What does your family think of your band?

AuthorMessage
Rowley
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Rowley
August 29th, 2005 at 04:41am
I get no support at all, they want me to quit so they can have a peacfull day.

Is everyones family like this?
jonny krapuul
Geek
jonny krapuul
August 29th, 2005 at 01:30pm
no,my dad comes looking to every concert we make(that's in party's,clubs,and punk conferences(for non-contractual and non-financial support of whatsoever bands in some club,not big clubs anyway but we like it,what do i say we love it!)and my singer(and guitar player)dad brings us in his camper to every show
jonny krapuul
Geek
jonny krapuul
August 29th, 2005 at 01:31pm
oh yeah my mom stays home,she doesn't like punk,so my dad's comes...L)
kolourmekinky
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kolourmekinky
August 29th, 2005 at 01:50pm
I don't have a band quite yet, but my dad is so wrapped up in my music he keeps trying to hook me up with certain people. it's kinda cool, but at the same time, i wish he would butt out, and let me find my own band.....although he did hook me up with this one chick who has her own studio.....so i'm looking forward to doing some recordings...she's gonna let me use her drummer and basist too, to record my first song.

it'll be rad. Twisted Evil
cheese_for_a_day
Falling In Love With The Board
cheese_for_a_day
August 29th, 2005 at 02:15pm
well my paretns really couldn't care less..hah...they give me rides and shit to our drummers house when we have band practices and stuff, and sometimes let us have some here..but other than that.....errr...nothing really...
Avantidrummer
Geek
Avantidrummer
August 30th, 2005 at 07:05pm
My parents aren't bothered either, not that they really show. My dads been to a couple of our gigs and my mum says "oh, thats good" when I update her on things. My brother is in to music, he's mad about a few local bands, but he doesn't say much about mine. It's just like "oh yeah, my sisters in a band".
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 30th, 2005 at 07:56pm
I don't have a band...I have no musically gifted friends...Kel's dad tried to get us to start a band, but she didn't think she was good enough at bass...bless her.
Franny.
Franny.
August 30th, 2005 at 10:00pm
i don't get a lot of support to be honest. but they haven't asked me to quit yet cuz i'm sure they know the answer i will give. my dad's kinda ok with it, but my mom's a bit more sketchy about it. but i don't care, my band is the best thing that's happened to me since a looong time and i am not giving it up anytime soon.
Eliseth
Addict
Eliseth
August 31st, 2005 at 03:33am
they're saying that im playing too loud, too fast and very bad at all... Wink
User Not Found
Geek
User Not Found
August 31st, 2005 at 05:53am
I'm not really in aband but I play the guitar and my two friends and I are thinking about starting a band..
But only two of us can play little guitar and no one can sing =) and now I'm moving.. I'll stay friends with them but it will be a long way to go for band practice..

And oh (what you actually was talking aboutSmile
My mom doen't care really much. She thinks it's fun that I started playing guitar but it's not likes she's on to me all the time and asks what's going on and so..

sorry for the long message with no useful information.
jonny krapuul
Geek
jonny krapuul
August 31st, 2005 at 01:38pm
HaHaI'mDead:
I'm not really in aband but I play the guitar and my two friends and I are thinking about starting a band..
But only two of us can play little guitar and no one can sing =) and now I'm moving.. I'll stay friends with them but it will be a long way to go for band practice..

My mom doen't care really much. She thinks it's fun that I started playing guitar but it's not likes she's on to me all the time and asks what's going on and so..

nah,it's good,now we know you can play the guitar,theres lot of respect on that(i think)
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
August 31st, 2005 at 02:35pm
i don't have a band , i play alone...but my parents support me in any way...hehe...like my mum is an english teatcher n she aklways asks me to let her check my songs for any mistakes..hehehe...she can still dream of it but it's ok..sometimes..n my dad always asks me to play for him n stuff like that...my mum wants me to teach her....hehehe...but well. i'm lucky to have such good parents
NessyLamb
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
NessyLamb
August 31st, 2005 at 05:08pm
Me mum doesnt even know bout my band lol but its called difibulator wot a strange but cool name lol dw if ur parents dont like ur band, der prob aint it
Tycho
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Tycho
August 31st, 2005 at 07:44pm
My parents just ignore me, but when we get too loud they are like "TURN DOWN THE FUCKING SOUND!!!" lol, it gets kinda annoying cause then we can't really play...
User Not Found
Geek
User Not Found
September 1st, 2005 at 03:42am
jonny krapuul:
HaHaI'mDead:

nah,it's good,now we know you can play the guitar,theres lot of respect on that(i think)

oh okay.. Very Happy
Sammie
Idiot
Sammie
September 2nd, 2005 at 07:16am
my mum comes to everyone of my gigs...she has a picture form every gig.....is that sad?
Franny.
Franny.
September 2nd, 2005 at 05:33pm
Sammie:
my mum comes to everyone of my gigs...she has a picture form every gig.....is that sad?

nah, that's awesome. you're mom is cool.
Ahhhh!
Jackass
Ahhhh!
September 11th, 2005 at 06:28am
ehhh she doesnt like it... we rehearse in the basment...
cheese_for_a_day
cheese_for_a_day
September 11th, 2005 at 09:57am
GreenDay420:
Sammie:

nah, that's awesome. you're mom is cool.

i bet if my band had shows and shit and my mom went to any of them, she'd probably come up on stage and put us in certain spots so she could take pictures Rolling Eyes
Robbie
Robbie
September 17th, 2005 at 11:16pm
Well, my Dad is shocked because from his side of the family, records show I am THE first person to show any musical interest for 70 years.

My Mum has the occasional complaining session.

My 2nd guitarist's Dad has some fucking awesome guitars, and I guess he would be happy.

My bassist's parents are buying him a left handed bass, and they sound like they're being nice about it.

Drummer wise, the drum machine's parents were a coffee machine and an mp3 player, which means he's fucking brilliant and an keep going all night. Although we have a few human drummers.
Register