NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 11th, 2005 at 08:47pm
Dom:
NeoSteph:
Dom:
NeoSteph:
Anji:
As a British citizen, I say we get a new one in who won't totally embaress the Royal Family. I mean all this shit about Price Harry and Prince William and Price Charles marrying Camella is just stupid. And they get all this money but lying there doing virtually nothing. I say listen to what CBC's Air Farce has got to say and then get some people who will do their job right, in there.

It's only right camilla and Charles are alllowed to marry, they waited a heck of a long time, and camilla seems like a nice person. Prince William is good but Harry needs his head checked out.

i dont think Harry's done much wrong, apart from acting like a normal teenager which has got to be hard being a member of the royal family.

He doesn't have common sense, he dressed as a Nazi for a costume party.

If it was anyone else, well anyone else who isn't a celebrity who did it then it wouldn't have been such a big deal.

yes, but he isn't anyone, a member of the royal family shouldn't do something like that plus he dd it in Holocaust rememberance month whilst the queen was visiting Germany.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 11th, 2005 at 09:07pm
NeoSteph:
Dom:
NeoSteph:
Dom:
NeoSteph:
Anji:
As a British citizen, I say we get a new one in who won't totally embaress the Royal Family. I mean all this shit about Price Harry and Prince William and Price Charles marrying Camella is just stupid. And they get all this money but lying there doing virtually nothing. I say listen to what CBC's Air Farce has got to say and then get some people who will do their job right, in there.

It's only right camilla and Charles are alllowed to marry, they waited a heck of a long time, and camilla seems like a nice person. Prince William is good but Harry needs his head checked out.

i dont think Harry's done much wrong, apart from acting like a normal teenager which has got to be hard being a member of the royal family.

If it was anyone else, well anyone else who isn't a celebrity who did it then it wouldn't have been such a big deal.

yes, but he isn't anyone, a member of the royal family shouldn't do something like that plus he dd it in Holocaust rememberance month whilst the queen was visiting Germany.
Exactly. Besides which I don't know any "normal" teenagers who'd do that anyway. Unless Prince Harry wants to turn into a Nazi punk. Shocked Rolling Eyes
Q lúce Q ten S an S uir
Geek
Q lúce Q ten S an S uir
August 11th, 2005 at 09:16pm
The Royal Family are so out dated.. They've completely lost touch with what the population needs and wants. It seems their soul purpose now is to look nice in the centre fold of some English magazine. I say get rid of them, but then again i don't like the thought a president in England as it may turn out to be someone as power hungry as Bush. And that may be a problem...
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 12th, 2005 at 12:45am
Q lúce Q ten S an S uir:
The Royal Family are so out dated.. They've completely lost touch with what the population needs and wants. It seems their soul purpose now is to look nice in the centre fold of some English magazine. I say get rid of them, but then again i don't like the thought a president in England as it may turn out to be someone as power hungry as Bush. And that may be a problem...

and what do you know of bush? id say propaganda.......

but yea, like dom said, and i knew this, they are a symbol, figureghead for the queen like he/she? (SORRY!), said. thats what britian stands for.

it sounds like parliament is like your congress, why not complain to them?
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 18th, 2005 at 07:56am
parliament do their own thing the other people are an inconvenience they're all out for what they can get
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 18th, 2005 at 09:03am
Anji:
NeoSteph:
Dom:
NeoSteph:
Dom:
NeoSteph:
Anji:

Exactly. Besides which I don't know any "normal" teenagers who'd do that anyway. Unless Prince Harry wants to turn into a Nazi punk. Shocked Rolling Eyes

i just think its good hes acting "unroyally".
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
Jackass
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
August 18th, 2005 at 09:28am
I think Prince Charles should make a good figurehead because he voluntarily pays tax at 50% and donates half of what is left after tex deductions to charities.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 18th, 2005 at 10:21am
zdf_jammin:
Q lúce Q ten S an S uir:

and what do you know of bush? id say propaganda.......

but yea, like dom said, and i knew this, they are a symbol, figureghead for the queen like he/she? (SORRY!), said. thats what britian stands for.

it sounds like parliament is like your congress, why not complain to them?

