The Offspring

AuthorMessage
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
August 24th, 2006 at 05:27am
dysLEXIa:
They're like my second favorite band, they rule. They're from this area too, which is pretty damn cool. Fizz

I am torn that Atom left the band! I'm not sure if he left for good, 'cause I've heard they're recording material for a new album (which would rock), but how would they do that without a drummer? And would it really sound the same without Atom? I mean, his drumming is kind of noticable, even through AVA, but that's just me. Anyways, if they do come out with a new album, which alot of people are talking about, I can't wait for it! =D
I love Atom, but he only drummed with them for Splinter. It was Ron who did all the other albums with them.
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
August 24th, 2006 at 02:15pm
That Ska Kid.:
dysLEXIa:
They're like my second favorite band, they rule. They're from this area too, which is pretty damn cool. Fizz

I am torn that Atom left the band! I'm not sure if he left for good, 'cause I've heard they're recording material for a new album (which would rock), but how would they do that without a drummer? And would it really sound the same without Atom? I mean, his drumming is kind of noticable, even through AVA, but that's just me. Anyways, if they do come out with a new album, which alot of people are talking about, I can't wait for it! =D
I love Atom, but he only drummed with them for Splinter. It was Ron who did all the other albums with them.
For recording or live? 'Cause I think Atom's been with the band for a while when it comes to live.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
August 25th, 2006 at 09:48am
dysLEXIa:
That Ska Kid.:
dysLEXIa:

For recording or live? 'Cause I think Atom's been with the band for a while when it comes to live.
He's only recorded Splinter with them. But he was drumming with them a year before they made Splinter. Very Happy
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
August 27th, 2006 at 02:48pm
01 - Enter
02 - All the Time
03 - Flying In My Mind
04 - Vociferous Shadows
05 - We Don't Have Sex Anymore
06 - Free Runaway
07 - Getting My New Life
08 - The World Hide
09 - If I Lie
10 - Pass Me By
11 - Broken Things
12 - Light Them Up
13 - Long Distance To Ride

These are the apparent names for the new album. Retard
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
August 29th, 2006 at 12:16am
Ska Is Bitchin'.:
01 - Enter
02 - All the Time
03 - Flying In My Mind
04 - Vociferous Shadows
06 - Free Runaway
07 - Getting My New Life
08 - The World Hide
09 - If I Lie
10 - Pass Me By
11 - Broken Things
12 - Light Them Up

=O That's awesome!! The album's coming out somewhere in October, right? Maybe?

Anyways, random, but who would be their drummer? You think Ron would come back? (ahah, checked my Smash album, he was the drummer. xD *slow*)
christie road
Addict
christie road
August 29th, 2006 at 12:17am
LOVE THEM
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
August 29th, 2006 at 04:24pm
dysLEXIa:
Ska Is Bitchin'.:
01 - Enter
02 - All the Time
03 - Flying In My Mind
04 - Vociferous Shadows
06 - Free Runaway
07 - Getting My New Life
08 - The World Hide
09 - If I Lie
10 - Pass Me By
11 - Broken Things
12 - Light Them Up

Anyways, random, but who would be their drummer? You think Ron would come back? (ahah, checked my Smash album, he was the drummer. xD *slow*)
Yeah, it's pretty soon.

I'm not too sure. I haven't heard about him coming back, but I haven't heard anything about a new drummer either.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
August 31st, 2006 at 01:09am
Ska Is Bitchin'.:
dysLEXIa:
Ska Is Bitchin'.:
01 - Enter
02 - All the Time
03 - Flying In My Mind
04 - Vociferous Shadows
06 - Free Runaway
07 - Getting My New Life
08 - The World Hide
09 - If I Lie
10 - Pass Me By
11 - Broken Things
12 - Light Them Up

Yeah, it's pretty soon.

I'm not too sure. I haven't heard about him coming back, but I haven't heard anything about a new drummer either.

