How to develop your new weak band?..

AuthorMessage
Prima
Geek
Prima
August 17th, 2005 at 04:39pm
lorna:
practicing is ok...but sometimes it's boring...but u do get better.Well that's what happens when i practice...most of the time.

Right you are!
Prima
Geek
Prima
August 17th, 2005 at 04:44pm
greendayscumbag:
Prima:
greendayscumbag:
Prima:
Ants IN Your Pants:
practice practice practice practice practice practice

Practice makes perfect, but no one's perfect. So why practice?!-Billie Joe Armstrong.

Why practice?

so that you don't suck ass.

Well, you don't like that, as I see.
Or you have bad vision?
Billie Joe said this!
And if you don't like Billie Joe-FUCK YOU then!!!

Guitar

what?! i fucking live by that quote, but i dont practice to be prefect...i practice to be awesome.

And Billie's my fucking IDOL and HERO, so fuck you too.

Just face it dude, if you don't want you're band to suck.. then you gotta work at it... you think Bill, Mike and Tre got that good over night... i dont fucking think so!

Damn...
Don't you have a sense of humour at all?!
Of course, without practicing we all will suck!
So sorry, dude, if I hurt your feelings...
Smile
Prima
Geek
Prima
August 17th, 2005 at 04:47pm
mR.bIlliEjOe_boJanGleS:
if u have trouble rhyming your songs....go to http://www.rhymer.com

Thanks for your advices!
greendayscumbag
Idiot
greendayscumbag
August 18th, 2005 at 06:35pm
Prima:
greendayscumbag:
Prima:
greendayscumbag:
Prima:
Ants IN Your Pants:

Practice makes perfect, but no one's perfect. So why practice?!-Billie Joe Armstrong.

Why practice?

Or you have bad vision?
Billie Joe said this!

Guitar

what?! i fucking live by that quote, but i dont practice to be prefect...i practice to be awesome.

Just face it dude, if you don't want you're band to suck.. then you gotta work at it... you think Bill, Mike and Tre got that good over night... i dont fucking think so!

Damn...
Smile

Lol, i can't even remember writing that, and i have a sense of humour, so i guess i was just pissed off that day, so...

i apologise for being an ass Very Happy
Prima
Geek
Prima
August 29th, 2005 at 04:48am
greendayscumbag:
Prima:
greendayscumbag:
Prima:
greendayscumbag:
Prima:
Ants IN Your Pants:

Why practice?

Or you have bad vision?
Billie Joe said this!

Guitar

Damn...
Smile

Lol, i can't even remember writing that, and i have a sense of humour, so i guess i was just pissed off that day, so...

i apologise for being an ass Very Happy

Smile))))

And what is your band name?

What kind of music do you play?
jonny krapuul
Geek
jonny krapuul
August 29th, 2005 at 01:17pm
i play in aband to and we play in like what you call that :some sort of club or something
and our bandname is dangerous junkfood in you're houseroom

ok it's a weird name but whe have like 85 songs by now and were a band that's playin for 5 year's so it's kinda cool when i can say that

i'm really proud of my band and on our songs i only wrote 5 word lyrics out of 85 but i'm proud of them all
Prima
Geek
Prima
August 31st, 2005 at 09:28am
jonny krapuul:
i play in aband to and we play in like what you call that :some sort of club or something

ok it's a weird name but whe have like 85 songs by now and were a band that's playin for 5 year's so it's kinda cool when i can say that

i'm really proud of my band and on our songs i only wrote 5 word lyrics out of 85 but i'm proud of them all

WOW!

That sounds great!!!

And don't you want to become more popular or smth like that?

Very Happy
jonny krapuul
Geek
jonny krapuul
August 31st, 2005 at 12:15pm
Prima:
jonny krapuul:

WOW!

That sounds great!!!

And don't you want to become more popular or smth like that? Very Happy

no not really,i wanna keep playin' like this.And the rest of the band too.Except our singer ,famous bastard that one Very Happy
and if u live in belgium,you're fucked up with being famous Very Happy,i mean you ain't got no chance,they don't look much in europe ,and expecially not belgium
Prima
Geek
Prima
September 3rd, 2005 at 10:05am
jonny krapuul:
Prima:
jonny krapuul:

WOW!

That sounds great!!!

And don't you want to become more popular or smth like that? Very Happy

no not really,i wanna keep playin' like this.And the rest of the band too.Except our singer ,famous bastard that one Very Happy
and if u live in belgium,you're fucked up with being famous Very Happy,i mean you ain't got no chance,they don't look much in europe ,and expecially not belgium

Yeah...

