NEWS

AuthorMessage
whoa
King For A Couple Of Days
whoa
September 15th, 2006 at 05:24pm
They had a review of Rude Boy in some American magazine...I'm thinking...I don't know what I'm thinking. My friend Lydia gave the review to me. It says: Rude Boy *** 1/2 London's Burning! Sony It's the economically depressed, racially volatile spring of 1978, and heavy boozing Ray (Ray Gange) is the roadie for the Clash at the height of their powers. This flawed film lacks any real plot but is punched up by massive jolts of adrenaline as the Clash storm stages. Rude Boy makes clear why the initial surge of punk rock was as much a social as a musical imperative. I'll ask Lydia what magazine that was, unless someone already knows...It would have been from over the summer...
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 11th, 2006 at 05:12am
http://www.strummerville.com/news.asp

The Babyshambles and friends covered Janie Jones and its coming out on 30th october!
White Riot
White Riot
October 11th, 2006 at 04:04pm
The Babyshambles and friends....lmfao
That sounds funny
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 12th, 2006 at 01:59am
White Riot:
The Babyshambles and friends....lmfao
That sounds funny

I know. I still wonder how that will sound...
White Riot
White Riot
October 19th, 2006 at 05:31pm
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 20th, 2006 at 03:27pm
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 23rd, 2006 at 03:30pm
Ok so thank God I read the newspapers cause I bumped into this:
The biography of Joe Strummer «Redemption song» by Chris Salewiz was just authorized in Great Britain. It’s really a story of two men. The less familiar is John Mellor, a son of a diplomat who grew up in south London and in his forties settled down in Somerset, where he was taking long walks with his three dogs and reading books about generals in World War II and suddenly died of heart attack in 2002. His professional alter-ego was Joe Strummer, leader of The Clash. The book is a well written and detailed biography of “John Lennon of punk.” The author was intensely impressed by Strummer and The Clash. I translated this and I was very happy because I acctually found this article in my shithole of "a place I call home"
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
October 23rd, 2006 at 07:48pm
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
Ok so thank God I read the newspapers cause I bumped into this:
The biography of Joe Strummer «Redemption song» by Chris Salewiz was just authorized in Great Britain. It’s really a story of two men. The less familiar is John Mellor, a son of a diplomat who grew up in south London and in his forties settled down in Somerset, where he was taking long walks with his three dogs and reading books about generals in World War II and suddenly died of heart attack in 2002. His professional alter-ego was Joe Strummer, leader of The Clash. The book is a well written and detailed biography of “John Lennon of punk.” The author was intensely impressed by Strummer and The Clash. I translated this and I was very happy because I acctually found this article in my shithole of "a place I call home"

ooooooh thats a new bio on him
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
October 23rd, 2006 at 08:09pm
White Riot:

I actually might see that Clash exhibit because I'm working on a trip in April to go out to Ohio to look at schools, and I was planning to go the the Hall Of Fame on the way out. I'm trying to get out there around the 13th and 14th, so that could work out perfectly!
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 24th, 2006 at 06:01am
strummer92:

ooooooh thats a new bio on him
YES Cool
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
October 24th, 2006 at 10:45pm
awsome....another thing to my christmas list
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
October 25th, 2006 at 02:06pm
New biography:

£4 off in Waterstones

Cool

it's gotten some really good reviews
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 25th, 2006 at 03:50pm
FightWar,NotWars:
New biography:

£4 off in Waterstones

Cool

it's gotten some really good reviews
Yes, I heard so too. Ah if it comes to Croatia, I will buy it. Dont think its coming soon Sad
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
October 25th, 2006 at 04:50pm
i think it's on amazon.com

should be.
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
October 25th, 2006 at 04:52pm
well if i cant buy it cause i live in yankee doodle land
im going on ebay and hunting for it
White Riot
White Riot
October 25th, 2006 at 05:39pm
strummer92:
well if i cant buy it cause i live in yankee doodle land

lmfao
Same here.
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
November 7th, 2006 at 04:31pm
Besides the little article about GBQ, there's a much longer article about that new Clash exhibit in the Hall Of Fame. It's got a picture of Mick and Terry Chimes at the exhibit and a picture of Joe's Telecaster and a handwritten set list. The article talks about what they have in the exhibit and quotes Mick on his thoughts on the exhibit several times. Again, if I could scan it, I would.

Below the article it talks about a new box set of The Singles that's come out recently. It says it's got lots of previously unheard stuff and it quotes Mick again saying "We did a lot. Every record we made was different than the last one. We were always trying to improve".

Rolling Stone liked the Clash this month Cool There's also a big ol' article on CBGB if anyone is interested.
whoa
whoa
November 7th, 2006 at 06:27pm
My dad said he would take me to the Hall of Fame for Spring Break. He better. Or there will be some problems. Actually, last night while we were at dinner, he was making fun of me. He said, "Most girls want to go to Daytona Beach, or Cancun, or somewhere equally close to the equator, but you...You want to go to Cleveland."

I'll have to get that article from Lydia. She gets Rolling Stone too.
White Riot
White Riot
November 7th, 2006 at 09:50pm
Haha! I want to go to Cleveland too, but if my parents didn't take me the day Mick+the opening of the exhibit was up there, they damn sure aren't gonna do it when it's just the Clash exhibit. Sad
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 8th, 2006 at 04:37am
Dont even mention Cleveland cause I live on another continent... My friend and I have started collecting money, but so far all we do is steal from water fountains.
Register