Peardrops

Blog
April 9th, 2007 at 09:56am
Janie Jones:
Tig:
I fucking LOVE the Hump De Bump video.
But I rarely see it on tv. :/

Same here Molly

It's so fun though. I got up and danced like a fool the one time I did see it on TV. Cool

It is a very bouncy video tehe
But omg, bald John Cheese
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
April 9th, 2007 at 03:51pm
lmfao Yesterday when I was watching it I went CRAZY bouncing around like mad and singing realllly loud.
Janie Jones
Falling In Love With The Board
Janie Jones
April 9th, 2007 at 05:01pm
Peardrops:
Janie Jones:
Tig:
I fucking LOVE the Hump De Bump video.
But I rarely see it on tv. :/

Same here Molly

It's so fun though. I got up and danced like a fool the one time I did see it on TV. Cool

It is a very bouncy video tehe
But omg, bald John Cheese

Am I crazy or does he look a tad like Justin Timberlake in that video? Shifty I'm all for the shaved head on him, actually, but that resemblance freaked me out.
Sylar
Sylar
April 9th, 2007 at 11:05pm
Justin Timberlake= God Image
FrankFuckingIero
Jackass
FrankFuckingIero
April 10th, 2007 at 06:35am
So I promised ya'll a concert review. This is long by my standards so brace yourselves. I shall take you threw every step of the RHCP concert on the 8th of April 2007 at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne, Australia.

First things first. The support act that made my eye twitch, Har Mar Superstar was by far the worst support act I’ve experienced, and I found it very disappointing to find that the Chili Peppers hand-picked this moron. I doubt there were many fans there that actually enjoyed his performance. Not even Fab Moretti from the Strokes (who featured on drums) could drown out the booing from the crowd. The best part of this guy’s performance was when he threw his sweaty clothes into the crowd, only for them to be promptly thrown back. The second best part was when he left the stage.

This paragraph is solely about the clothes that the band wore. Feel free to ignore it if it doesn’t interest you. Anthony wore black three quarter length pants, a white singlet, a black vest and black fingerless gloves that covered most of his forearm. John wore a red checked shirt and red pants. Chad wore a blue vest and black pants, while Flea opted to go shirtless and like Anthony and Chad, feature in black pants.

The band got on stage and started performing an instrumental jam session at 8:45pm. When Anthony soon appeared, they tore into “Can’t Stop” which was followed with “Dani California”, “Scar Tissue”, “Charlie”, a Ramones song (that I wasn’t familiar with), as a tribute to the Ramones and “This Velvet Glove”. Flea went on to wish us all a Happy Easter.

RHCP then departed the stage, but left John behind to perform one of his songs from his solo career, which was greeted with a full house of lighters. He was absolutely amazing and next time I have cash, I guarantee I’ll start my John Frusciante c.d collection.

When everyone returned, they performed “Snow (Hey Oh)” with Anthony putting a twist on some of the original lyrics. An extremely psychedelic performance of “Get On Top” was next, and I couldn’t help but notice how sexual “right on” sounded Shocked. “C’mon Girl” followed, and then John was again left alone on stage to entertain the crowd with a captivating guitar solo. As everyone returned, they tuned into another instrumental jam that led the way into “Hump De Bump” and I’m positive there wasn’t one person there that wasn’t dancing…except for Chad, perhaps.

Chad then jammed with “a friend of the band”, Josh, introduced by Anthony. Both on drums. As Josh ceased his playing, Chad led the way into “Right On Time”. Flea and John then got their turn to perform an instrumental while Chad and Anthony disappeared back stage.

When they reappeared they played “Californication”, and upon finishing, Flea grabbed a mic and thanked “the man in the purple underwear, all the way at the back of the crowd with a spot on his right testacle.” Shocked , he then went on to thank all that came and said that it was an honour to play for us all.

They then continued into “By The Way” (which blew me away), and Anthony said “thanks ya’ll for coming to the show”. This is where the whole band left the stage and the crowd cheered and longed for their return. 2-3 minutes later, Flea and John came out to perform yet another instrumental with Flea on trumpet and John on guitar. Soon Chad joined in as we awaited Anthony’s return. Flea in the meantime left me gobsmacked with his performance on the trumpet.

