**AFI(A Fire Inside)**
October 20th, 2006 at 02:05pm
What are some good sites for bass tabs?
Less Than Jack
Falling In Love With The Board
Less Than Jack
October 20th, 2006 at 06:23pm
@ the strap conversation.

I have a levy strap. and a gibson les paul, and it holds it's weight really well. And it hasn't worn down or gotten lose or any of that stuff. So, go to guitar center and get a levy strap.
Smile
Franny.
Franny.
October 21st, 2006 at 12:10am
**AFI(A Fire Inside)**:

www.bassmasta.net
christie road
Addict
christie road
October 21st, 2006 at 01:31am
GreenDay420:
**AFI(A Fire Inside)**:

www.bassmasta.net
I go on 911tabs.com
I fought the lawn.
Idiot
I fought the lawn.
October 28th, 2006 at 10:30pm
I need to play a song for school assignment which would impress my teacher and be easy for me to play, I'M A BEGINNER.

Romance - My Chemical Romance; or Nothing Else Matters - Metallica? Or other suggestions?
Franny.
Franny.
October 28th, 2006 at 11:02pm
I fought the lawn.:
I need to play a song for school assignment which would impress my teacher and be easy for me to play, I'M A BEGINNER.

Romance - My Chemical Romance; or Nothing Else Matters - Metallica? Or other suggestions?

nothing else matters is pretty easy generally but it's a long song and there are some harder parts to it. romance...err i don't think i've heard the song but mcr songs should be pretty easy.

i'll suggest something by green day since it's easy and it should impress your teacher i think. something like wake me up when september ends is easy to learn and could impress.
**AFI(A Fire Inside)**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**AFI(A Fire Inside)**
November 1st, 2006 at 01:32pm
Hey, can anyone help me, im looking for 100% correct bass tabs to Green Days musical Espionage, and every website i go to has the tabs, but they are wrong.
cactus.
cactus.
November 2nd, 2006 at 04:22am
GreenDay420:
I fought the lawn.:

nothing else matters is pretty easy generally but it's a long song and there are some harder parts to it. romance...err i don't think i've heard the song but mcr songs should be pretty easy.

i'll suggest something by green day since it's easy and it should impress your teacher i think. something like wake me up when september ends is easy to learn and could impress.

The MCR song is actually a classical Spanish romance by Rodrigo Rodriguez. It seems a bit complicated, but I'm only a begginer too so I can't say for sure.
**AFI(A Fire Inside)**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**AFI(A Fire Inside)**
November 2nd, 2006 at 11:12am
go to guitarmasta.net
this link has every tab u would want.
Franny.
Franny.
November 2nd, 2006 at 08:23pm
A Shot To Remember:
GreenDay420:
I fought the lawn.:

The MCR song is actually a classical Spanish romance by Rodrigo Rodriguez. It seems a bit complicated, but I'm only a begginer too so I can't say for sure.

ohhhh spanish romance! didn't know mcr did a version =P it's a pretty cool song. there's a picking pattern and it's just different chords, i'm sure if you practiced you'd definitely be able to play it =)
FenderForever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
FenderForever
November 16th, 2006 at 04:49am
Basically, I'm asking what is the length of a jumbo fret #1 (first fret) and how big is it if it's a medium jumbo fret?

Thanks
**AFI(A Fire Inside)**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**AFI(A Fire Inside)**
December 3rd, 2006 at 12:24pm
where can i find good slipknot guitar tabs?
~tre's_lost_nut~
King For A Couple Of Days
~tre's_lost_nut~
December 3rd, 2006 at 12:37pm
Hey guys.
OK here is a long story but I hope you will still read it and try to help, cause I sure need some.

OK, I'm thinking pretty seriously about getting my first Bass. But I am beyond clueless.
I have never even touched a Bass before, I have no idea what kind of thing I should look for for a begininer, I don't know what kind of accessories I'll need, and I don't have a lot of money.
Also I'm not sure but I *think* I'm a left-hander. When I play air bass it only feels normal with my left hand. Will that make it harder to find something that suits me?
Also, my eyes just glaze over when I try and read specs and technical stuff, and of course tabs are a mystery to me. Will this stuff get easier with time?

