or who is not.
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
September 23rd, 2005 at 05:11am
my parents spilt when i was 3, my mom remarried .. then divorced a day before my birthday in 2002.. the weird thing is.. she was married to my dad for 7 years.. then married to my step dad for 7 years..
franzi
franzi
September 23rd, 2005 at 08:54am
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
jimmy <3:

i can kinda see both sides. but i still say you're being just as selfish as she is. why would your mom dating tear you apart emotionally? that makes no sense to me...

are your parentals divorced?
Chinese_Chicken_Salad
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Chinese_Chicken_Salad
September 24th, 2005 at 03:29pm
hi again:
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
jimmy <3:

well, my parents are still together, but if my mom started dating, i know she wouldn't pay as much attention to me and it would hurt me cause we are like best friends. Idk, i see what you mean, but then again...
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
September 24th, 2005 at 09:33pm
hi again:
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
jimmy <3:

yes, actually. my parents got divorced when i was 7 or 8 and my mom got remarried and my dad died of cancer when i was 11. the only thing that bothers me about my mom being remarried is when my step dad trys to parent me. i just tell him "you're not my dad, shut up" and leave. but other than that, the fact that she's remarried doesnt bother me.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
September 24th, 2005 at 09:47pm
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
hi again:
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
jimmy <3:

yes, actually. my parents got divorced when i was 7 or 8 and my mom got remarried and my dad died of cancer when i was 11. the only thing that bothers me about my mom being remarried is when my step dad trys to parent me. i just tell him "you're not my dad, shut up" and leave. but other than that, the fact that she's remarried doesnt bother me.
Thats sorta mean. I know I know nothing about parents being divorced and having step father or anything, but I think he's just trying to do right for you.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
September 24th, 2005 at 09:56pm
Sheepo@_@:
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
hi again:
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
jimmy <3:

Thats sorta mean. I know I know nothing about parents being divorced and having step father or anything, but I think he's just trying to do right for you.

it's only really annoying when he's yelling about my life and how i know nothing about anything and just basically yelling at me because my mom is. not because he actually has anything to say. just cuz she is...
banquo
Geek
banquo

Mibba
November 5th, 2005 at 12:59am
that really sucks.my parents are divorced too. theyve been divorced since i was like three. i dont really remember most of it. its like one of those mental blocks you get when bad stuff happens.for the most part i dont remember anything until about fourth grade. the only things i remember about the divorce was i had to go to counseling and my mom wouldnt let me call my dad. now i live with my dad and stepmom, which is where i want to live. im kind of scared though because were going to court in a few weeks and my mom might make me leave again.
i feel bad for you. that sucks.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
November 5th, 2005 at 01:12am
people make a much bigger deal out of divorce than it actually is.
Register