Born To Be, Green Day (Much Music)

AuthorMessage
Ilse
Falling In Love With The Board
Ilse
September 14th, 2005 at 08:31pm
I think they sold out back in September.
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
September 14th, 2005 at 08:36pm
In my opinion...

-_-
Sapphire!
Jackass
Sapphire!
September 14th, 2005 at 08:58pm
Well whether people call them punk, pop-punk,
punk rock, rock, alternative, or any other label,
they're still gonna be the same Green Day and I'll
still think they're great.
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
September 14th, 2005 at 09:05pm
Sapphire.:
Well whether people call them punk, pop-punk,
punk rock, rock, alternative, or any other label,
they're still gonna be the same Green Day and I'll
still think they're great.

Indeed they are.
Thats the magic
of
Green Day.
Cool
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
September 14th, 2005 at 09:39pm
i went to FYE, this summer when i got 1039/sosh and Nimrod. Their other cds were in the section labeled 'punk' and the AI album was in 'pop/rock'. i thought that was interesting.
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
September 15th, 2005 at 12:20am
Okay...I just read the first page. This topic rocks. See, a topic should be encouraged ehre.

And one more thing....I noticed that ashley said that punk is just like a four letter word. That's true! I mean that everyone has a different meaning for it themselves. In my opinion, punk is doing and/or listening to whatever the fuck you want and not giving a shit what others think about you or about that. So, in my family, I'm punk. See, everyone in my family or very close freinds are like goody goody and all that stuff. They thought I always did what they thought whatever. Then last year...I got into GD (but because of my cousin, i did....but look what I became....heh). That changed me to become someone that didnt' follow everyone else. And I think that is what Green Day was trying to point out to the listeners: Punk is that. Don't just be someone who does everything they're told and expected to do. That's what I used to do and I learned form it.

That may have been hard to follow or really pointless. Whatever the point...I gave my opinion. Smile
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
September 15th, 2005 at 12:25am
okay..one more thing I forgot to add:

Punk music: Punk rock, hardcore punk, etc etc. What is it? It is music made the way THEY want saying what THEY want.

shit.....lost my train of thought again...if I remember...I'll post. heh
Tre_did_it
Idiot
Tre_did_it
September 15th, 2005 at 12:26am
Whatsername_:
Okay...I just read the first page. This topic rocks. See, a topic should be encouraged ehre.

And one more thing....I noticed that ashley said that punk is just like a four letter word. That's true! I mean that everyone has a different meaning for it themselves. In my opinion, punk is doing and/or listening to whatever the fuck you want and not giving a shit what others think about you or about that. So, in my family, I'm punk. See, everyone in my family or very close freinds are like goody goody and all that stuff. They thought I always did what they thought whatever. Then last year...I got into GD (but because of my cousin, i did....but look what I became....heh). That changed me to become someone that didnt' follow everyone else. And I think that is what Green Day was trying to point out to the listeners: Punk is that. Don't just be someone who does everything they're told and expected to do. That's what I used to do and I learned form it.

That may have been hard to follow or really pointless. Whatever the point...I gave my opinion. Smile
i compleatly agree with your definition of punk.. It is doing whatever you want and whenever you want..
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
September 15th, 2005 at 12:34am
Tre_did_it:
Whatsername_:

i compleatly agree with your definition of punk.. It is doing whatever you want and whenever you want..

Thank-you!
steph.
Banned
steph.

Blog
September 15th, 2005 at 12:43am
I thank Green Day. Before I heard BoBD on the radio, I listened to Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, and /THE BACKSTREET BOYS./ A couple years ago, I didn't have an effing clue. I was hopeless. xP

I wouldn't call them "punk", really. To me, they seem to have their own sort of music. Smile But that's just me.

It's about effing time I made an account on here, on a random note... oO
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
September 15th, 2005 at 12:56am
Well welcome to the board my freind!
steph.
Banned
steph.

Blog
September 15th, 2005 at 12:58am
Merci... something something something.

Well. Nearly seven years of French, and I can't even say 'thank you' properly. Stupid gazelle of a teacher. Blah.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
September 15th, 2005 at 01:05am
hehe. me=two years...or one and 4 days. lmfao I can only remember random shit like....J'adore...and other stuff.