Should I just give up now?

Also I've heard that it would be easier to just buy a cheap guitar first and move on to a bass when I've learnt that... is it true?

If any of you guys can help I'd really appreciate it.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
December 3rd, 2006 at 01:10pm
Never give up, that much I'll say. And are you a lefty or righty? If you get a lefty bass you'll grow accustomed to playing lefty. I'm a lefty but I play guitar righty because I learned with my brother's guitar and he's a righty.

I don't know about bass but I know if you get a starter kit you can get everything you need: amps, wires, headphones, instrument for about 150 - 250. That's how I got my first electric guitar.

Can't help with specific types though. But DON'T GIVE UP.
~tre's_lost_nut~
King For A Couple Of Days
~tre's_lost_nut~
December 3rd, 2006 at 07:28pm
Thankyou, that really does help.
Writing-wise, I am a lefty.. Part of me wants to play left-handed, but also I have a friend who wants to learn too and she's a righty, and I would like to share my bass with her.. so I don't know what to do. Meh.
The local music shop in town told me ages ago that their starter packs were about £250, and I'm not sure I can afford that. I will save up, though.

Thankyou for your advice. =]
cactus.
cactus.
December 10th, 2006 at 12:38pm
Nevermind :]
Elvis Impersonator
Idiot
Elvis Impersonator
December 11th, 2006 at 02:22pm
~tre's_lost_nut~:
Hey guys.
OK here is a long story but I hope you will still read it and try to help, cause I sure need some.

OK, I'm thinking pretty seriously about getting my first Bass. But I am beyond clueless.
I have never even touched a Bass before, I have no idea what kind of thing I should look for for a begininer, I don't know what kind of accessories I'll need, and I don't have a lot of money.
Also I'm not sure but I *think* I'm a left-hander. When I play air bass it only feels normal with my left hand. Will that make it harder to find something that suits me?
Also, my eyes just glaze over when I try and read specs and technical stuff, and of course tabs are a mystery to me. Will this stuff get easier with time?

Should I just give up now?

Also I've heard that it would be easier to just buy a cheap guitar first and move on to a bass when I've learnt that... is it true?

If any of you guys can help I'd really appreciate it.

i'm a bassist and bassists rule Wink
cort have some good stuff relatively cheap, but for under £200 you can have a squier jazz with an amp, which is what i started on. my dad even started using it in preferance to his £600 ibanez, so they're definitely a bargain.
i'm a fairly experienced bassist, so if you have any questions just pm me.
Blank_blank
Geek
Blank_blank
December 13th, 2006 at 12:40am
yeah_you:
ok i've got a question do all musicians read music. I play bass and for the past two months my teacher has been trying to get me to read music sheets. and its not that i don't want to but i can't remember any of them. I CAN READ TABS JUST FINE! but my question is do you have to be able to read music? do all great bassist read music?

You don't have to be able to read music, but it is really good if you can. It means that you can get music from alot of different sources and you can make your own tabs from other instruments eg:from a peice of piano music.
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
Geek
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
January 9th, 2007 at 04:59pm
[quote="KitKilledCuriosity"]
yeah_you:
ok i've got a question do all musicians read music. I play bass and for the past two months my teacher has been trying to get me to read music sheets. and its not that i don't want to but i can't remember any of them. I CAN READ TABS JUST FINE! but my question is do you have to be able to read music? do all great bassist read music?

Just learn how to read tabs. I've been playing guitar for a really long time, and I don't know how to read a single note.
Franny.
Franny.
January 10th, 2007 at 09:02pm
[quote="xXRootsxRadicalsXx"]
KitKilledCuriosity:
yeah_you:

Just learn how to read tabs. I've been playing guitar for a really long time, and I don't know how to read a single note.

i don't completely agree with that. yes, tabs are easier to comprehend, but sometimes if you're wanting to go one step higher in learning your instrument, learning to read notes will become beneficial to you.

i advise you to learn to read notes if you have the time to.

but no, i don't think all bass players know how to read music, but i'm betting that the majority of the good ones try to learn at one point or another.

if you need any help with reading notes, like specific things you don't understand, feel free to ask =)
Register