School Shootings

AuthorMessage
iDontCareNoMore
Geek
iDontCareNoMore

Mibba
September 29th, 2005 at 07:18am
Share your views on Columbine and other school shootings here.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 29th, 2005 at 07:51am
you have to give a topic opening, for example, give you opinion on the events?
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
September 29th, 2005 at 08:26am
Well of course I think its wrong. I don't expect anyone to think its good.
I don't know to much about the shootings though.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
September 29th, 2005 at 11:54am
I don't get why everyone blamed Marilyn Manson...but I guess he made some great points in his interview afterwards because it really is the parents fault..they're just looking for someone to blame. These kids obviously needed help but no one noticed..so i guess the teachers were to blame too...
kerplunk101
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kerplunk101
September 29th, 2005 at 01:36pm
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
I don't get why everyone blamed Marilyn Manson...but I guess he made some great points in his interview afterwards because it really is the parents fault..they're just looking for someone to blame. These kids obviously needed help but no one noticed..so i guess the teachers were to blame too...
yea i agree with you there Exclamation
xZildjianRockerx
xZildjianRockerx

Mibba
September 29th, 2005 at 01:42pm
That interview that michael moore did with marilyn manson was great. He came over so well and made some really intelligent points.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
September 29th, 2005 at 03:53pm
xZildjianRockerx:
That interview that michael moore did with marilyn manson was great. He came over so well and made some really intelligent points.
you stole that from my sig!!!!!!
and that interveiw sucked, Michael Moore blamed Clinton for it!
but that's what he does, Marilyn Manson came out great
talking about fear in advertisement too, I think the direct quote was, "buy this or they won't talk to you, wear this or she won't fuck you, then they try to scare us with the news after the commercial break and people only believe this stuff because there's fear and some one to blame"

okay, so I added the some one to blame part, but the rest was Marilyn Manson
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 29th, 2005 at 04:10pm
parts of the interveiw were rehearsed (if you couldn't already tell, you should know Michael Moore rehearses interveiws) but overall it's a good interveiw (and no I don't think the president influenced them, and I do think that the scare tactic works on America....I have another quote for that, le tme go find it)

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/view?&h=144&w=196&type=realmedia&rurl=www.bbc.co.uk%2Fdna%2Fcollective%2FA1050292&vurl=www.bbc.co.uk%2Fcollective%2Fpreviews%2Fmoore3_normal.ram&back=p%3Dcolumbine%2Bmanson%26fr%3DFP-tab-vid-t%26toggle%3D1%26cop%3D%26ei%3DUTF-8&turl=re2.mm-so.yimg.com%2Fimage%2F1792512652&name=moore3_normal.ram&no=8&tt=10&p=columbine+manson&size=1.0MB&dur=97&pld=800x600
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 29th, 2005 at 04:13pm
Jay: Why the big secret? People are smart, they can handle it.
Kay: A *person* is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.

Men In Black
iDontCareNoMore
Geek
iDontCareNoMore

Mibba
September 29th, 2005 at 04:24pm
I think that it's scary in the sense that this kind of thing can happen. For example, I know a girl who went to a school in Buffalo Grove. This girl got really mad at this guy because he made a hate site for her, so she wrapped up a knife disguised as a present, and then stabbed him in the back. It's scary to know that this kind of thing can happen in your own town.

As for Columbine, I have to admit, it was a scary event. But, it made people aware that kids can get guns just as easily as adults. Marilyn Manson, contrary to popular belief, was not one of the two shooters' favorite music artists. In fact, experts think they might have disliked him.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 29th, 2005 at 04:32pm
FateATwisted5-25-77:
I think that it's scary in the sense that this kind of thing can happen. For example, I know a girl who went to a school in Buffalo Grove. This girl got really mad at this guy because he made a hate site for her, so she wrapped up a knife disguised as a present, and then stabbed him in the back. It's scary to know that this kind of thing can happen in your own town.

As for Columbine, I have to admit, it was a scary event. But, it made people aware that kids can get guns just as easily as adults. Marilyn Manson, contrary to popular belief, was not one of the two shooters' favorite music artists. In fact, experts think they might have disliked him.
the whole reason he was blamed was because he was in their suicide note
Ilse
Ilse
September 29th, 2005 at 09:14pm
It all comes down to bulling. Think about it, the Columnbine kids were tortured beyond anything imaginable. Sure, they took it way to far, and it was wrong.

But think about it, if people weren't so close minded none of this would happen. All the kids that go out on a shooting spree were teased, face it.
well.durr__hXc™
well.durr__hXc™
September 29th, 2005 at 11:52pm
I think it's pretty scary...I mean what if a kid brings a gun to your school and decides to shoot people? Its just sad. I don't really like to think if that would happen.

And think, if school shootings continue to occur then they will probably have to check each student like if you were entering an airplane. Which isn't fair.
B.J
B.J
September 30th, 2005 at 03:54am
It is scary real scary
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 30th, 2005 at 10:43am
yes, so we all agree that it's scary, very good
iDontCareNoMore
Geek
iDontCareNoMore

Mibba
September 30th, 2005 at 02:30pm
spill_no_sick:
FateATwisted5-25-77:

Did they find a suicide note or was it on the Internet? Because the internet one is fake.
xZildjianRockerx
xZildjianRockerx

Mibba
October 1st, 2005 at 10:56am
spill_no_sick:
xZildjianRockerx:
talking about fear in advertisement too, I think the direct quote was, "buy this or they won't talk to you, wear this or she won't fuck you, then they try to scare us with the news after the commercial break and people only believe this stuff because there's fear and some one to blame"

Yeah, i stole that from your sig. That one quote formed my entire opinion of the interivew, without me having to actually watch it. Rolling Eyes
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 1st, 2005 at 12:59pm
xZildjianRockerx:
spill_no_sick:
xZildjianRockerx:

Yeah, i stole that from your sig. That one quote formed my entire opinion of the interivew, without me having to actually watch it. Rolling Eyes
it was just a joke actually
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 1st, 2005 at 01:01pm
FateATwisted5-25-77:
spill_no_sick:
FateATwisted5-25-77:

Did they find a suicide note or was it on the Internet? Because the internet one is fake.
no, they found the actual suicide note that the kids left for them
iDontCareNoMore
Geek
iDontCareNoMore

Mibba
October 1st, 2005 at 03:14pm
I think I understand why Eric and Dylan did what they did at Columbine. They were troubled, they needed help, and no action was taken. They were beyond help at that point. That DOES NOT mean that it was right. They killed people.

The question is, however, is WHY? Why was nothing done? Why did no one help them? The two were practically calling for help on their website, but no one seemed alarmed. These people should not be blaming the media. They should be blaming themselves.
Register