What does your family think of your band?

AuthorMessage
Eliseth
Addict
Eliseth
September 18th, 2005 at 05:05am
yesterday guitarist from my band lost her one and only guitar... it broke... just fell down...
ajthemistress
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ajthemistress
September 30th, 2005 at 09:54pm
My dad is my drummer (he has played since he was 12) and my mom Loves it. Brothers make sibling fun about it but they can go to hell.
mikeluvva
Geek
mikeluvva
October 4th, 2005 at 12:09pm
my family have all been in bands in their lifes so they were very supportive and come to all my gigs
love.
King For A Couple Of Days
love.
May 20th, 2006 at 08:36pm
my moms cool with it...she thinks that its good that im into the music scene and playing in my band....my dad he doesnt like it because he thinks it will interfear with my school work....(yea..right)
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
May 21st, 2006 at 01:58am
Robbie:
Well, my Dad is shocked because from his side of the family, records show I am THE first person to show any musical interest for 70 years.

same here! apparently no one in my family has any musical talent so they just don't do anything with music. that's why i'm kind of the weird kid cuz i show interest in music and musical instruments....
Biachan
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Biachan
May 21st, 2006 at 09:16am
Im not in a band, but my parents are super supportive. When people come over to jam, my mom likes it. My mom likes green day and nivirvana, so she likes our music and she never cares about volume. My dads a pianist, he doesnt really say anything but he buys equipment for himself and I can use it...like the mixer. Cool And he jams with me whenever he can. He will play green day with me sometimes... when hes in a good mood. So yeah, my parents are really nice.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
May 21st, 2006 at 03:59pm
Well... (This May Sound Weird) But Me And My Band We Are A Church Band.... We Play Church Music... Rock Church Music... But We Are Still A Church Band... My Parents Love Us Cuz We Play At Church Every Sunday...

But Then My Other Band... We Love To Rock Out And My Parents Hate That Band...
Greenzzz
Greenzzz
May 21st, 2006 at 04:33pm
they like it!
the're always watching when we play
Dom
Jackass
Dom
May 23rd, 2006 at 02:01pm
GreenDay420:
Robbie:
Well, my Dad is shocked because from his side of the family, records show I am THE first person to show any musical interest for 70 years.

same here! apparently no one in my family has any musical talent so they just don't do anything with music. that's why i'm kind of the weird kid cuz i show interest in music and musical instruments....

Yup, its the same with my family, i've tried teaching my brothers stuff but they can't seem to grasp it. My whole family seems really supportive of my band, giving me lifts to pracites. My grandads bought me my first electric guitar so their quite interested. They've not seen me play at any gigs yet though, the first time they will get to is at my brothers 18th in just over a week. Very Happy should be fun. my dad's renting a smoke machine for some reason...but im not complaining woooo
youbrokemy<3
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
youbrokemy<3

Mibba
June 5th, 2006 at 03:41pm
my dad is sooooo into my bass playing he sits around and listens 2 me jam and stuff and he likes his little "private concerts" i think he'd be estatic when i tell him we're gonna make up a band

i think he wishes he stuck with guitar

my mom doesn't care...i guess she like it

my parents are into rock music and stuff so yea its all good
TDM_Sandra
Geek
TDM_Sandra
June 10th, 2006 at 12:46pm
my parents think its cool that i use my 'talent' cuz they think payin for music lessons without playin music afterwards is silly
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 10th, 2006 at 02:07pm
Robbie:

My Mum has the occasional complaining session.

My 2nd guitarist's Dad has some fucking awesome guitars, and I guess he would be happy.

My bassist's parents are buying him a left handed bass, and they sound like they're being nice about it.

Drummer wise, the drum machine's parents were a coffee machine and an mp3 player, which means he's fucking brilliant and an keep going all night. Although we have a few human drummers.

i heard mavericks were crap.
Deadboy
Geek
Deadboy

Mibba Blog
November 27th, 2006 at 12:15am
my family thinks im just creating, writing, and recording noise. the only one in my family who really appreciates my band is my brother in law, Chris.
Toxic Narcotic
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
January 22nd, 2007 at 09:43pm
My dad actually likes my band....after we played, I was in the moshpit for the band that played after ours, and this one dude stopped right in front of me...so I was like ''what the fuck?!'' and I looked up, and my dad was just staring at me like ''WHAT THE FUCK!'' then after the show he's lke ''ya know...your band aint half bad!''
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
January 24th, 2007 at 06:46am
My parents approve.
That's all.
Complete Savage
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Complete Savage
January 25th, 2007 at 03:53am
L I Z A R D.:
My parents approve.
That's all.

I second that.
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
February 14th, 2007 at 02:48pm
mum was perfectly fine with it... started getting places... have a gig booked for tonight but a couple of weeks ago the temp drummer decided to take over and he got rid of me
Grabbed By The Wrist
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Grabbed By The Wrist
February 22nd, 2007 at 04:43pm
well, they don't say it out loud, but it's clear that they think we suck (my mom and dad are both song teachers). Ha ha..
Dom
Jackass
Dom
February 25th, 2007 at 01:35pm
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority:
mum was perfectly fine with it... started getting places... have a gig booked for tonight but a couple of weeks ago the temp drummer decided to take over and he got rid of me

that sucks loads. Its worst when you think the band has potential.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
February 27th, 2007 at 06:55pm
Complete Savage:
L I Z A R D.:
My parents approve.
That's all.

I second that.

I third it.

Especially since my dad's in a band too, and my brother's my drummer.
Register