Topper Headon

AuthorMessage
White Riot
King For A Couple Of Days
White Riot
October 12th, 2005 at 06:15pm
Yeah,talk about Topper,and post pictures,and shit like that. But only about Topper (cuz of the other topics...)

I don't really know what to say. He's a good drummer,and he needs to smile more often,it makes me happy. See,look:
The Duck's Nuts
Falling In Love With The Board
The Duck's Nuts
October 12th, 2005 at 09:39pm
well, in a way it was kinda right to sack him, coz drugs are...bad. and yeah. it was affecting the rest of the band, too.
White Riot
White Riot
October 12th, 2005 at 09:47pm
question_everything:
well, in a way it was kinda right to sack him, coz drugs are...bad. and yeah. it was affecting the rest of the band, too.

I agree. But I really don't particulary care for Terry Chimes,cuz my clash book said he was just in it cuz he wanted to be famous,like he didnt care about the change and creativity thing.
The Duck's Nuts
The Duck's Nuts
October 12th, 2005 at 10:02pm
i do not particlary care for him either. Cool
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
October 12th, 2005 at 10:27pm
i dont know. i wasnt there or part of the band to judge.
Ahhhh!
Jackass
Ahhhh!
October 25th, 2005 at 06:12am
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
i dont know. i wasnt there or part of the band to judge.
indeed Coffee either way, he's a pretty good drummer.
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
November 8th, 2005 at 12:44pm
well yeah drugs are bad but smoking is a drug (yes i listened in science) & loadsa ppl smoked...
White Riot
White Riot
December 26th, 2005 at 11:53am
I love this quote:
"And there's that one where we turned those little boxes upside down and you got cow noises and sheep noises...I listen to that nowadays and think 'God,and they sacked me for for taking drugs?!'"-Topper Headon
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
August 14th, 2007 at 07:08pm
Just because this thread has been dead for ages:

It was after one of his shows at a pub that he was informed of the death of Clash frontman Joe Strummer. Obviously emotional, Headon said, "It's taken Joe's death to make me realise just how big The Clash were. We were a political band and Joe was the one who wrote the lyrics. Joe was one of the truest guys you could ever meet. If he said 'I am behind you', then you knew he meant it 100 percent."

omg topperz wel trendy Smile
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 14th, 2007 at 07:16pm
That's an interesting site... However did you come across it?
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
August 14th, 2007 at 07:17pm
The hairstyles one? I have no idea.
Actually, I think I was googling for a picture of him in his yellow suit & I just came across it. d:
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 14th, 2007 at 07:18pm
Topper to me, seems to be the one who tells The Clash stories nowadays. Where Mick and Paul do interviews about the direction and image and fashion and music and whatever, Topper always gives us a good story.

My favourite one has to be when he wrote 'Rock the Casbah'. I'll never forget that one in Passion is a Fashion. 'The look on his face' when Joe chucks his set of lyrics behind him. tehe Joe seemed like a right ass to Topper sometimes.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 14th, 2007 at 07:23pm
Timid Smiley:
Pssh, screw him. Though I do agree with his Topper analysis, the Stiff Little Fingers are brill. Snooty
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
August 14th, 2007 at 08:03pm
lmfao lmfao That's great. tehe

So I was at Rita's Water Ice yesterday and they were advertising their new sprinkles and such for on the ice cream so they had a billboard that says "Try A Topper!" Laughing I was gonna take a pic but I didn't have my camera. Molly I'm probably gonna go back tehe
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 14th, 2007 at 08:16pm
I hate not having my camera with me! I always take an obsessive amount of photos cause it's a bit of a hobby, so I always keep my camera with me. But today I decided to use my new purse and I forgot to take my camera out of the old one! Sad

Billboards are great photo opportunities, and I'm compiling a book, maybe, of Che Guavera pictures from everyday life, just as a ode to pop art kinda thing, because he's become so iconic, and I missed another picture of him I could've taken. omgno

Oh well.
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
August 14th, 2007 at 08:30pm
I alway take pictures when I see things music related (ex. the Stay Free maxi pad dispenser in the ladies room Con... someone made me delete it Molly) so I like having my camera with me, but yeah, I always seem to forget it when I want it.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 14th, 2007 at 08:35pm
Color Me Impressed:
ex. the Stay Free maxi pad dispenser in the ladies room Con
Eh

If I had seen that, I'd burst into laughter on the spot! Stay Free pad dispenser? What the hell?! lmfao
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
August 14th, 2007 at 08:37pm
I always see things clash related & my friends are all like Confused while I'm getting excited about something they have no idea about. tehe
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 14th, 2007 at 08:42pm
Stay Free pads though? What's that supposed to be about?!
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
August 14th, 2007 at 08:42pm

I've never even seen those before tehe
Register