Drinking age

AuthorMessage
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 11th, 2005 at 03:54pm
My dad got drunk when he was ten. Did he learn his lesson? Nope. He lets me drink. But I am a responsible drinker. I hardly have half a bottle a week.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
August 11th, 2005 at 05:31pm
i dont drink, cuz i dont like the taste of alcohol...i do cook with wine, though. the alcohol evaporates off, so i cant taste it, and that i dont mind...
punk_rock_kitty
Geek
punk_rock_kitty
August 11th, 2005 at 08:13pm
spagetti bolognaise and wine is quite nice
*unwanted*
Jackass
*unwanted*
August 11th, 2005 at 08:43pm
or just a bottle of cold white wine while looking at a gorgeous view!

man I feel poetic now! Laughing
punk_rock_kitty
Geek
punk_rock_kitty
August 11th, 2005 at 08:46pm
yeah.....or brandy in cakes
heywhatnow
Falling In Love With The Board
heywhatnow

Blog
August 12th, 2005 at 01:51am
the only alcohol i consume is by .5% per bottle
Stutterfly
Idiot
Stutterfly
August 12th, 2005 at 05:13am
O_o
clean_with_409
Geek
clean_with_409
August 12th, 2005 at 06:59am
it's 18 years here. I think 18 years is reasonable, but I think everything should go down to 16. Like voting and buying cigarets and stuff.
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
Jackass
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
August 12th, 2005 at 07:22am
clean_with_409:
it's 18 years here. I think 18 years is reasonable, but I think everything should go down to 16. Like voting and buying cigarets and stuff.

where i live you can already but cigarettes at age 16
Masterbation lost its fun
Banned
Masterbation lost its fun
August 12th, 2005 at 05:23pm
*~Lost for Words~*:
I don't think that the drinking age, 18 or 21, really matters. Even now with the drinking age being 21, you still have 16-20 year olds drinking and driving, and there are still those people that cant even drive yet and are drinking. No matter what the drinking age is, you're always going to have all the underage drinking. I think that it should stay 21, becuase if it were 18, you're just putting even more irresponsible drivers out there.

My dad was 20 something and was killed in a drunk driving accident, and the driver and him weren't underage. With lowering the drinking age, your going to be having even more accidents on top of the ones that are casused by older drinkers.

no you wouldnt...
there have been more deaths from under age drinking the when the drinking age was 18 its a fact there would be less because there not breaking the law pl like to beak the law it gives them a sence of freedom...
Stutterfly
Idiot
Stutterfly
August 14th, 2005 at 10:09am
Mm... i think you gotta be 18 here in Aus...but its not like anyone follows it -_- I mean they say your not allowed to have sex b4 16...are they gonna spy on you then hunt you down?...... Shocked
Soldasfreedom
Idiot
Soldasfreedom
August 14th, 2005 at 05:13pm
*unwanted*:
well, does the law make any difference at all?
I've been drinking since I was like 13, I have no problem to get a friend of my to buy or I can just buy it myself..

Im 13 and theres not one single person i dont no that hasnt had a drink... most people at my school go out drinking, or get drunk on the park. Its easy for kids my age to get booze.Theres people i know who smoke at 13 aswell, most people dont care bout what the law says cos its easy enough to get away with it.
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
August 19th, 2005 at 09:45pm
wow i'm gone for like 3 weeks and i've got 5 pages. i'm kinda happy about that lol. my first thread, what can i say.
*-StiLL heRe waiTiNG-*
Jackass
*-StiLL heRe waiTiNG-*
August 19th, 2005 at 09:56pm
Masterbation lost its fun:
*~Lost for Words~*:
I don't think that the drinking age, 18 or 21, really matters. Even now with the drinking age being 21, you still have 16-20 year olds drinking and driving, and there are still those people that cant even drive yet and are drinking. No matter what the drinking age is, you're always going to have all the underage drinking. I think that it should stay 21, becuase if it were 18, you're just putting even more irresponsible drivers out there.

My dad was 20 something and was killed in a drunk driving accident, and the driver and him weren't underage. With lowering the drinking age, your going to be having even more accidents on top of the ones that are casused by older drinkers.

no you wouldnt...
there have been more deaths from under age drinking the when the drinking age was 18 its a fact there would be less because there not breaking the law pl like to beak the law it gives them a sence of freedom...
they may not be breaking the law, but they're still driving drunk. i think the drinking age doesnt really matter. you could set it at 18 and you'll still have as many accidents as before, maybe even more. just cause now there are all those 18 year olds that are going to be like "Hey i can legally drink.... Oh, hey guys lets go drive somewhere" (dialog its gonna be like that jsut an example) no matter what, there's always going to be drunk driving accidents and most of them are going to be underage drinking accidents.
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
August 19th, 2005 at 09:58pm
*~Lost for Words~*:
Masterbation lost its fun:
*~Lost for Words~*:

no you wouldnt...
they may not be breaking the law, but they're still driving drunk. i think the drinking age doesnt really matter. you could set it at 18 and you'll still have as many accidents as before, maybe even more. just cause now there are all those 18 year olds that are going to be like "Hey i can legally drink.... Oh, hey guys lets go drive somewhere" (dialog its gonna be like that jsut an example) no matter what, there's always going to be drunk driving accidents and most of them are going to be underage drinking accidents.

k but i didn't say that was the only option, putting it at 18. i am not against the drinking age being at 21, i just think that if it's going to be there then the rest of that stuff (sex, marriage, kids, etc.) should be at 21 too. you shouldn't be able to do one before the other, it takes more maturity to have kids and get married than it does to drink, they should all be 21 as far as i'm concerned.
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
August 20th, 2005 at 12:31pm
in our country the drinkin age is um...16? or was it 18? don\t no, i only know that vodka and wine are only sold to ppl srattin from 18 n over...but u haver to show an Id card or somehtin that shows them that u realy are 18 or over...i don't mind...i have only tried Shampaigne, n i realy liked it...i don\t no the age limit for beer, i think it\s 18 laso, and if it\s not 18, then maybe 16...
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
August 20th, 2005 at 03:33pm
I think 21 is about the right age to allow people to start drinking alcohol.
I don't know a kid who hasn't had alcohol before,
but it doesn't make it right.

I think at 21 you should be responsible enough to drink it responsibly.
They should never lower the age.
Bring it up to 23 maybe...I'm just saying there are still hundreds of car accidents a year due to drinking...
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 20th, 2005 at 04:42pm
Dork:

Bring it up to 23 maybe...I'm just saying there are still hundreds of car accidents a year due to drinking...

so raising the age will stop people over 23 having alcohol induced car accidents?
Toastboy
Jackass
Toastboy
August 20th, 2005 at 06:52pm
i think it sud be 18 in the US, i mean it is here
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
August 20th, 2005 at 11:31pm
Dom:
Dork:

so raising the age will stop people over 23 having alcohol induced car accidents?

no...but hopefully they'd be more responsible
Register