Bird flu

AuthorMessage
Quit Reading My Name
Jackass
Quit Reading My Name
October 20th, 2005 at 11:41am
My friend's going to turkey for half term, and I'm kinda worried about her for it, but I don't know much about it. I'd panic if it did reach the uk, though...
*unwanted*
Jackass
*unwanted*
October 20th, 2005 at 12:35pm
isn't it possible for her to apply to get a shot of it or something? it should be!
GangControl
Jackass
GangControl
October 20th, 2005 at 02:34pm
The UK's good at disasters... if it comes it comes. Brares are gonna die, but it'll be sorted out.

The emergency services will handle it fine, im sure.

And, we have too much of an ageing population as it is.

A cull never did anyone any harm Wink

Population control.
*unwanted*
Jackass
*unwanted*
October 20th, 2005 at 03:03pm
Maybe you wouldn't look at it like that if someone close to you got the virus and died..
Fely
Basket Case
Fely
October 20th, 2005 at 06:00pm
god i hate all these illness's -_-
look by the time i'm like 30 by the amout of drugs and crap being pumped into my body to 'protect me' i'll be dead.*sigh*
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 20th, 2005 at 09:24pm
eberneezer_egghead:
What do you think of the bird flu case thats been going around Asia and killing birds and making humans ill? It has already reached Greece, how long do you think before it will reach the UK?

Give your views.

i have no idea but if i heard they already have a vaccine against it and theyre gonna use it if it gets to global proportions and starts spreading like a cold virus.
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
October 21st, 2005 at 06:26am
scares the shit out of me, please please please don't let it get to New Zealand, or even China. too many people i care about there and here
GangControl
Jackass
GangControl
October 21st, 2005 at 07:09am
*unwanted*:
Maybe you wouldn't look at it like that if someone close to you got the virus and died..

Maybe i wouldn't...

But dying is an essential part of life anyway.
*unwanted*
Jackass
*unwanted*
October 21st, 2005 at 10:05am
that is true.. and I actually agree with you o_0
it's just that when I think of all the kids loosing a parent or something, it breaks my heart
Falsely Accused
Geek
Falsely Accused
October 21st, 2005 at 12:36pm
bloodraine:
About bird flu:
Bird flu viruses do not usually infect humans, but several cases of human infection with bird flu viruses have occurred since 1997.The risk from bird flu is generally low to most people because the viruses occur mainly among birds and do not usually infect humans. The current outbreak of bird flu among poultry in Asia and Europe is an example of a bird flu outbreak that has caused human infections and deaths. The H5N1 (dangerous to humans) strain remained largely in South-East Asia until this summer, when Russia and Kazakhstan both reported outbreaks.Scientists fear it may be carried by migrating birds to Europe and Africa but say it is hard to prove a direct link with bird migration.

they said the virus could mutate and infect humans, causing a pandemic
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
October 21st, 2005 at 02:50pm
Falsely Accused:
bloodraine:
About bird flu:
Bird flu viruses do not usually infect humans, but several cases of human infection with bird flu viruses have occurred since 1997.The risk from bird flu is generally low to most people because the viruses occur mainly among birds and do not usually infect humans. The current outbreak of bird flu among poultry in Asia and Europe is an example of a bird flu outbreak that has caused human infections and deaths. The H5N1 (dangerous to humans) strain remained largely in South-East Asia until this summer, when Russia and Kazakhstan both reported outbreaks.Scientists fear it may be carried by migrating birds to Europe and Africa but say it is hard to prove a direct link with bird migration.

they said the virus could mutate and infect humans, causing a pandemic

Yup, concern about the deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu centres on scientists' fears it may mutate into a form that passes easily among humans, sparking a pandemic that may kill millions.
But im not worried...yet. No point in getting scared of something that hasn't happened.
GangControl
Jackass
GangControl
October 22nd, 2005 at 10:54am
*unwanted*:
that is true.. and I actually agree with you o_0
it's just that when I think of all the kids loosing a parent or something, it breaks my heart

Adult kids would loose a parent...

From what i gather, it will affect the elderly and really young people. Old people die from normal flu every year. However, babies is a bit more disturbing.

But if it comes, it comes. Not much you can do about it
*unwanted*
Jackass
*unwanted*
October 22nd, 2005 at 11:04am
it's said that it would most likely affect the weakest people in the society, but if a parent gets it he/she will die cause the virus doesn't have a cure
_rehabreject_
King For A Couple Of Days
_rehabreject_
October 22nd, 2005 at 02:47pm
Front page of todays paper:

Parrot dies of bird flu in British quarrantine

Parrot dies, front page of news.... the bird flu hasn't even been caught by any humans yet, has it?
Emily-Cool
Falling In Love With The Board
Emily-Cool
October 23rd, 2005 at 01:17pm
i soo dont want ppl 2 get it.. god it will b soo bad if it spreads...
DOOGLE!
Geek
DOOGLE!
October 23rd, 2005 at 06:26pm
that bird flu thing is scary! i dont want to get ill and maybe die! ive got so much more to do in life like...wel... i dunno lol but i still dont want to get ill off no bird lol
dejected-star
Geek
dejected-star
October 26th, 2005 at 10:05am
my firend said that he had it...so i think it is a posiblity that is already in the us...if it is not he was wrong...but i may be mistaken
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
October 26th, 2005 at 03:29pm
Aparantly its got here now... Confused A parrot got killed.
dejected-star
Geek
dejected-star
October 26th, 2005 at 04:04pm
boo
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
October 27th, 2005 at 07:38am
It could mutate and kill humans.
That doesn't mean it will.

A parrot did get killed by it in the UK. But the conditions it was living in were appalling anyway. (Or something like that... I read it in the paper.)[/b]
Register