Born To Be, Green Day (Much Music)

AuthorMessage
Tre_did_it
Idiot
Tre_did_it
September 13th, 2005 at 05:19pm
Ok, i was watching "Born To Be, Green Day" On Muchmusic, (A station In Canada) And i got to thinking Green Day are the new Punks for this generation. The generation before us all had The Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols. And the reason the punks of the new generation all know these bands is becasuie of musicians like Green Day. They have also opened up doors for new punk bands, like Leftover Crack. and also bubblegum punk like Good Charlotte, or Simple Plan. If you look on the inserts of some of these bands, in their "thank yous" most of them thank Green Day. All of the shit Green day have gone through since 1988 when their first CD came out, its amazing how they still had the courage to get on stage. after Dookie came out and they released Insomniac, all of their first fans left them and started to bad mouth Green Day. Insomniac sold about 6 million less CDs then Dookie did. even after all of that, Green Day still kept writing songs and recording. I just think that it is very inspirational. Please don't bitch at me but you can comment.
Soldasfreedom
Idiot
Soldasfreedom
September 13th, 2005 at 05:21pm
Tre_did_it:
Ok, i was watching "Born To Be, Green Day" On Muchmusic, (A station In Canada) And i got to thinking Green Day are the new Punks for this generation. The generation before us all had The Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols. And the reason the punks of the new generation all know these bands is becasuie of musicians like Green Day. They have also opened up doors for new punk bands, like Leftover Crack. and also bubblegum punk like Good Charlotte, or Simple Plan. If you look on the inserts of some of these bands, in their "thank yous" most of them thank Green Day. All of the shit Green day have gone through since 1988 when their first CD came out, its amazing how they still had the courage to get on stage. after Dookie came out and they released Insomniac, all of their first fans left them and started to bad mouth Green Day. Insomniac sold about 6 million less CDs then Dookie did. even after all of that, Green Day still kept writing songs and recording. I just think that it is very inspirational. Please don't bitch at me but you can comment.

I dont bitch.... Cool
christie road
Addict
christie road
September 13th, 2005 at 06:50pm
OMG! yay i watched it to ... did you watch evolution on much more music?? ramones to green day?!

anyway

yes .... i actually went through my GC and sum 41 cd's (cuz i dont ahve sp cd's) and on i think young and the hopeless gc thanks the ... and sum 41 i think thanks them on one of there cds.....
Catrin
King For A Couple Of Days
Catrin
September 13th, 2005 at 07:12pm
Name an artist who has NEVER had critisism. Green Day aren't an exeption.

They enjoy what they do and really don't think they could give a toss what people think of them.
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Falling In Love With The Board
Mike's Demonic Daunter
September 13th, 2005 at 07:22pm
(i like your icon)

Green Day aren't punk, to me anyways. But what is punk but a four letter word?
October
Geek
October
September 13th, 2005 at 07:24pm
Who would bitch to a guy saying something positive about Green Day =P?
Yeah, I agree with you. These three guys must have a LOT of courage...
Or lack of self-asteem.
I'll go with the first one.
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
September 13th, 2005 at 07:31pm
umm.. green day aren;t the reason i know 'bands like the ramones and the clash' ... infact.. iw as lsitneing to them.. BEFORE green day.
Catrin
King For A Couple Of Days
Catrin
September 13th, 2005 at 07:33pm
A WORN OUT DOUCHE!:
umm.. green day aren;t the reason i know 'bands like the ramones and the clash' ... infact.. iw as lsitneing to them.. BEFORE green day.
Yeah same here...
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
September 13th, 2005 at 07:34pm
Well...a lot of people are saying they aren't Punk but I disagree. If they have the courage to stand up and make an anti-Bush album no one has ever tried before and it completely risked their chances of being succesful ever again, I think that's damn Punk enough. People can have their opinions though...
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
September 13th, 2005 at 07:34pm
Yeah, Green Day doesn't choose my song preferences.

I like The Emo Song, and that has just about NOTHING to do with them.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
September 13th, 2005 at 07:38pm
I think this is a duplicate o_o But in like a different way....hmm
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
September 13th, 2005 at 07:44pm
Sheepo@_@:

Its a respectable thread.

