Advice For New Drummers?

AuthorMessage
Letterbombed
Falling In Love With The Board
Letterbombed
July 4th, 2005 at 10:35pm
umm...try blink 182. because thats really hard...for when you get to a point that everything gets simple. like my drummer
Nimrod_203
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Nimrod_203
July 4th, 2005 at 10:41pm
im a gurl drummer. so fuck the person who said that gurl drummers suck. lessons are good, depending on if the teacher knows what theyre on about. cos come on, some just dont ave a fucking clue. jus fool around a bit first, an try an hit certain cymbals an drums together, an try to make it sound in time. helped me. im grade 9-10 atm. stil workin tho =D xXx good luck
Basketcase463
King For A Couple Of Days
Basketcase463
July 4th, 2005 at 10:43pm
yeah my cousins an asshole his freind is too, his friend goes:
"you suck but youll never get good, because girl drummers always suck."
i was like you suck
and he said its cuz he "doesnt try but could be good if he wanted too"
well.durr__hXc™
well.durr__hXc™
July 4th, 2005 at 10:47pm
Basketcase463:
yeah my cousins an asshole his freind is too, his friend goes
i was like you suck
well ur cousin sux! I'm a drummer tooVery Happy
Basketcase463
Basketcase463
July 4th, 2005 at 10:49pm
he said tre sucks too... that makes me just as mad Mad
well.durr__hXc™
well.durr__hXc™
July 4th, 2005 at 10:51pm
o now he went to far...
Basketcase463
Basketcase463
July 4th, 2005 at 10:55pm
he said tres an emo drummer who doesnt know what he's doing... so i told him to fuck off and then he got one of his friends to bother me again... yes my life sucks lol
pet_da_panda
Jackass
pet_da_panda
July 6th, 2005 at 06:17pm
PAY ATTENTION in the drum lessons! Trust me, they know what they are doing. Dont just mess around EVER! TAke the lessond seriously and you will become a better musician
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 6th, 2005 at 08:12pm
i give drum lessons, a good book to start with is Joel rothmans mini-book of monster drumming, start off slow, its fun to play fast but slow builds skill, fast builds memory, i taught myself how to play and i thought that was more fun than lessons would be,i give lessons to these to kids who have no idea what they r doing, lol
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 6th, 2005 at 08:13pm
BillieJoeisHOTT:
Basketcase463:
yeah my cousins an asshole his freind is too, his friend goes
i was like you suck
well ur cousin sux! I'm a drummer tooVery Happy

im a girl drummer and i rock so ha!!!
cheese_for_a_day
cheese_for_a_day
July 6th, 2005 at 08:41pm
heh....well advise...listen to a lot of songs, and listen to the drum parts...closely...my friend can pick up the durm parts for any song really, by jsut listening to it...............grrrrrrraaaawwrrrrr..thats all i have to say, cause i dont drum..haha...but ermm...timing is good..and keep a pace or whatever..cause when i fool around on my friends drum kit, i can never keep the same speed...
toxic melody
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
toxic melody
July 8th, 2005 at 06:34am
I'm a newish drummer..i've never had lessons and im attempting to play for a band lol, everyone says its really really hard to play but i dont think it is..reckon thats becuase im playing wrong or something? Confused
lloyd dobler
lloyd dobler
July 8th, 2005 at 08:02am
I've had like 4 or 5 lessons and yet, I haven't got a kit yet....Confused
I feel sad. Sad

Uh. Well...yeah, just thought I'd share my life with you people.
toxic melody
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
toxic melody
July 8th, 2005 at 08:18am
awwww i got my kit for christmas and thought id teach myself lol..worked wiht the guitar
lloyd dobler
lloyd dobler
July 8th, 2005 at 08:25am
Ah. Drums...I guess they're hard if you aren't co-ordinated. *shrug* I just have real bad timing...o.O;
I'm like "How can I practice if I haven't got the gear? What's the point of drum lessons if I haven't got a drum or a metronome??" and mum's all "Well, I'd buy them for you if I had more money"...LIKE WTF. If she didn't have much money, then she shouldn't get me the lessons...-_-;
toxic melody
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
toxic melody
July 8th, 2005 at 08:50am
haha thats what my parents wanted to do though, make sure i could actually play before they wasted thier money on a kit for me..I just told 'em id sell all my guitars to get money and stuff lol..and i kept asking for a kit..actually worked Very Happy
Avantidrummer
Geek
Avantidrummer
July 8th, 2005 at 09:54am
GreenDay420:
Basketcase463:
well im defintately taking lessons (my dad is making me) lol, but im getting a lot of shit from my cuzin about being a girl drummer Confused

girl drummers rock! donna C is an awesome drummer. the chick from kittie is a good drummer as well. just dont get put down by other people and beat the shit out of your drums. and learn to keep time lol

I'm female and I've been playing since I was 14, I'm 22 now- I'm a stronger drummer than many of the male drummers around here.
I hate the term 'chick'...women put themselves down too much, you can do whatever you want....as long as you want it.
*ScaryMissMary*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*ScaryMissMary*
July 9th, 2005 at 05:17pm
hey look, i m newbie too, i ve got a drum teacher. he told me that: " got the metronome. if u can get it well, u learn drum %85. this is u must do first." so im tryin to do that well. (sorry 4 my english now, this is night here n im sleepy Very Happy )
Basketcase463
Basketcase463
July 9th, 2005 at 07:54pm
yay im getting my kit this week lol! Laughing
well.durr__hXc™
well.durr__hXc™
July 11th, 2005 at 06:10am
heres your advice before you play drums (well its really a tip actually) Its hard and you don't only have to move hands. Feet too
Register