How to develop your new weak band?..

AuthorMessage
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 4th, 2005 at 03:38am
lorna:
my band,well i play bass and back up vocals,my friend is lead singer and electric guitar and we need a drummer...cause our 1 left....and (jenny)my friend writtes most of our songs.were called no emotion...

Well, that looks very and very nice!
And we also need a drummer. Very Happy
And where do you make your repetitions?
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 4th, 2005 at 03:40am
GreenDay420:
lorna:
my band,well i play bass and back up vocals,my friend is lead singer and electric guitar and we need a drummer...cause our 1 left....and (jenny)my friend writtes most of our songs.were called no emotion...

sweet! i love your band name! its hard to find drummers here, good luck with your search for a new one! Smile

And what about my band name?
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
{ Rant-and-Rave }
Guitar
Creepy Jesus
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Creepy Jesus
July 4th, 2005 at 07:12pm
Dude, if you get rich famous before my band im just going to say that we tought you everything you know lol.
Na'h, not really, I hope you DO get noticed though.
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 5th, 2005 at 05:20am
Creepy Jesus:
Dude, if you get rich famous before my band im just going to say that we tought you everything you know lol.
Na'h, not really, I hope you DO get noticed though.

Thank you very much! Very Happy

We had a very serious conversation in our band, and we decided to call our first album { Rant-and-Rave }, and the name of our band will be.....

--------------{Exploded Custom}----------------
And how do you like it?
Cool
lorna+mike+bass=ROCKS!
Jackass
lorna+mike+bass=ROCKS!
July 5th, 2005 at 12:45pm
cool,i like it!
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
July 5th, 2005 at 07:23pm
Prima:
GreenDay420:
lorna:

sweet! i love your band name! its hard to find drummers here, good luck with your search for a new one! Smile

{ Rant-and-Rave }
Guitar

luv your band name as well! you guys are so creative with your names. we left ours seemingly without a name yet we do have a name....confusing eh lol
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 6th, 2005 at 10:22am
GreenDay420:
Prima:
GreenDay420:
lorna:

{ Rant-and-Rave }
Guitar

luv your band name as well! you guys are so creative with your names. we left ours seemingly without a name yet we do have a name....confusing eh lol

Well, this name was made accidentally.
It was too aggressive for us, so we changed it to...

---------{ Exploded Custom }---------

This is better a bit, I think...
Rolling Eyes
KATH!
Idiot
KATH!
July 6th, 2005 at 11:33am
Hey, I play bass in my band, and our band name sucks =P Anyways, we want to get noticed, but we can't get big gigs yet, so we play at our school, there's always these crappy or small social events where they need bands to play. We even played in front of sixth graders, so when they'll get into Highschool next year they'll already know us. You just have to look around and be thoughtfull, at first, I thought it would be hard to get gigs where I live, but it's actually not that bad =P I'm sure you'll get noticed around town after a couple of gigs.
cheese_for_a_day
cheese_for_a_day
July 6th, 2005 at 07:16pm
yeah, i relaly have no advise that hasn't already been said, cause i think i really suck at writting songs, but its good enough for the current status of my band, nothign..haha..thats right, hardly have an intro to a song down..
and about getting gigs...what i would've said has already been...look around at the small venues or whatever by where you live, and parties, heh..i bet people would love having a band play at their party....haha..well thats really it for now...i suck at life so my advise is probably bad..haha..
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 6th, 2005 at 07:55pm
first i have to start a band, music is dead in my town i swear, i know like 2 people who play guitar and they suck, i moved from chicago where every1 had a band to, to like the smallest town in missouri where every1 thinks im god because i play drums,it sucks
letterbomb0
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
letterbomb0
July 6th, 2005 at 10:27pm
My friend and i used to have all-nighters and play Halo on Xbox Live. I loved throwing grenades, and he called us the grenaders when we played on teams.

Soo, we are the "Grenaders".