And we were lucky-we've got a newbie in our class and he's a drummer!

The one now that we need!
lorna+mike+bass=ROCKS!
Jackass
lorna+mike+bass=ROCKS!
September 5th, 2005 at 12:27pm
Also,get as many gigs as u can....then u might get famous or better well known.lol.
jonny krapuul
Geek
jonny krapuul
September 8th, 2005 at 11:31am
lorna:
Also,get as many gigs as u can....then u might get famous or better well known.lol.

yeah,right i really think that,it's just i don't believe in that.Just think that my big face will be in 2 years,i'm 22 ,i have an appartment ,girlfriend,goes every 2-3 days to my parents i mean,i have a normal life and i like it
i don't see myself in 2 years talking to 'rolling stone' or have a house that's really .
lorna+mike+bass=ROCKS!
Jackass
lorna+mike+bass=ROCKS!
September 8th, 2005 at 02:25pm
jonny krapuul:
lorna:

yeah,right i really think that,it's just i don't believe in that.Just think that my big face will be in 2 years,i'm 22 ,i have an appartment ,girlfriend,goes every 2-3 days to my parents i mean,i have a normal life and i like it
i don't see myself in 2 years talking to 'rolling stone' or have a house that's really .

it was to prima.
jonny krapuul
Geek
jonny krapuul
September 9th, 2005 at 12:32pm
yeah Smile see myself rocking in manhattan Guitar
lorna+mike+bass=ROCKS!
Jackass
lorna+mike+bass=ROCKS!
September 9th, 2005 at 01:14pm
jonny krapuul:
yeah Smile see myself rocking in manhattan Guitar

lol.
Prima
Geek
Prima
September 22nd, 2005 at 12:45pm
lorna+mike+bass=ROCKS!:

Yeah. Finally, we've got a drummer...

Some clubs is our purprose now.

Guitar
Avantidrummer
Geek
Avantidrummer
September 23rd, 2005 at 07:54am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onemusic/howto/

Whatever you think of Radio 1, they have some good advice on all the things we're talking about. Check out the link - it gives you advice on promoting, distribution, recording, making press packs etc.

My advice is- like everyone else says, get good, practice - have fun doing it, it is fun thats why you do it isnt it?

Make a press pack - this includes a band biography, a demo CD, maybe a few photos and a covering letter to wherever your sending the pack. Radio stations, journalists etc take more notice if you address the covering letter specifically to them.

You have to spend money at first sometimes, on flyers, booking venues etc - but you'll make more back if you do it properly.
Prima
Geek
Prima
September 24th, 2005 at 05:28am
Avantidrummer:

Whatever you think of Radio 1, they have some good advice on all the things we're talking about. Check out the link - it gives you advice on promoting, distribution, recording, making press packs etc.

My advice is- like everyone else says, get good, practice - have fun doing it, it is fun thats why you do it isnt it?

Make a press pack - this includes a band biography, a demo CD, maybe a few photos and a covering letter to wherever your sending the pack. Radio stations, journalists etc take more notice if you address the covering letter specifically to them.

You have to spend money at first sometimes, on flyers, booking venues etc - but you'll make more back if you do it properly.

That's all right things you talk about.

But the most important is to write good songs, isn't it?
lorna+mike+bass=ROCKS!
Jackass
lorna+mike+bass=ROCKS!
September 24th, 2005 at 08:07am
Prima:
Avantidrummer:

That's all right things you talk about.

But the most important is to write good songs, isn't it?

yeah it is. and enjoy ur self.
Avantidrummer
Geek
Avantidrummer
September 24th, 2005 at 07:42pm
Course - concentrate on the reason your doing it, writing songs, your love of writing, playing.

It's easy to have someone else to deal with all the 'promotional' stuff. Having good songs is great, but unfortunately it seems that if you want to get recognised or get your music 'out there', you have to deal with the so called promotional stuff at some point. Thats why bands get people to do this stuff for them, takes the weight off them. But in the begining, if you can't afford to pay someone to do it for you, then you have to do it yourself.
Prima
Geek
Prima
October 11th, 2005 at 07:41am
Avantidrummer:
Course - concentrate on the reason your doing it, writing songs, your love of writing, playing.

It's easy to have someone else to deal with all the 'promotional' stuff. Having good songs is great, but unfortunately it seems that if you want to get recognised or get your music 'out there', you have to deal with the so called promotional stuff at some point. Thats why bands get people to do this stuff for them, takes the weight off them. But in the begining, if you can't afford to pay someone to do it for you, then you have to do it yourself.

We're not ready to promote our band yet-we've got 2-4 songs now...

Sad
Register