I actually read at some site where Dexter was typing out a journal thing saying how the band's recording demos (durr) "while Atom's still touring". So possibly he's still there. Or if Ron comes back, either way, they rule. Fizz
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
September 2nd, 2006 at 03:12pm
dysLEXIa:
I actually read at some site where Dexter was typing out a journal thing saying how the band's recording demos (durr) "while Atom's still touring". So possibly he's still there. Or if Ron comes back, either way, they rule. Fizz
Legend. Dexter's 41 in October!
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
September 4th, 2006 at 01:55am
Whoa! And still fucking rocks!! That's amazing.

They are really underrated. Maybe it's timing or something, but they deserve more credit than they're getting...or that I've seen at least.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
September 4th, 2006 at 08:08am
I know. Everyone says they sold out with Smash! - I don't think they did. To be fair it is one of the biggest selling CD's of all time, but it deserves it's credit. It's a god damn awesome CD.
Ilse
Falling In Love With The Board
Ilse
September 4th, 2006 at 10:18am
dysLEXIa:

They are really underrated. Maybe it's timing or something, but they deserve more credit than they're getting...or that I've seen at least.

I've seen them on FUSE so many times, they get some decent credit there. But seeing as FUSE ins't standard with most cable companies...
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
September 4th, 2006 at 10:39am
September_has_Ended:
dysLEXIa:

I've seen them on FUSE so many times, they get some decent credit there. But seeing as FUSE ins't standard with most cable companies...
Compared to bands they get quite a bit of TV time, but compared to others they get basically nothing.

I've only ever seen them once on TV.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
September 5th, 2006 at 12:37am
I think I've also seen them on TV less than a few times. Most of their videos I've only seen a few times, minus Can't Repeat. That got some decent play on SURS when it first came out. But the rest of the videos, or some of them at least seeing how I've only seen a handful, I've only seen once or twice.

People say they sold out with Smash?! wtf?? That album defined the band! It has their roughest (that I've heard) songs, and that's selling out?! o_0 Some people need to get their heads out of the toilets.

I also need to get Offspring cds again. Now all we have is the Greatest Hits, a burned copy of Smash (that we once owned, god only knows where it is now) and we used to have americana and conspiracy of one, but again god only knows where those are.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
September 5th, 2006 at 04:07pm
I've never seen Can't Repeat on TV before. The first time I saw it was on the DVD.
Yeah, Smash sold something like 14 million copies really quickly [can't remember the exact length of time, but I can check later].

Get Ignition. It is completely underrated. Infact all their albums are fantastic. Very Happy I've learnt all of Splinter on the drums though. Very Happy
Michake
Geek
Michake
September 5th, 2006 at 04:10pm
i love them, i love them, i love them, i love them.
theyre one of those bands that no one has heard of but deserves to get played A LOT more than they do. (because they hardly get played at all)
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
September 5th, 2006 at 04:22pm
GreenDayWillNeverDie:
theyre one of those bands that no one has heard of but deserves to get played A LOT more than they do. (because they hardly get played at all)
I wouldn't say they are underrated, but they are definetly underplayed, even when they have a new album out.
Michake
Geek
Michake
September 5th, 2006 at 04:25pm
That Ska Kid.:
GreenDayWillNeverDie:
I wouldn't say they are underrated, but they are definetly underplayed, even when they have a new album out.

they have a new album out?

see i would know that if they were played
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
September 5th, 2006 at 04:30pm
GreenDayWillNeverDie:
That Ska Kid.:
GreenDayWillNeverDie:

No, not yet. It comes out in October.

What I mean is that when they do have a new album out, there isn't a lot of coverage/interviews/reviews of it.
Michake
Geek
Michake
September 5th, 2006 at 04:34pm
That Ska Kid.:
GreenDayWillNeverDie:
That Ska Kid.:
GreenDayWillNeverDie:

No, not yet. It comes out in October.

What I mean is that when they do have a new album out, there isn't a lot of coverage/interviews/reviews of it.

thank you so much for telling me!!! im excited

i smell birthday present!!!
Register