Religion and violence

AuthorMessage
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
December 23rd, 2005 at 04:44pm
Just because there are some people who think that Satanism makes them look cool, doesn't nessacarily mean that I'm one of them. Unlike all of those little.... let's call them "kindergoths".....out there, I actually believe what my religion teaches and I follow it. Sure, I will admit that I disagree with some of the things that LaVey said and taught, but that doesn't make me any less of a Satanist.

And I'm not saying that Satanism is just an "angel" of a religion, because it has attracted many rather unfortunate characters throughout time. But it's also a rule in our religion to "Cause no harm to any undeserving person or being".

We're just saying that some religions have caused more violence and disagreement than others.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
December 23rd, 2005 at 04:51pm
spill_no_sick:
Immortally Jaded:
spill_no_sick:
trust me, mentioning it is showing off enough
just like the people who "let slip" that they're bi
even if they don't act completely teenie, I see through the bull shit...they're showing off

and I know you aren't anti-Christian, I know Satanism isn't just devil worship (if you think you look smart knowing that anyone...you're dead wrong

this is just turning into "okay, so religion is to blame for war...except for the 'outrageous ones' like Satanism and Wicca...I think I'll say I am all for those or I am one of thoes"
it's turning into a a bunch of people displaying their religion on a cat walk to be admired and I hate that

the only person I actually believe or respect in all of this is Nine_Inch_Nails (I don't know you and I'm not gullible so you don't have my belief or respect.....likewise, you don't have my disbelief or disrespect

I never said that. Religion isn't the only thing to blame for war and other.... events, but it does have some play in it. There are a lot of people who don't open their minds to other possibilities besides Religion. I was just stating my religion, and then I had nothing else to do with this conversation. And no, I wasn't saying it just to sound "cool". People like that make me sick.
And just in case not many people knew this: I have absolutely nothing against Christians, because I used to be one, and my entire family are Christian.
And no, I'm not "Anti-Religion" because I am part of a religion.
that's not what I said, and saying that you aren't a fake makes no difference
do you expect people like I stated to come out into the open and admit it?

watch, when VH1 does a decade show for 2000-2009 in ten years they will have plenty of people saying the "went for bi trend"
but no one will admit it now

and yes, people put stuff like their sexuality and trend out there when no one asks and when it has no relavence....that means they did it for appearance; and that's what many people here did

Okay, so I reread this and I think I know what you're getting at (Wow!)

Now, some people might be doing it for attention or for "popularity", and others are just proud. Really, I don't care if stating my religion makes me look like some fool who wants people to pay attention to her, I honestly don't care what anyone thinks of my religion. I never said I was real and I never said I was fake. I notice that I just stated my religion without an furthur debate, which made me look "fake" (OMG!!!!!121122233). I happen to be open about my religion with friends and... internet... people because I can't be open about it anywhere else. I kind of need places to vent.
I'm not sure that's the case for everyone else, but that's just me.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
January 2nd, 2006 at 12:45pm
bump
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 2nd, 2006 at 12:48pm
Totally.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
January 2nd, 2006 at 12:53pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Totally.

*raises eyebrow*
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 2nd, 2006 at 01:39pm
Immortally Jaded:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Totally.

*raises eyebrow*

-Licks-
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
January 2nd, 2006 at 02:02pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Immortally Jaded:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Totally.

*raises eyebrow*

-Licks-
Kiss We're so off subject.
RunningAwayFromPain
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
RunningAwayFromPain
January 4th, 2006 at 12:53am
i dont understand why we have to fight and kill about it, if we boil it down dont we all believe in the same thing, we all want to please God and go to heaven no matter what the name of your god is or whether you go to church or pray towards mecca, violence never solves anything, and im not some peace loving hippie, violence can only lead to more violence
TresFine
TresFine
January 4th, 2006 at 08:20pm
people are all about to have there religion and beliefs.its there right to.violence theres just too much in the word today
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
January 4th, 2006 at 08:32pm
TresFine:
people are all about to have there religion and beliefs.its there right to.violence theres just too much in the word today

Proper English and spaces after periods are appreciated. Very Happy
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
January 4th, 2006 at 09:03pm
RunningAwayFromPain:
i dont understand why we have to fight and kill about it, if we boil it down dont we all believe in the same thing, we all want to please God and go to heaven no matter what the name of your god is or whether you go to church or pray towards mecca, violence never solves anything, and im not some peace loving hippie, violence can only lead to more violence
now now. some dont want to plesae God. some dont believe in God.
TresFine
TresFine
January 4th, 2006 at 09:57pm
Immortally Jaded:
TresFine:

ok fine.
people are all allow to have there religion and beliefs.Its there right to. theres just too much violence in the word today.
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
January 5th, 2006 at 09:22am
ppl r stupid, they need somehting to believe in...cristians were real assholes and dumbasses earlier...they killed innocent ppl just cuz they were a lil different.and moslims are now doin the same. why can't we all just get along?...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 5th, 2006 at 09:30am
iplayguitar:
ppl r stupid, they need somehting to believe in...cristians were real assholes and dumbasses earlier...they killed innocent ppl just cuz they were a lil different.and moslims are now doin the same. why can't we all just get along?...

Christians and Muslims, dear.

Calling people 'assholes' and 'dumbasses' is not very nice either.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
January 5th, 2006 at 05:05pm
iplayguitar:

We all can't get along because people can't type.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
January 5th, 2006 at 05:06pm
TresFine:
Immortally Jaded:
TresFine:

ok fine.
people are all allow to have there religion and beliefs. Its there right to. theres just too much violence in the world today.

Thank you.
SwEeTtHaNg77
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SwEeTtHaNg77
January 5th, 2006 at 07:23pm
Bloodraine:
iplayguitar:

Christians have never killed anyone just because they were different. jews and muslims did.

iplayaltosax
Idiot
iplayaltosax
January 5th, 2006 at 09:44pm
Some people do kill eachother in the name of God, it's called Jihad by the Muslims.

And Christians have killed too, what do you call the Crusades?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 6th, 2006 at 07:52am
evilmutantbunnyqueen:
Some people do kill eachother in the name of God, it's called Jihad by the Muslims.

And Christians have killed too, what do you call the Crusades?

For the last time, The crusades were not only about religion!
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 6th, 2006 at 07:53am
SwEeTtHaNg77:
Bloodraine:
iplayguitar:

Christians have never killed anyone just because they were different. jews and muslims did.

Where on earth did that come from!?!

Shocked
Register