Mistakes in surgery with extreme effects

AuthorMessage
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
August 18th, 2005 at 02:03pm
I know a woman who had cancer, and got radiation treatment. It didn't work and now she's paralysed from the waist down. Eventually, her body will be completely paralysed. She rarely leaves the house. They tried to take a lawsuit against the hospital but they were overruled. So her and her family got absolutely ZERO compensation. Discuss mistakes in surgery.
Kitti
Kitti
August 18th, 2005 at 02:19pm
ummm....thats called malpractise, she actually technically has a lawsuit. and she should also be getting disability compensation.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
August 18th, 2005 at 02:20pm
Yeah but she didnt.
Kitti
Kitti
August 18th, 2005 at 02:23pm
two words. press. charges.
talk to the insurance company, there should at least be a settlement...and get a fucking lawyer.
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
Jackass
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
August 18th, 2005 at 02:24pm
There are many cases of surgeons leaving instruments inside the patient Confused
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
Jackass
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
August 18th, 2005 at 02:24pm
I don't actually think is debatable though.....
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
August 18th, 2005 at 02:25pm
destiny_is_dead:
There are many cases of surgeons leaving instruments inside the patient Confused
Shocked
Kitti
Kitti
August 18th, 2005 at 02:37pm
its true. they do it all the time. theyre pretty fucking careless sometimes.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
August 18th, 2005 at 02:53pm
I know but it's really creepy.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
August 18th, 2005 at 08:44pm
But these cases are rare and if we can't trust our doctors who can we trust?
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
August 18th, 2005 at 10:00pm
if you trust doctors...you are stupid! they are just overpayed idiots. they don't really have to know very much. i'd say try and fight them and get some money.......don't stop till they do
No Knowledge Of Love
Idiot
No Knowledge Of Love
August 18th, 2005 at 10:18pm
Fuck the surgeons, man, I still have the scars from my stitches AND I GOT MY SURGERY WHEN I WAS 7!!! 5 YEARS!!!!
ren
Idiot
ren
August 19th, 2005 at 12:52am
When i was ten i broke my pelvis, which broke my hip and i also dislocated my knee. I had surgery to fix my pelvis, where they put a bracket in, which i had to have taken out a year later. When they took the bracket out they hit a nerve in my hip that went to my foot and resulted in drop foot and numbness in my foot. For a year i couldnt move my foot up and it was numb. It has gotten better but i will never have full control or movement of my foot. I could do things normal 10 year olds could do and i still have trouble with my foot. I used to ice skate and play soccer and had to stop. It sucks it wil be with me my whole life. There are a lot worse malpractice suits etc but when your ten and you have to stop doing the things you love its horrible.
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
August 19th, 2005 at 02:49am
i know. on LOST that dude's dad was the surgeon or whatever, and he killed that ladt who was pregnant because he was drunk. he wasnt even supposed to be in there.

and there's things like that all the time, like when women get infections from breast inplants, or some crazy things happen.
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
August 19th, 2005 at 03:19am
Yes, I own Mike! MUAHAHA!:
i know. on LOST that dude's dad was the surgeon or whatever, and he killed that ladt who was pregnant because he was drunk. he wasnt even supposed to be in there.

and there's things like that all the time, like when women get infections from breast inplants, or some crazy things happen.

meh...that's different.....if you are getting breast implants....then you should know the risk. if you actually need surgery....and the doctor fucks up....it's their fault...if you are getting some type of cosmetic sugery...then you are volunteraly putting yourself at risk.....so you deserve what you get.
hail_king_billie
Jackass
hail_king_billie
August 19th, 2005 at 06:28am
Long Lost Memories...:
I know a woman who had cancer, and got radiation treatment. It didn't work and now she's paralysed from the waist down. Eventually, her body will be completely paralysed. She rarely leaves the house. They tried to take a lawsuit against the hospital but they were overruled. So her and her family got absolutely ZERO compensation. Discuss mistakes in surgery.

Thats awful..
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
August 19th, 2005 at 11:03am
destiny_is_dead:

Yeah, there was once a story about a woman who had a baby who got accidently torn in that place, and the surgeon left the needle in her vagina by accident, adn she was wondering why it caused her so much pain every time she had sex.
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
August 20th, 2005 at 12:24am
rar:
Yes, I own Mike! MUAHAHA!:

meh...that's different.....if you are getting breast implants....then you should know the risk. if you actually need surgery....and the doctor fucks up....it's their fault...if you are getting some type of cosmetic sugery...then you are volunteraly putting yourself at risk.....so you deserve what you get.
yeah true, and there were some stories on the radio this morning, about this.

there was a guywho was getting surgery, and the doctor left scissors in him, and it nearly cut open his stomach
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 20th, 2005 at 12:31am
I think it's shit that docors, get so much crap.

yes mistakes will happen, but all these cases even though there are many are the minority of what goes on in hostpitals.

It's easy to judge but these doctors work long hours many who don't recieve proper pay, don't blame the surgeons blame the government for restricting the NHS which is the reason for malpractise.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
August 22nd, 2005 at 01:29pm
eberneezer_egghead:
destiny_is_dead:

Yeah, there was once a story about a woman who had a baby who got accidently torn in that place, and the surgeon left the needle in her vagina by accident, adn she was wondering why it caused her so much pain every time she had sex.
Thats creepy.
Register