Dude. Now I'm getting all like....hyper and stuff because I actually like let my thoughts out and stuff about the punk thang. lmao
steph.
Banned
steph.

Blog
September 15th, 2005 at 01:07am
Ohh. Ohh. I can say "the cat is black!" Wait. No I can't. OR CAN I? Um. "Le chat et noir," I think. oO

It's one of those things that I have to take from Gr. K until the end of highschool. Urgh.
Tre_did_it
Idiot
Tre_did_it
September 15th, 2005 at 02:25am
you all wanna know something.. i thought that this topic was going to be locked.. im actualy really fuckign suprised that i have so may replies. thanks to all the people that replied.. it really means alot knowing that people are actually intrested in what i say.. lol
jinx
Jackass
jinx
September 15th, 2005 at 01:57pm
Tre_did_it:
!pow.:
xX_DryIce_Xx:
!pow.:
A WORN OUT DOUCHE!:
!pow.:
i dont think that just because a band was on a certain album makes them punk, its not their actions its their music

Punk is sort of a package though too.. its a way of life..

deffinetly its music.. but its also a way of life... ya know?
yes i know, but being on Rock Against Bush doesnt make them punk ya know?
If it's only their music, I would consider Simple Plan as punk. But they sure as hell aren't. SP are pop/rock and Green Day are punk/rock I think, but it's really everybody's personal opinion.

Yeah. Green Day, No Doubt and The Offspring are the most inspiring bands of MY generation.

Green Day has been through a hell of a lot as I'm sure everyone on GSB knows. Yet, no matter what anyone says, they continue to produce great songs which I think is unbelievable because I have trouble just writting one song. And no matter how much critisism they get, they still make music for themselves. If other people like it, it's a bonus. But they aren't making music to follow a trend like SP are, they are making music to set the trend. They're out there, being themsleves, and that's truely inspiring.

No Doubt had some real bad days back in 1990. Their lead singer commited suicide and they were told they would never make it. But the three remaining members played tributes to John Spence and then they met Adrian and the band was great! But they still weren't accepted for their music anywhere than the underground ska scene. But slowly, as they changed - not to fit in, just changed - they were accepted. But then Eric left and they started to slip btu they got back together again and Gwen really held the band together until they released Tragic Kingdom. The point is they pulled together in the rough times instead of drifting apart. That's what made them the great band they were.

The Offspring never really had it that bad, but no matter how society changed, they kept to their style. And if you listen to Can't Repeat and anything of Smash, you'll realise they link together There were those who hated Pretty Fly 4 a White Guy and even later with Original Prankster but no matter what anyone said or did, they kept to their morals and that's a great lesson to learn in life.

One great thing about being in a band would be learning all those things and having that extra famiy that sometimes you feel closer to than your actual one.

But I'm not saying that the best bands are the older bands, it's just they show my point better.

PLEASE DON'T CRITISISE ME!
im not going to critisise you m'dear, and yes they are great bands, im just saying i dont think GD are punk and im no the only one, even thingy from thingy (famous punk band, cant remember which sorry!) said that GD arent punk
your thinking of Evoloution: From The Ramones To Green Day right?
nope, I'll find out
jinx
Jackass
jinx
September 15th, 2005 at 01:59pm
*Cat*:
Tre_did_it:
!pow.:
xX_DryIce_Xx:
!pow.:
A WORN OUT DOUCHE!:
!pow.:
i dont think that just because a band was on a certain album makes them punk, its not their actions its their music

Punk is sort of a package though too.. its a way of life..

deffinetly its music.. but its also a way of life... ya know?
yes i know, but being on Rock Against Bush doesnt make them punk ya know?
If it's only their music, I would consider Simple Plan as punk. But they sure as hell aren't. SP are pop/rock and Green Day are punk/rock I think, but it's really everybody's personal opinion.

Yeah. Green Day, No Doubt and The Offspring are the most inspiring bands of MY generation.

