Still existing?

AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
July 15th, 2005 at 03:45pm
there are some things such as sexism, racism, and homophobia that people widely believe to be ancient history
but recently I went to visist my Aunt in southern Kentucky, I lived up north in Kentucky and I thought we were rednecks
holy shit!
there was a huge group of racists outside of an elementary school talking about the Southern Union and preserving it's original laws

there's also a lot of crap about sexism I hate
homophobia doesn't bug me all too much though, but I know you all want to talk about it
Less Than Jack
Less Than Jack
July 15th, 2005 at 03:48pm
I have friends that are racist, i just try to ignore them when they talk about it, i also have a friend that is a homophobe, and homophobia doesn't bug me that much either.
I dont think any of my friends are sexist though o_O
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
July 15th, 2005 at 03:51pm
blarg i hate it so much!!!! why can't people just realise they should treat people how they expect to be treated and get on with their own lives rather than making everyone else's a misery???? this is a really simple principal that no one follows!!
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
July 15th, 2005 at 05:09pm
One of my friends, she always refers to peoples sexuality: 'Abby? The bi girl?'. And she found it hilarious that her boss was a lesbian and getting married to a woman. I usually don't say anything about it, but my mother is terrible, she calls all gay people 'poofters' and she says the most ridiculous things. I was defending Freddie Mercury passionately once because she was saying if he hadn't been gay he wouldn't have got AIDS (it still makes me mad) and then I got accused of being a lesbian. When I said I wasn't she said, 'good, it's better if you die before being gay'. Ok, where was I?

Anyway, I agree, it's absoloutly terrible and I'm always shocked when I hear racism or any discrimination, everyone likes to think we've come a long way, and we have, but I don't think it'll ever completely disappear. There'll always be ignorant dickheads out there who think that their sex/race/religion/etc is better then everyone elses, and I think children should be shown at a yound age to accept everyone for who they are and hopefully they'll grow up with that same thought.
HappilySuicidal
Geek
HappilySuicidal
July 15th, 2005 at 05:12pm
i think any type of racism is descusting. worce still is the fact that it happens infront of you every day. racism and homophobia was rampent in my school and i was the one on the receving end of it. i cant belive that it is still happening and no1 seams to care enough to do somthing about it.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
July 15th, 2005 at 06:44pm
sometimes i wonder about why people would do that, other times its plain obvious, they just want 1-attention and 2- a feeling of being better and a feeling of being of a higher social class.
racsism is stupid, period. ive always found that one kinda boring, because someones race never really bothered me, but i dont like it when people who, for example, are on the pro side of gay marriage label the people against it homophobics, like were scarred of them and thats why we dont want it happening. HELL NO. im not scared of gays, i just dont approve the idea of it, and i have friends who are that way, but when i say homosexuality is wrong, i get called a homophobe, wth is up with that?
Worried Beef
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Worried Beef
July 15th, 2005 at 07:52pm
Racism is so pathetic - the worst thing is is that some people don't look at it to be horrible and dis-respectful,but funny.My point - that some people are not racist, but say racist jokes,make racist remarks and find it funny and harmless.They think that everyone does it when they don't.
I am one quater english,one quater Turkish Cypriate and one half Irish, yet i look more turkish than irish and english. I am 14 and only once have i had a racist remark made - which is good i know,but why is it that it's only Asian and black African people that get racism? (the most anyway)
I think that alot of racism is just about being racist to Asian and black people,rather than all different cultures, because i've never known any racist remarks about, say myself or half-cast people. I'm not sure if i've made myself clear...
HappilySuicidal
Geek
HappilySuicidal
July 15th, 2005 at 08:07pm
I chose a religion when i was younger that was not a well know one wicca. i was branded a witch and more. because they didnt know what wicca was i think that education about othere religions and cultures helps alot and think that lesser know ones should be taught in schools. when you know about anothere persons belifes the ignorence is lifterd and somtimes it can help to stop racism. not always but sometimes and it is better than nothing.
Quit Reading My Name
Jackass
Quit Reading My Name
July 16th, 2005 at 10:26am
I think that it's stupid to be sexist and homophobic, because it's discriminating against people for the way that they feel, and emotions which they can't control. Sexism is just stupid, because men and women are equals.