"the grenaders vote for nader!"
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 7th, 2005 at 10:59am
Green Obsession:
Hey, I play bass in my band, and our band name sucks =P Anyways, we want to get noticed, but we can't get big gigs yet, so we play at our school, there's always these crappy or small social events where they need bands to play. We even played in front of sixth graders, so when they'll get into Highschool next year they'll already know us. You just have to look around and be thoughtfull, at first, I thought it would be hard to get gigs where I live, but it's actually not that bad =P I'm sure you'll get noticed around town after a couple of gigs.

Well, It's not the town but THE CAPITAL OF THE EUROPEAN COUNTRY U-K-R-A-I-N-E!!!!
Thanks for your advice.
Try to make your band profile al www.purevolume.com-as we did.
Very Happy
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 7th, 2005 at 11:01am
cheese_for_a_day:
yeah, i relaly have no advise that hasn't already been said, cause i think i really suck at writting songs, but its good enough for the current status of my band, nothign..haha..thats right, hardly have an intro to a song down..
and about getting gigs...what i would've said has already been...look around at the small venues or whatever by where you live, and parties, heh..i bet people would love having a band play at their party....haha..well thats really it for now...i duck at life so my adise is probably bad..haha..

Thanks a lot!
Don't be so passive!!!
Try to advance!
Smile
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 7th, 2005 at 11:02am
letterbomb0:
My friend and i used to have all-nighters and play Halo on Xbox Live. I loved throwing grenades, and he called us the grenaders when we played on teams.

Soo, we are the "Grenaders".

"the grenaders vote for nader!"

Groovy!
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 7th, 2005 at 11:07am
I_worship_tre_cool:
first i have to start a band, music is dead in my town i swear, i know like 2 people who play guitar and they suck, i moved from chicago where every1 had a band to, to like the smallest town in missouri where every1 thinks im god because i play drums,it sucks

People suck very often, you know.
I've got a lot of friends, and some of them are even proud of me. But I live in capital, and it is very difficult to become popular here, you know.
And do you work smwhere?
Question
hitchin'aridetoparadise
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
hitchin'aridetoparadise
July 7th, 2005 at 07:08pm
1) right like when the emotion is raw like right after somthing happens to you
2) i don't know like advertise or find a good like smaller place to start
3) great pic

[/quote]
Franny.
Franny.
July 8th, 2005 at 02:24am
ooo and some other advice, do you guys have myspace? cuz you shoul dget one for your band. we've had it for awhile and recently a band from phoenix (arizona) asked if they could do a gig with us in august and we agreed and found a venue and we've booked it. so yah try that, bands do that when they're touring, they try to find local bands in the area that they're touring in to do a gig with them.
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 8th, 2005 at 06:48am
hitchin'aridetoparadise:
1) right like when the emotion is raw like right after somthing happens to you
2) i don't know like advertise or find a good like smaller place to start
3) great pic

[/quote]
Thanks a lot!
And are you a musiciant?
What do you play on?
Smile
Prima
Geek
Prima
July 8th, 2005 at 06:52am
GreenDay420:
ooo and some other advice, do you guys have myspace? cuz you shoul dget one for your band. we've had it for awhile and recently a band from phoenix (arizona) asked if they could do a gig with us in august and we agreed and found a venue and we've booked it. so yah try that, bands do that when they're touring, they try to find local bands in the area that they're touring in to do a gig with them.

Well, it seems that we don't have a place to do a gig in... Sad
There are loads of fucking POP bands that occupie all serious and not places. I think that we shall bye a garage. What do you think about it?
Very Happy
Kitti
Kitti
July 8th, 2005 at 09:09am
...sometimes it can be hard to put an entire band together--mine has a bassist (me) and a vocalist who was gonna play guitar but decided she sucked and didnt want to, so...i have no drummer, no guitarist, and some lyrics that lack music. we call ourselves mediocrity (and we kinda ARE at the moment...), and when we can get stuff all put together were gonna be awesome because said vocalist has a home recording studio, and if we dont like that, there is one in my very very small town that will give us a good price...nice pic, btw
Register