Bird flu

AuthorMessage
whateveryasay
King For A Couple Of Days
whateveryasay
March 18th, 2006 at 02:56pm
Bloodraine:
whateveryasay:
Well, look at it in this way: really few people died from a bird flu and majority of them were - no offence - poor Asians who are almost - again no offence - sleeping in one bed with them. And I don't really know what people have to do to become infected, but that undoubtedly includes some actions in relative closeness to birds.

DO WE SHAG WITH PIDGEONS?!

sorry.

Well don't just go and stereoype then...

Poor uneducated Asians sharing a bed with a few mangy birds my arse.

More like unfortunate agricultural workers in the east who, through little fault of their own, have died of Bird flu. It has nothing to do with sexual contact...say, if you spent all your time feeding and looking after chickens and other birds, you're bound to have contact with them.

Don't get me all wrong, I didn't mean all the poor Asians not obeying a few rules of hygiene. All that could happen in a bit less developed countries of Europe, I dunno. The thing what I was trying to say was that from what I know it's not so easy to become infected by this virus. And well, the majority of people in countries of Eastern Europe have close contact with birds when they are boiling meat for a dinner.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
March 19th, 2006 at 09:14am
whateveryasay:
Bloodraine:
whateveryasay:
Well, look at it in this way: really few people died from a bird flu and majority of them were - no offence - poor Asians who are almost - again no offence - sleeping in one bed with them. And I don't really know what people have to do to become infected, but that undoubtedly includes some actions in relative closeness to birds.

sorry.

More like unfortunate agricultural workers in the east who, through little fault of their own, have died of Bird flu. It has nothing to do with sexual contact...say, if you spent all your time feeding and looking after chickens and other birds, you're bound to have contact with them.

Don't get me all wrong, I didn't mean all the poor Asians not obeying a few rules of hygiene. All that could happen in a bit less developed countries of Europe, I dunno. The thing what I was trying to say was that from what I know it's not so easy to become infected by this virus. And well, the majority of people in countries of Eastern Europe have close contact with birds when they are boiling meat for a dinner.

You can't get bird flu from meat. Unless you happen to be eating it raw, heat kills the virus.
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
March 19th, 2006 at 12:53pm
whateveryasay:
Bloodraine:
whateveryasay:

sorry.

The few times that children contracted the virus, it was when they were playing with birds or helping their parents. But you can't blame children for wanting to play or help. The rest of the time, it was mostly adults trying to make a lving.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
March 20th, 2006 at 07:22am
There have been several reports of bird flu in Croatia. I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina, right next to it. There's been a lot of panic about it here where I live. Let's just assume how many people would die if it was spread from one man to another. I hate even thinking about it. As for the curing, they have been said to give it only to people most needed which is elder people and children.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 20th, 2006 at 11:17am
Cut[e]:
There have been several reports of bird flu in Croatia. I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina, right next to it. There's been a lot of panic about it here where I live. Let's just assume how many people would die if it was spread from one man to another. I hate even thinking about it. As for the curing, they have been said to give it only to people most needed which is elder people and children.

That form of the virus doesn't exist yet, thankfully.

You have the H5N1, but that's only bird to human.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
March 20th, 2006 at 11:47am
Bloodraine:
Cut[e]:

That form of the virus doesn't exist yet, thankfully.

You have the H5N1, but that's only bird to human.

I know. But just the thought makes me shiver. O_O
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 20th, 2006 at 11:52am
Cut[e]:

Don't be scared.

Even if the virus does get to Bosnia and Herzegovina, there's no reason to say you should catch it. Just take precautions if and when it does happen. No doubt the virus will get to England soon enough, they have it in France already.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 20th, 2006 at 02:43pm
Bloodraine:
Cut[e]:

Don't be scared.

Even if the virus does get to Bosnia and Herzegovina, there's no reason to say you should catch it. Just take precautions if and when it does happen. No doubt the virus will get to England soon enough, they have it in France already.

if its not has serious has people are told by the government why is it then that all NHS staff will stay at work if the virus hits this country, also why is it that they are having drills about what to do if the virus gets out, Also my husband who works for the NHS has an ambulance computer officer has had to sign a contract saying that he cannot talk about what he reads on the papers that he has access to? He cant even tell me.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 20th, 2006 at 03:19pm
Magne:
Bloodraine:
Cut[e]:

Don't be scared.

if its not has serious has people are told by the government why is it then that all NHS staff will stay at work if the virus hits this country, also why is it that they are having drills about what to do if the virus gets out, Also my husband who works for the NHS has an ambulance computer officer has had to sign a contract saying that he cannot talk about what he reads on the papers that he has access to? He cant even tell me.

I never said it wasn't serious.

I was trying to reasure Ella and not make anyone panic. There is no reason for her or anyone else to panic. Yet.

