The Q&A thread

AuthorMessage
Jenjenjen
Falling In Love With The Board
Jenjenjen
October 10th, 2005 at 04:01pm
i feel like dookie:
right, that first one is a G because the 3rd fret on the bottom E is a G, and the 5's on A and D make a power chord. the notes on the other strings just give the chords more depth.
and the second one is a basic tab. 0 is open string. so you play open E, then first fret E (which is F), 2nd fret E (F#), 3rd fret E (G), 4th fret E (G#), 5th fret E (A), 6th fret E (A#), 7th fret E (B), 8th fret E (C).

hope that helps Up

Hm. But how do you know that the one on 3rd fret is a G? And how do you know that the numbers on top are "just to give the chords more depth"?
Rage&Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Rage&Love
October 11th, 2005 at 02:56pm
i feel like dookie:
Rage&Love:
i'm teaching myself to play guitar so does anybody have any good sites they know of where it shows you the chords or even a site for green day chords??

www.mxtabs.net

Gro.:
Okay. I really need help here.

How does this become a G?
E----3------------------------------------------------------------
H----3------------------------------------------------------------
G----4------------------------------------------------------------
D----5------------------------------------------------------------
A----5------------------------------------------------------------
E----3------------------------------------------------------------

And what the hell is this?
E----------------------------------------------------------------
H----------------------------------------------------------------
G----------------------------------------------------------------
D----------------------------------------------------------------
A----------------------------------------------------------------
E--0--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8----------------------------------

I know all that basic stuff, f.eks what number the different fingers has. But I just can't get it right. Can somebody help? Please.

right, that first one is a G because the 3rd fret on the bottom E is a G, and the 5's on A and D make a power chord. the notes on the other strings just give the chords more depth.
and the second one is a basic tab. 0 is open string. so you play open E, then first fret E (which is F), 2nd fret E (F#), 3rd fret E (G), 4th fret E (G#), 5th fret E (A), 6th fret E (A#), 7th fret E (B), 8th fret E (C).

hope that helps Up

thanks for helping me out Retard
Franny.
Franny.
October 11th, 2005 at 05:23pm
Help Me.:
i feel like dookie:

hope that helps Up

Hm. But how do you know that the one on 3rd fret is a G? And how do you know that the numbers on top are "just to give the chords more depth"?

because standard tuning (from lowest to highest string) is EADGBE. and there are no sharps of flats between E and F (or B and C) so meaning there is a space between every other note. open low string is E, and no space so first fret must be F, and there is a space for the sharp so the third fret is a G. it's complicating unless you learn to read notes for guitar.

and for the G chord, it's a G major, that is why you need to press all the other numbers on top. the root note (the first note) is a G (third fret), that's why it's a G major chord (the chord is major when your fingers are in that position on the guitar. you can move your hand down two frets but keep it in the same position and it'll be an A major)
Jenjenjen
Jenjenjen
October 12th, 2005 at 08:52am
GreenDay420:
Help Me.:
i feel like dookie:

hope that helps Up

because standard tuning (from lowest to highest string) is EADGBE. and there are no sharps of flats between E and F (or B and C) so meaning there is a space between every other note. open low string is E, and no space so first fret must be F, and there is a space for the sharp so the third fret is a G. it's complicating unless you learn to read notes for guitar.

and for the G chord, it's a G major, that is why you need to press all the other numbers on top. the root note (the first note) is a G (third fret), that's why it's a G major chord (the chord is major when your fingers are in that position on the guitar. you can move your hand down two frets but keep it in the same position and it'll be an A major)

Hm. I think I understand some of it now. Just have to read through it 20 or 30 times.

Thanks for your help. Very Happy
Franny.
Franny.
October 13th, 2005 at 12:59am
^^^glad i could help!! Very Happy
XxXTreCoolXxX
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
XxXTreCoolXxX
November 2nd, 2005 at 02:08pm
This is going to make me sound kind of stupid, but oh well..