I said? I think all i said was that they are profitable Smile .
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 18th, 2005 at 10:23am
destiny_is_dead:
I think Prince Charles should make a good figurehead because he voluntarily pays tax at 50% and donates half of what is left after tex deductions to charities.

he also spent around £100,000 on one flight to New Zealand, and at one point employed someone to put toothpaste on his brush. So their not that wise with the tax payers money. Razz . But in honesty they cost something like 20p per tax payer per year. Or maybe even less, so their not too much of a burnden.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
August 18th, 2005 at 08:14pm
I really dissagree with the monarchy...because they are basically just an overrated rich family but we'd be really fucked without the tourism...
longview101
Geek
longview101
September 17th, 2005 at 06:49am
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
I really dissagree with the monarchy...because they are basically just an overrated rich family but we'd be really fucked without the tourism...

it's so true!
Hotel New Archaic
Idiot
Hotel New Archaic
September 26th, 2005 at 05:34am
I don't like monarchy.

This sort of effects me, because I live in Aus, and we're under the British monarchy too.

See, the thing is, people are like 'what's the difference if we have a queen or not? She doesn't have any power.'

Quite untrue. She has the power to override any laws that get passed. She has the ultimate power.

Just because Elizabeth isn't using it doesn't mean her successor won't.

I don't like the idea of a president too much either, but it's better than having one person who has ultimate control, whether they bother with it or not. At least a president can be controlled, to some extent. They're only in the damn position for a few years before we have the chance to kick them out again. A Monarch's in it for life.

And there's fuck all you can do about it.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 26th, 2005 at 11:15am
Half-Way Haunted:
I don't like monarchy.

This sort of effects me, because I live in Aus, and we're under the British monarchy too.

See, the thing is, people are like 'what's the difference if we have a queen or not? She doesn't have any power.'

Quite untrue. She has the power to override any laws that get passed. She has the ultimate power.

I don't like the idea of a president too much either, but it's better than having one person who has ultimate control, whether they bother with it or not. At least a president can be controlled, to some extent. They're only in the damn position for a few years before we have the chance to kick them out again. A Monarch's in it for life.

The reason the queen never uses her power is because the government would throw the monarchy out if they started to gain control again, there a figurehead and nothing more, not since Magan Carta anyway.

A president would have ultimate power and wouldn'y have to listen to Parliament, the way i see the queen is the people's trump card for when democracy in the government breaks down.
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
September 26th, 2005 at 02:26pm
Let them sit there and wave.

The whole thing should be an anarchy until someody invents something that isn't capitalism, 'caue that kills us, but is a bit better than communism...

Hey, Alex and I invented that here the other day!!!

Laughing
in_my_own_basketcase
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
in_my_own_basketcase
September 26th, 2005 at 06:05pm
I had a major campaign at school about this!!! It was our mission to bring down the monarchy. It all started when the university-students-owned paper published an issue on the monarchy and how it sux. They put in a sheet listing 50 ways to bring down the monarchy. We tried a few of them, but it didn't work. Sad
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 26th, 2005 at 06:21pm
in_my_own_basketcase:
I had a major campaign at school about this!!! It was our mission to bring down the monarchy. It all started when the university-students-owned paper published an issue on the monarchy and how it sux. They put in a sheet listing 50 ways to bring down the monarchy. We tried a few of them, but it didn't work. Sad

do you live in England?
Hotel New Archaic
Idiot
Hotel New Archaic
September 26th, 2005 at 09:01pm
NeoSteph:
Half-Way Haunted:
I don't like monarchy.

The reason the queen never uses her power is because the government would throw the monarchy out if they started to gain control again, there a figurehead and nothing more, not since Magan Carta anyway.

A president would have ultimate power and wouldn'y have to listen to Parliament, the way i see the queen is the people's trump card for when democracy in the government breaks down.

mm...

I guess so.

Like I said, I don't like the idea of a president much either. Until someone invents something better, I suppose the monarchy should stay. Thing is, it appears to me that the only arguement so far on this thread is that they bring in cash...

Well we can't even use that.
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
September 27th, 2005 at 01:01pm
the queen has emergancy powers and in an emergency she can take over the country....also because of out lack of constitution if the royals wanted to they could run the counrty again and there would be nothing we could do....
Rage&Love
Rage&Love
September 27th, 2005 at 01:08pm
i think we should keep it! i mean like it was said on the first page they bring in like billions every year in tourism and without them it would just be wierd.
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
September 27th, 2005 at 01:11pm
Rage&Love:
i think we should keep it! i mean like it was said on the first page they bring in like billions every year in tourism and without them it would just be wierd.

We are Britain! Other places have a monarchy too......
It's been part of out heritage for hundreds of years there would be no history to look on if our monarchy was gone.....the history of why britain is different....
Register