I daresay the NHS staff would stay at work whatever hits the country. There would be no reason to disband them all. Why do they have fire drill in public schools mmn? Risk management, of course. Does that mean the school will set on fire tomorrow? No, but it might. Precautions.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 20th, 2006 at 03:22pm
Bloodraine:
Magne:
Bloodraine:
Cut[e]:

Don't be scared.

I never said it wasn't serious.

I was trying to reasure Ella and not make anyone panic. There is no reason for her or anyone else to panic. Yet.

I daresay the NHS staff would stay at work whatever hits the country. There would be no reason to disband them all. Why do they have fire drill in public schools mmn? Risk management, of course. Does that mean the school will set on fire tomorrow? No, but it might. Precautions.

they will have a lock in at the department where my husband works he will not even be allowed to see his family. But like you say there is no reason to panick its like the Mad cow dissease that happened they sorted that out almost straight away.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 20th, 2006 at 03:29pm
Magne:
they will have a lock in at the department where my husband works he will not even be allowed to see his family. But like you say there is no reason to panick its like the Mad cow dissease that happened they sorted that out almost straight away.

My aunt works in Infection Control and she told me not to panic so i'll be taking her advice...

If it comes, it comes. If I die, well, that's just the way of the world. I learned not to fear the unknown a long time ago...
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 20th, 2006 at 03:32pm
Bloodraine:
Magne:

My aunt works in Infection Control and she told me not to panic so i'll be taking her advice...

If it comes, it comes. If I die, well, that's just the way of the world. I learned not to fear the unknown a long time ago...

well if your caerfull all the time then whats the point on living, you have to take chances at some point, dont you????
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
March 21st, 2006 at 01:54pm
Cut[e]:
If I were them, I wouldn't be giving it to elderly people. Yes, they need to be cured too, but what about teenagers? Or children who won't be helped be cause the cure is being taken by someone else, possibly with more money.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
March 21st, 2006 at 01:57pm
I read an interesting novel a while ago, Plague by Malcolm Ross. It was about a similar strain of flu breaking out in Milton Keynes. Being a novel (and because most of them have happy endings), they found a cure. But from a scientific point of view, and to see how it was spread, it was interesting. The virus in the book wasn't airborne.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 21st, 2006 at 01:58pm
John Simm Is Love:
If I were them, I wouldn't be giving it to elderly people. Yes, they need to be cured too, but what about teenagers? Or children who won't be helped be cause the cure is being taken by someone else, possibly with more money.

As the elderly are vulnerable, drugs will always be distributed to the most vulnerable first, then once the vulnerable have been taken care of, we can start on the stronger people.

It's the same with a normal flu vaccine.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 21st, 2006 at 02:56pm
Bloodraine:
John Simm Is Love:

As the elderly are vulnerable, drugs will always be distributed to the most vulnerable first, then once the vulnerable have been taken care of, we can start on the stronger people.

the elderly and the infirm, children and people with serious illnesses
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
March 21st, 2006 at 03:01pm
Bloodraine:
John Simm Is Love:

I guess. I just feel that people with longer lives to live and more to contribute ought to come first.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 21st, 2006 at 05:41pm
John Simm Is Love:
Bloodraine:
John Simm Is Love:

I guess. I just feel that people with longer lives to live and more to contribute ought to come first.

Everyone has a right to live. Why should we take away someones life just so we get in first, when we are stong enough to resist the illness until more medicine comes for us?
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
March 22nd, 2006 at 09:06am
Coff:
John Simm Is Love:
Bloodraine:
John Simm Is Love:

Everyone has a right to live. Why should we take away someones life just so we get in first, when we are stong enough to resist the illness until more medicine comes for us?
Not everyone is strong. Just cos you aren't dying on the spot doesn't mean you don't have a bad immune system or an illness. And if the bird flu gets out of hand, it'll be a crisis. If there's a crisis, there'll be no time to think morally. It'll be everyone for themselves. Yes, everyone has a right to live, but when the crisis comes we'll need the strongest people to be safe and healthy. And besides, it isn't an illness that is easy to resist. So far it's been a 50% rate of people dying of the disease. And again, it's a virus, so it's extremely difficult to cure.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 23rd, 2006 at 06:50am
John Simm Is Love:
Coff:
John Simm Is Love:
Bloodraine:
John Simm Is Love:

Not everyone is strong. Just cos you aren't dying on the spot doesn't mean you don't have a bad immune system or an illness. And if the bird flu gets out of hand, it'll be a crisis. If there's a crisis, there'll be no time to think morally. It'll be everyone for themselves. Yes, everyone has a right to live, but when the crisis comes we'll need the strongest people to be safe and healthy. And besides, it isn't an illness that is easy to resist. So far it's been a 50% rate of people dying of the disease. And again, it's a virus, so it's extremely difficult to cure.

You just contradicted yourself. You just said that it should be given to the stronger, and then you said that it should be given to the people with the weaker immune system.

I think that its selfish if we don't give it to the more vunerable. Its also unethical. What, are we just going to forget about them?
Register