D.A.R.E

AuthorMessage
ancient
Had A Life Before GSB
ancient

Blog
September 11th, 2005 at 04:58pm
Drug Abuse Resistance Education.

Do you think it helps kids from doing drugs?

I don't. Personally I have to say that when I went through the D.A.R.E program a few years ago I got a little more interested in drugs. I've never tried drugs and I never will, but it kind of makes you think "Wow. Just something like that can make you THAT happy?" I think that they shouldn't tell you the "good" things that drugs do to you and just the bad and eventually as generations by generations go into school and go through the program they won't know what the "good" things the drugs do to you are.
Gone_Never Comming Back
Geek
Gone_Never Comming Back
September 11th, 2005 at 06:00pm
Yea i dont think that DARE really helps anyone really.....
ancient
Had A Life Before GSB
ancient

Blog
September 11th, 2005 at 06:15pm
exactonizzle
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
September 12th, 2005 at 01:42am
DARE doesn't do shit. They teach it to younger grades because they want to get it in kids heads early on that drugs are bad, so they just are preaching to a bunch of kids who aren't listening and will forget it all in a year.
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
September 12th, 2005 at 02:26am
erm....im really not sure....i will probably need to look into this one...but it's likely that it is just the opposite....and they are wanting people to do drugs
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
September 12th, 2005 at 12:50pm
I don't think it does....
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 12th, 2005 at 05:31pm
nope
I think stuff like that does the oppisite
at first, I never considered doing drugs or smoking, or even drinking until I was twenty-one
but these geezers telling you what's not cool....I've done all before I was actually a teenager, had they left me alone I might have never done any of that
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
September 12th, 2005 at 11:35pm
exactly,

whats wrong with idiots anyway? i mean, make kids deathly afraid of drugs at an early age. muahahahaha.

but really, DARE trys to make you weigh the options and make you chose the right path,but thats TOO much of a risk
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
Jackass
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
September 13th, 2005 at 02:25pm
i have never heard of DARE before
but in pshe at school we always had anti-drugs talks and it didn't stop me doing most things. i gave up because i saw that i was slowly killing myself and hurting the ones i love.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
September 13th, 2005 at 10:39pm
it doesnt do anything. it's things like that that'll do completely different things to different kids. some will do what they want and listen and not get into drugs, while others will wanna rebel against it or will think it sounds fun or will just find it hillarious and make their own opinions about it.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
September 14th, 2005 at 01:22am
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
it doesnt do anything. it's things like that that'll do completely different things to different kids. some will do what they want and listen and not get into drugs, while others will wanna rebel against it or will think it sounds fun or will just find it hillarious and make their own opinions about it.

Everyone makes their own opinion about it. Not just the people who DO drugs. In fact, the people who give in to doing drugs for the most part(not everyone, making that clear so noone says I said EVERYONE who does drugs)are usually not making their own opinion about drugs, usually just doing it because their friends do.
GangControl
Jackass
GangControl
September 14th, 2005 at 12:09pm
At the end of the day its gonna come down to the persons choice, regardless of what they've been told, so i think support for those that do get into drugs is useful, therefore positive education needs to be given too. If its all negative, negative, negative the drug-taker could be pushed further into their mess.

If people are gonna take abusive substances, then they should know EVERYTHING about it so as they're not surprised when they get in shit. You should be in a safe environment and know what to expect, if you feel the need to enhance those crazy fun levels with a few chemicals.

The message that needs to be given is that you can have fun without alcohol, fags, or trippy drugs, possibly even more.

Whos fancies having no clue where they are or what they have done on (for example) a memorable night? not me.
Baguelle
King For A Couple Of Days
Baguelle
September 14th, 2005 at 06:35pm
I don't think DARE helps at all. Drugs will most likely always be around and we've all done our part in trying to stay away from them. I haven't done any drugs and I don't want to but I didn't need that stupid program to help me make that choice.
Speechless&Redundant
Geek
Speechless&Redundant
September 14th, 2005 at 08:59pm
DARE didnt do anything, I did it when I was like 11, and I think the only thing people at least in my class at the time would remember from it would be how the police officers gun looked really kool lol...but yeah Ive moved since I have taken it, but Ive heard from some of my old friends that the high school is now terrible because most people are drugies, and the ones that arnt drink lol so basically that whole town is screwed which means no one paid attention to the dare things
why_bother
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
why_bother
September 15th, 2005 at 05:06am
I'm sorry, but D.A.R.E. is a bunch of bull. plain and simple.
Sammie
Idiot
Sammie
September 15th, 2005 at 06:44am
I dont know what DARE is but I'll tall you drugs Ed in scotland does shit....just makes people know more about them....doesent phaze them at all. I know kids on my school that sell drugs!
why_bother
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
why_bother
September 15th, 2005 at 07:19am
I had D.A.R.E twice. let me tell you. it worked for me! Drugs are bad, kiddies! (<---sarcasm)
franzi
franzi
September 15th, 2005 at 12:37pm
dare is most stupid thing in the world. they blow the dangers of say, smoking pot, out of preportion. its disgusting how much they lied to me about drugs and alcohol. its all complete crap. and no, no kid will listen to a bunch of lame-ass cops. Rolling Eyes
i.am.hawt.
Geek
i.am.hawt.
October 13th, 2005 at 01:47pm
DARE doesn't do anything. they harldy told us anything in the program...but health this year really freaked me out. my teacher has to teach about frugs and wow. we had to watch a video on what happens to smokers and one person threw up. it really made me think about drugs but DARE was a waste of time.
TheFaggot
King For A Couple Of Days
TheFaggot
October 13th, 2005 at 02:21pm
Doing drugs or not is a personal desicion. Ok, knowledge about the topic is important, but people just have to THINK, and decide.

A couple of words, "Todays society". I think a lot of you know what I mean by that...
Register