Green Day has been through a hell of a lot as I'm sure everyone on GSB knows. Yet, no matter what anyone says, they continue to produce great songs which I think is unbelievable because I have trouble just writting one song. And no matter how much critisism they get, they still make music for themselves. If other people like it, it's a bonus. But they aren't making music to follow a trend like SP are, they are making music to set the trend. They're out there, being themsleves, and that's truely inspiring.

No Doubt had some real bad days back in 1990. Their lead singer commited suicide and they were told they would never make it. But the three remaining members played tributes to John Spence and then they met Adrian and the band was great! But they still weren't accepted for their music anywhere than the underground ska scene. But slowly, as they changed - not to fit in, just changed - they were accepted. But then Eric left and they started to slip btu they got back together again and Gwen really held the band together until they released Tragic Kingdom. The point is they pulled together in the rough times instead of drifting apart. That's what made them the great band they were.

The Offspring never really had it that bad, but no matter how society changed, they kept to their style. And if you listen to Can't Repeat and anything of Smash, you'll realise they link together There were those who hated Pretty Fly 4 a White Guy and even later with Original Prankster but no matter what anyone said or did, they kept to their morals and that's a great lesson to learn in life.

One great thing about being in a band would be learning all those things and having that extra famiy that sometimes you feel closer to than your actual one.

But I'm not saying that the best bands are the older bands, it's just they show my point better.

PLEASE DON'T CRITISISE ME!
im not going to critisise you m'dear, and yes they are great bands, im just saying i dont think GD are punk and im no the only one, even thingy from thingy (famous punk band, cant remember which sorry!) said that GD arent punk
your thinking of Evoloution: From The Ramones To Green Day right?
Guy from the Buzzcocks said they weren't punk Smile and I agree with him, GREEN DAY AREN'T PUNK, if you do think so you have no idea about music genres. At all.
THANK YOU! finally someone who sees sense!!
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
September 15th, 2005 at 04:01pm
Sapphire.:
Bamboozler:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bamboozler:
Outside of Everything:
Quit saying teenie. Not everyone is a teenie, because they knew of them after American Idiot.

I totally agree with you. I got into them after American Idiot, and I'm not going to make any excuses why I didn't like them before because I shouldn't have to. Do I act like a teenie? No, I don't.. When people say teenie they should mean people who know the four singles and think they're hot and all that nonsense.

I still think teenie is a stupid word. So what if people think they're hot and only know 4 songs??? Who the hell gives a shit as long as they're happy?

Clap You're so right. It's they're choice to whatever they like.

I agree with that too.
But then I think it gets a little overboard when they start saying how
they want to kill Adrienne so they can be with Billie. Rolling Eyes

Yeah but that's not teenie really, that's just psycotic!! Lol.
anorexa_go_go
Geek
anorexa_go_go
September 15th, 2005 at 05:56pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Sapphire.:
Bamboozler:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bamboozler:
Outside of Everything:
Quit saying teenie. Not everyone is a teenie, because they knew of them after American Idiot.

I totally agree with you. I got into them after American Idiot, and I'm not going to make any excuses why I didn't like them before because I shouldn't have to. Do I act like a teenie? No, I don't.. When people say teenie they should mean people who know the four singles and think they're hot and all that nonsense.

I still think teenie is a stupid word. So what if people think they're hot and only know 4 songs??? Who the hell gives a shit as long as they're happy?

Clap You're so right. It's they're choice to whatever they like.

I agree with that too.
But then I think it gets a little overboard when they start saying how
they want to kill Adrienne so they can be with Billie. Rolling Eyes

Yeah but that's not teenie really, that's just psycotic!! Lol.

I agree with the psychotic part. And I also agree with the fact that it's okay to think Green Day is "hot" or whatever, or only listen to American Idiot. I mean, it's not ideal, but it's not a bad thing. I mean, there's no denying that Billie, Trè and Mike are good-looking, and American Idiot is a good album. Everybody has to start liking someone somewhere, you can't know all the songs as soon as you hear them. And if that means starting with AI, then good on the kids who have.
Bamf!
Jackass
Bamf!
September 15th, 2005 at 06:15pm
I don't thinkn they're ounk. I say they're just rock. If they were punk the music would be harder and louder. Heavier lyrics and stuff.
Register