Racism is also stupid, but it's always going to be around - you can't change the past, and that's (from what I've seen) is what brings it on. Or it's just people trying to make themselves feel and look good by picking on those in a minority.
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
July 17th, 2005 at 12:32pm
Homophobia worries me. Racism scares me but sexism dosent bother me too much at all. Men and Women ARE different, and nobody can accept that! But women and men are just as capable as doing the same things as each other.
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
July 17th, 2005 at 04:31pm
racism is useless! it wont do any good to neither of the sides...i don't realy bother if ones gay...it's their life, let them live. why bother?,i wish there wouldn't be no racism...it ruins everyone's life...some ppl r just so nosy, pathetic, angry lil monsters, who like to nibble at others...i hate such beings...cuz they're not humans. humans r friendly, they're not. ok, i'm goin off the topic i think, i'll shut up...
snowcherry
snowcherry
July 17th, 2005 at 05:34pm
Yeah, it´s true. If you look around you see some many ppl practising prejudice every day.
It´s absolutely useless to have prejudices about anything.
Racism, sexism, homophobia.
It all keeps us from meeting new friends or intersting ppl.
If we all look beyond things like what colour of skin, what sexuality they have, with whom they sleep or spend their time,
this could be a so much better place and a so much better/ more peacful life.
Fely
Basket Case
Fely
July 17th, 2005 at 06:50pm
i hate racism.since i am chinese/scottish i have suffered alittle racism when i was younger and it really hurt me then but now i just ignore them.we are all human and we shouldn't be treated any differently.And for sexism well i think it's sad how people especially in work treat women like they can't do things better than men.
smithy_dll
Geek
smithy_dll
July 18th, 2005 at 03:03am
Men and women while being different, choose to do different things. However they should have the same opportunities.

Everything not being 50/50 isn't sexism, sexism is not giving people the opportunity to make it 50/50, and it doesn't just go against women, the ladder swings both ways.

It tends to be the older generations which are sexist/racist, and it tends to run in the family especially where the media around them has been devoid of any positive lets be equal messages.

Great strides have been made, especially internationally on a whole, but there are still pockets that are resisting to the idea that we all deserve to be treated equally.
dookie goes kerplunk
Geek
dookie goes kerplunk
July 18th, 2005 at 01:00pm
I know this girl who is Asian and she is Racist to other Asians Think
hellokittyxcore
Jackass
hellokittyxcore
July 18th, 2005 at 01:15pm
whats homophobia? i think i kno but im not sure
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 18th, 2005 at 04:17pm
AmytheBasketcase:
whats homophobia? i think i kno but im not sure
it's some one who doesn't like gays
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
July 18th, 2005 at 04:30pm
I think all those things are stupid. I think people should see we're all the same, no matter our colour or who we fancy.
I also hate people who are superficial about blondes. I am NOT stupid.
xXxBlushxXx
Jackass
xXxBlushxXx
July 18th, 2005 at 04:58pm
*agrees*
Kitti
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 04:21pm
people need to learn that they live in a very diverse world. we need to be tolerant of people who are different from us, whether those differneces are social, religious, ethnic, or anything else. it doesnt matter because we have to coexist anyway. so why not get along and get over all the idiotic judgements we have in our minds. i have friends who are wiccan, atheist, agnostic, christian, and many others, but we are all equals. i may not completely agree with their views, but i respect them. as for racism... i live in a really small town. "minority" doesnt quite cover it when it comes to other "races" and anyone who isnt quite caucasian, you'd never know because we all look kinda the same. im a tiny bit like...canadian indian, but you'd never know cuz im WHITE. there are all of...4 black/biracial ppl in my town, and they really are cool people, so nobody discriminates. there are a lot of people in my school who are gay/bisexual. nobody cares, because weve all known each other for so long that race, sexuality, etc. dont define us.
thats the thing about my town. mostly it sucks, but were very tolerant. might beall the pot everyone smokes, though...lol...
Register