Song Writin Process

AuthorMessage
ellie ex-friend
Falling In Love With The Board
ellie ex-friend
August 15th, 2005 at 10:22am
Usually things just come to me in the middle of the night. I never force myself to write stuff. Sometimes if I listen to a really great piece of music I think 'Hey, I could build a song on that' and hey it starts. Or I have problems or others have problems and help myself/them by writing. There's many ways for me.
Tre_Bangs_Hard
Geek
Tre_Bangs_Hard
December 27th, 2005 at 04:54pm
Ill usually be playing around on the drums and our bassist picks up the beat and our guitarist picks up some cool stuf...other than that we plan it all out together
AreWeTheWaiting?
Geek
AreWeTheWaiting?
December 27th, 2005 at 05:25pm
I make them out of inspiration.
If I find some lyric that I like, just randomly, I try my best to make it into a song. In the last few days I've made a song... First one since 2nd grade, about 6 years ago. Damn... o_o... yeah, I'm gunna get into drum lessons and jam with my dad and his friends. The made some unofficial band, like they play for fun... Yeah... Very Happy I need to learn to sing.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
December 27th, 2005 at 07:53pm
I've come up with stuff while watching TV... which is a pretty rare thing. I was watching the GD marathon a few weeks ago and I had my guitar with me and I came up with a sort of rhythm that sounded a bit like the first part of JOS and I just played around with it and changed some stuff. I usually get ideas from songs I've heard or just randomly come up with stuff. I've had problems with coming up with a whole song though, I always come up with little pieces but none of them ever fit well together.
*meggy72*wants2bminority
Geek
*meggy72*wants2bminority
December 28th, 2005 at 10:13am
my music just sorta comes at me at random times! usually, im listening to music ... or it might be right after i had a shit day or something awesome happened or great at school, home, wherever! and gotta write a song about it to get my feelings out

and i do have one or two songs i sorta forced myself to write because i was at my friends house and we both said really stupid things, so we each wrote a joke song that we know wont be hits if we ever get anywhere, but it was funny Razz
cheese_for_a_day
cheese_for_a_day
December 28th, 2005 at 12:45pm
im not the best at making up a rhythem and all that shit..im currently failing (or at least should be) my midi class (we make songs through the computer on keyboards and shit) cause i can't make rhythems...

but in my band, our drumm usually makes up something for the guitarist to play, and then everything just goes around that..
Kitti
Kitti
December 29th, 2005 at 11:41am
caffiene, 3 am...Jill playing random chords on my keyboard. I hear one I decide I like, stop her...start working out a bass line underneath it. Not that I'll remember...we started writing stuff down though. But I write on a staff, not in tabs, so really I need to learn to read bass. Smile
watermelon murderer
Geek
watermelon murderer
January 13th, 2006 at 09:33pm
i hear it in my mind...sometimes i'll just start singing words or be playing a REAL song and play a wrong note and trail off into my own song from there. it isn't really on purpous....more mistake
The Real Jigsaw
Idiot
The Real Jigsaw
January 15th, 2006 at 02:44pm
i just find a good riff,
then think of a subject, for the lyrics to be about
then the lyrics,
then mebbe a solo

then after all that i filter thru the 100 odd songs iv writen and pick the goods ones out for my band
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
January 15th, 2006 at 02:53pm
......extremely experimental style

sometimes a tune formulates in my head......lyrics grow round it...

............other times I start with a poem and try several tunes and formations

...I never 'sit down to write a song'......

.............whenever the inspiration hits me, I create

H-F-P-R
Register