So, It's christmas in just under 2 months and I'm getting an electric guitar. Only problem is I only have £300 to get it with at the most, and I don't think my mum will even let me spend that much. I need the guitar, amp, strap and everything. Anyone have any ideas of a decent guitar I can get with the accessories I need for £300?
Tihana
Tihana
November 5th, 2005 at 06:05am
does any1 have tabs for syntisizer or do u know any sites which have tabs for synth?
gd of course....
Tihana
Tihana
November 8th, 2005 at 08:59am
princessinaleatherthang:
does any1 have tabs for syntisizer or do u know any sites which have tabs for synth?
gd of course....

so....any1?
Jenjenjen
Jenjenjen
November 8th, 2005 at 10:35am
What fingers do you use there? Is there any rule or do I just have to choose?
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
November 10th, 2005 at 05:58pm
Ummm...should I ask for an electric or acoustic guitar for christmas? i'd like an electric one but then you have to get all the amps and everything
so the question is- what's the best guitar for a newbie?
Franny.
Franny.
November 12th, 2005 at 01:24am
As Blood Races Down MyArm:
Ummm...should I ask for an electric or acoustic guitar for christmas? i'd like an electric one but then you have to get all the amps and everything

an acoustic would do just fine for a beginner. learn all the theory stuff, and when you're sure you'll continue with guitar, then get an electric. it's your choice, but i just think this would be a good way.
Gürkchen.
Jackass
Gürkchen.
November 12th, 2005 at 05:30am
As Blood Races Down MyArm:

i started with an electric guitar.
it wasn't really expensive, because i bought it on ebay. i'm absolutly content with it, even if it's not a gibson, fender, ibanez... or something like that.
i picked electric guitar, coz everyone told me it would be easier, so i don't know, i haven't tired the acoustic one.
and if you really know that you want to go on playing guitar then you can swith to a "better" guitar.
so, i don't know, it's my opinion. you what's right for you
State Radio
State Radio
November 14th, 2005 at 06:46pm
Where can I get that same white guitar BJ uses in concert?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 15th, 2005 at 01:20pm
I'm thinking of getting a guitar for christmas...I can't play, but my friend has taught me some very basic basics. I'm willing to put a lot of hard work into practising and don't mind how long it takes me to learn, 'cause its always something i've wanted to do. But i wanted to ask, is it very hard to pick up at first?
...Mike.&.Ike...
Idiot
...Mike.&.Ike...
November 16th, 2005 at 07:19pm
YAY! i just got a supris guitar but i want to start easy, what would be the easiest green day song to play??????
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
November 20th, 2005 at 08:35am
...Mike.&.Ike...:
YAY! i just got a supris guitar but i want to start easy, what would be the easiest green day song to play??????
dominated love slave.

i put the chords on the other thread.
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
November 21st, 2005 at 03:14am
...Mike.&.Ike...:

Brain Stew. Easy leik woa. Learn it in 20 mins.
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
November 21st, 2005 at 03:15am
bloodraine:
I'm thinking of getting a guitar for christmas...I can't play, but my friend has taught me some very basic basics. I'm willing to put a lot of hard work into practising and don't mind how long it takes me to learn, 'cause its always something i've wanted to do. But i wanted to ask, is it very hard to pick up at first?

I don't think so...just practice xcore.
It'll also depend on...you know, previous musical experiance, whether you have "the gift" (some people pick it up and comes to them naturally while others struggle), and having short fingers will ba a pain in the beginning.
GD_punk_rocker_13
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
GD_punk_rocker_13
November 21st, 2005 at 06:26pm
<_____________can u guyz see mi pic? i am new so i need to know if u can see it
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
November 23rd, 2005 at 08:06am
GD_punk_rocker_13:
<_____________can u guyz see mi pic? i am new so i need to know if u can see it

Can't see it sorry.