Anthony finally reappeared after a 7-8 minute instrumental and they slid into “Give It Away”. I’ve always loved how “give it away” sounds like one word. Mr. Keidis then stated “Thank you so much, we love you”.

This was again followed by an instrumental jam and a wait for Anthony’s return. It’s at this stage that I noticed Flea’s head always seems ready to fall off. Lmao. The jam morphed into a crazy jam, real Headbang stuff. Flea went on to tell us all “Be nice. Be nice this week. Be sweet. Be gentle.”

John then introduced and played some weird ass shit on some weird ass instrument and I loved it Very Happy That was to be our last bit of entertainment for the night by RHCP.

Anthony would’ve been disappointed with the amount of pot smokers there, and I was disappointed with the lack of “Under The Bridge”…but what are you going to do?

Summary: the show was brilliant. Absolute gold. I recommend the Chili Peppers, live, to everyone that loves rock n’ roll. But they really should put in a bit of an effort to get the crowd involved (with sing-a-longs or something like that). Otherwise, as I said. Gold.

I hope you enjoyed that review...even if it was a bit belated from when I promised it.
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
April 10th, 2007 at 04:34pm
Damn I want to see them in concert.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
April 10th, 2007 at 07:37pm
Tig:
Damn I want to see them in concert.

I second that. Cheese giveitaway now.
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
April 10th, 2007 at 07:40pm
And they played 'Get On Top'. I'm obsessing over that song right now, didn't think they'd play it on tour
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
April 10th, 2007 at 07:47pm
I know, I didn't think they usually played that one live. I'd looove to see it. Aleckz
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
April 10th, 2007 at 07:53pm
Sounded great. Now I want to see them. Will defintiely attempt to get tix next time they're in the area
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
April 10th, 2007 at 07:56pm
I rarely go to concerts, but there's this radio station downtown that has interviews and stuff is open to the public so I usually go and see bands I like there when they stop by. Hopefully they'll stop by next time they come here.
Sylar
Sylar
April 11th, 2007 at 03:10am
... Just over one week.
I'm actually a little excited about it all Shocked
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
April 11th, 2007 at 05:18pm
Libertina Grimm:
... Just over one week.

Just a LITTLE? Pshhh, you'll love it. Hand Wink
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
April 11th, 2007 at 05:19pm
The Fool On The Hill:
Sounded great. Now I want to see them. Will defintiely attempt to get tix next time they're in the area

Didn't you try to before? I thought I remembered you texting me something about it Think

I was so mad when they wouldn't come any closer than Cleveland and I couldn't go. Nobody comes to Pittsburgh because we have an old arena Cheese
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
April 11th, 2007 at 07:55pm
Sam tried... like a week before. He figured he might be able to get tickets and I had to constantly remind him that this is RHCP. Probably one of the biggest bands today lmfao.

Needless to say we didn't get tix lmfao
Sylar
Sylar
April 12th, 2007 at 08:46am
Janie Jones:
Libertina Grimm:
... Just over one week.

Just a LITTLE? Pshhh, you'll love it. Hand Wink

lmfao
Yeah, I know I will. It's not everyday you get to see the band you grew up listening to.
I can't believe it's taken over a month for me to finally let myself get excited!
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 11:10am
Ooh, they were definately one of the greatest bands i've ever seen live
The only disappointment at that gig was that Goldfrapp cancelled cause Alison was ill =[
The Chili's were absolutely phenomenal, though.
CopperheaD
Geek
CopperheaD
April 12th, 2007 at 03:00pm
my absolute favourite songs are give it away, under the bridge and she's only 18.
*sigh* Andy Keidis was my first love when i was 11
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
April 12th, 2007 at 08:16pm
...ANTHONY.

Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
April 12th, 2007 at 08:22pm
EHREN_HAS_A_BIG_GAP:
...ANTHONY.

YES PLEASE
Cheese I haven't read my book for days. Everytime I start something interferes with it.
Register