The Obesity Jab

AuthorMessage
Rage&Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Rage&Love
August 7th, 2005 at 06:36pm
ok there are more important issues than being fat, like Kate said, people need to want to loose wait themselves and they need the will power to do so. If they loose the weight by a jab then they will only put it back on, at least by loosing it themselves they will be more proud of what they have accomplished and more inclinded to keep it off.
Work on injections to tackle AIDS and cancer before weight which you can loose yourself!
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 8th, 2005 at 11:56pm
warning_05:
ok there are more important issues than being fat, like Kate said, people need to want to loose wait themselves and they need the will power to do so. If they loose the weight by a jab then they will only put it back on, at least by loosing it themselves they will be more proud of what they have accomplished and more inclinded to keep it off.
Work on injections to tackle AIDS and cancer before weight which you can loose yourself!

In 5 years cancer will be cured, Doctors are literally on the brink of finding a cure, sorry i just thought you guys might want to know that.
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
August 10th, 2005 at 10:41am
Well thats good news. But to be honest I think that AIDS is a more important case....
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 10th, 2005 at 08:29pm
THEY ARE BOTH IMPORTANT
lots of people die from both each year, its great that they have one for cancer, and i can bet you they're finding one for AID's right now.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 4th, 2005 at 06:54pm
That's fuckig terrible. Another step to global vainity we go Rolling Eyes
Ilse
Ilse
November 4th, 2005 at 10:29pm
It's a simple equation:

Fast food is a fast way to being fat

If you don't want to be fat..DON'T EAT JUNK FOOD!

I don't understand why we have the government and researchers doing this.

THEY COULD BE WORKING ON A CURE FOR CANCER!
Sarah.
Sarah.
November 5th, 2005 at 12:15am
obesity is seriously turning into a huge problem in the US, i am over weight but not like obese and im honestly ashamed to live in the US because of it. if only candy makers and junk food makers would stop making the crap that they make, people would be so much healthier, we dont need that stuff anyways! more americans should work out anyways, i started going to a gym and have beeing losing weight and inches, more people should start doint that too...
Bamboozler
Idiot
Bamboozler
November 5th, 2005 at 02:29pm
People are more worried about not fitting in that perfect dress than the millions that are dying around them. Real classy. Rolling Eyes
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 5th, 2005 at 02:33pm
Bamboozler:
People are more worried about not fitting in that perfect dress than the millions that are dying around them. Real classy. Rolling Eyes

Well there i think you've summarised my exact thought on this topic. And really, these people who are obese should be getting off their arses and loosing weight themselves, and not waiting for the government to spend millions on them, money that could be spent on so many other things. Its not that hard, you know, if i can do it then surely they can.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
November 5th, 2005 at 02:36pm
Sometimes people eat cause they're sad.
Eat your pain away.
Those people kinda need to seek help.
I guess,
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
November 5th, 2005 at 03:04pm
Um a bit off topic...

But my friend told me in the paper it said that in one scoop of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, there was as much fat as a Big Mac in it. And I had 2 scoops o_0 Is that true?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 5th, 2005 at 03:08pm
eberneezer_egghead:
Um a bit off topic...

But my friend told me in the paper it said that in one scoop of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, there was as much fat as a Big Mac in it. And I had 2 scoops o_0 Is that true?

Well, i think like most ice cream, theres a lot of fat in it. But not as much as a big mac. You would have to check the nutrition information on the side of the tub to be 100% sure.
Paul Simonon Teenie.
Jackass
Paul Simonon Teenie.
November 5th, 2005 at 07:44pm
This Conflict Is My Own.:
thats cool, but i agree that we should be working on AIDS before obesity

fucking right.

I mean, some people can't control their eating habits, it becomes a mental thing. But for some people, they cause it themselves. Lose the weight by yourself.
princess byxdawn
Geek
princess byxdawn
November 6th, 2005 at 02:21am
I just think that these people who are over weight need a modivation. Like, I think it would help if they had a trainer or someone helping them along because alot of people are just too lazy to get up all by themselves and do it.

But yea, it should atleast be in a natural way. None of that medical shit or anything. It just comes back right when you start eating normally again.
"x"
"x"
November 13th, 2005 at 01:20am
I don't really have much of a comment on this.

Some obese people REALLY piss me off. There is this obese guy in my grade who calls me fat. I mean, yeah, I could do to lose a few kilograms, but I actually did have some medic shit. Then he said to my brother "you're a health hazard cos you're tall" and all shit, he's a health hazard cos he weigh's near 200 and hasn't and probabally never will hit 6 foot O_O.

I s'pose that's off topic, really, but some obese people have bad complexes.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
November 13th, 2005 at 02:07am
i really don't see what's wrong with good ol' exercise, it's much more healthy anyway...
_lit up
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
_lit up
November 13th, 2005 at 04:54am
Bamboozler:

maybe people are so worried because society tends to look down on over weight people? Or maybe it's the dozens of health problems that obesity can lead to?

And why, just because they're working on an obesity jab, does that mean they're not working on an AIDs jab? I'm pretty sure we can do both.
Ryan is teh sex
Geek
Ryan is teh sex
November 16th, 2005 at 08:27pm
aids is really BIG right now and so is obeisity{sp}. yeah people have choices, they can go out get a really fatty hamburger and get fat. they could go out and come home empty handed. {cuz hey didnt buty anything} and im over weight and i dont want some damn injection to help me. i just have to make the "right" choice. injections suck!
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
November 20th, 2005 at 07:33pm
eberneezer_egghead:
I just found some information on the new "obesity jab".

Injections of a gut hormone which switches off appetite helps overweight people lose pounds, a study has found.
A team from Imperial College say the four-week trial suggested oxyntomodulin - naturally found in the intestine - could be a new way of tackling obesity.

The research in Diabetes said those on the hormone lost an average of 2.3kg (5lbs) in four weeks, compared to 0.5kg (1lb) for those on a dummy treatment.

Experts said more studies were needed to confirm the hormone's benefits.

Dr Ian Campbell, National Obesity Forum

Oxyntomodulin is normally released from the small intestine as food is consumed.

It tells the brain not to eat any more at the end of a meal when the body has had enough to eat.

The researchers, from Imperial College and Hammersmith Hospitals NHS Trust, studied the effect of boosting people's oxyntomodulin levels.

I personally think this idea of an Obesity Jab is ridiculous. Yes, the government is trying to tackle the obesity issue over here, but why a jab? Why can't they think of another way? Obese people should want to lose weight anyway. Personally I think they should carry on thinking of ideas for an AIDS jab, first.

..or a cancer jab
Shenanigans
Jackass
Shenanigans
November 21st, 2005 at 07:09pm
It ok for u lot to say "Oh there fat they eat junk food". Sure im a bit over weight but i dont eat junk, meat, fizzy crap, hey i hardly eat anythink cos im never hungry. Theres other reason why ppl cant lose weight like family history such as thyroids when there under active its extremely hard to lose weight. Sure alot of ppl are always in McDonalds and Burger King wherever you want to go but theres a small chance it isnt because of a wrong diet so just think bout it -_-
Register