Peopel around here need to be allowd.. to make a discussion.. this is a green day forum.... they need to be allowd to make a discusion that has questions.. if its a duplicate.. give them the asnweres they asked for..or yuor opinion.. cause ya know people love to give their opinions. if its a thread asking for pictures.. or videos.. or somethign direct that is a duplicate. give them the right link.. and be done.

But people should be allowd to create new discusions like this without being told its a duplicate and bash bash bash... this MB was made for discusing and talking about green day... not made for telling people to shut up and that your better than them.

you all tend to go out of your way to find out if a thread is a duplicate or not.. its very un neccessary and makes yuo look like a fuck. not you in general.. everyone on this board
jinx
Jackass
jinx
September 13th, 2005 at 07:44pm
Green Day arent punk, if anything they are punk rock
Sapphire!
Jackass
Sapphire!
September 13th, 2005 at 07:46pm
xXBillieOwnsXx:
Well...a lot of people are saying they aren't Punk but I disagree. If they have the courage to stand up and make an anti-Bush album no one has ever tried before and it completely risked their chances of being succesful ever again, I think that's damn Punk enough. People can have their opinions though...

Agreed. They did kind of what The Sex Pistols did during their generation about the UK. Rebeling and speaking their minds through music. And like xXBillieOwnsXx said, they had the guts to stand up and say that with the risk of getting critisized.

But then people argue with the fact that they're popular and on teen magazines so that makes them not punk. They don't have control over what little teenie bopper magazines they get put on. If they did I don't think they'd say "Hey, let's put ourselves on 17 magazine so all the little girls can drool over us!" . And they don't have control over what fans they have either.

So I guess it's just how you look at what punk really is.
Well I think of them more as rock now, but they still have punk in them I believe.
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
September 13th, 2005 at 07:48pm
Sapphire.:
xXBillieOwnsXx:

Agreed. They did kind of what The Sex Pistols did during their generation about the UK. Rebeling and speaking their minds through music. And like xXBillieOwnsXx said, they had the guts to stand up and say that with the risk of getting critisized.

But then people argue with the fact that they're popular and on teen magazines so that makes them not punk. They don't have control over what little teenie bopper magazines they get put on. If they did I don't think they'd say "Hey, let's put ourselves on 17 magazine so all the little girls can drool over us!" . And they don't have control over what fans they have either.

So I guess it's just how you look at what punk really is.
Well I think of them more as rock now, but they still have punk in them I believe.

yeah its how yuo look at it.. itsl ike.. beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

to an extent... punk is in the eye of the beholder... to an extent.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
September 13th, 2005 at 07:48pm
A WORN OUT DOUCHE!:
Sheepo@_@:

Peopel around here need to be allowd.. to make a discussion.. this is a green day forum.... they need to be allowd to make a discusion that has questions.. if its a duplicate.. give them the asnweres they asked for..or yuor opinion.. cause ya know people love to give their opinions. if its a thread asking for pictures.. or videos.. or somethign direct that is a duplicate. give them the right link.. and be done.

But people should be allowd to create new discusions like this without being told its a duplicate and bash bash bash... this MB was made for discusing and talking about green day... not made for telling people to shut up and that your better than them.

you all tend to go out of your way to find out if a thread is a duplicate or not.. its very un neccessary and makes yuo look like a fuck. not you in general.. everyone on this board
She or whoever can go rant their opinions on the What Are You Thinking thread [in my opinion] and I really nothing else to say Laughing
jinx
Jackass
jinx
September 13th, 2005 at 07:49pm
i dont think that just because a band was on a certain album makes them punk, its not their actions its their music
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
September 13th, 2005 at 07:52pm
Sheepo@_@:
A WORN OUT DOUCHE!:
Sheepo@_@:

She or whoever can go rant their opinions on the What Are You Thinking thread [in my opinion] and I really nothing else to say Laughing

well their post was green day related was it not.. here she is in the green day forum.. she posted rightly.
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
September 13th, 2005 at 07:53pm
!pow.:
i dont think that just because a band was on a certain album makes them punk, its not their actions its their music

Punk is sort of a package though too.. its a way of life..

deffinetly its music.. but its also a way of life... ya know?
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
September 13th, 2005 at 07:54pm
A WORN OUT DOUCHE!:
Sheepo@_@:
A WORN OUT DOUCHE!:
Sheepo@_@:

well their post was green day related was it not.. here she is in the green day forum.. she posted rightly.
:O eh, i dont care.
Register