One Year Since American Idiot Was Released

AuthorMessage
Beth (wgaf_218)
Jackass
Beth (wgaf_218)
November 14th, 2005 at 07:47pm
Well it's been about a year since American Idiot was released! Do you think your ... "feelings"... for lack of a better word... have changed at all? I remember for the first 6 months after the CD came out, I would freak out every time a song came on the radio or they preformed on TV I would tape it... now I usually change the station and half pay attention when they're on TV. What about you guys?
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
November 14th, 2005 at 07:48pm
...Actually, it was 2 months ago..
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Falling In Love With The Board
Mike's Demonic Daunter
November 14th, 2005 at 07:49pm
oh yes. dont even play.
nyeh.
Addict
nyeh.

Blog
November 14th, 2005 at 07:50pm
yes. I can't stand it anymore...
I'm glad it's popular because it's super good but... I've been ignoring GD lately.

But I remember how in love with AI I was.
I miss it in a way... ah good times Wink
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
November 14th, 2005 at 07:51pm
Well...I'll answer anyways. I still love it, but I'm worried about them...I sometimes wish they wouldn't overdo it, and other times I just wish that it wouldn't end...I'm such a contradiction @_@
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
November 14th, 2005 at 07:52pm
i still love the cd but a mnow annoyed w/ all the teenie boppers running around screaming BILLIE JOE I LUFF YOU !!! OMG LIKE ITS BILLY JO !!!! ugh
Expressway To Yr Skull
King For A Couple Of Days
Expressway To Yr Skull
November 14th, 2005 at 07:54pm
Viva La Stupid:
i still love the cd but a mnow annoyed w/ all the teenie boppers running around screaming BILLIE JOE I LUFF YOU !!! OMG LIKE ITS BILLY JO !!!! ugh
wow. is WITH really that hard to spell? c'mon.
and you can't even spell now right.
i put care in every post i make.
you should too.
Amy.
Amy.
November 14th, 2005 at 08:08pm
Jesus Christ Supermarket:
Viva La Stupid:
wow. is WITH really that hard to spell? c'mon.
and you can't even spell now right.
i put care in every post i make.
you should too.
Up Amanda
Jimmy's Kid
Idiot
Jimmy's Kid
November 14th, 2005 at 08:12pm
Beth (wgaf_21Cool:
Well it's been about a year since American Idiot was released! Do you think your ... "feelings"... for lack of a better word... have changed at all? I remember for the first 6 months after the CD came out, I would freak out every time a song came on the radio or they preformed on TV I would tape it... now I usually change the station and half pay attention when they're on TV. What about you guys?

*sigh* yeah, i'm exactly the same, i used to flip out every time their songs came on or they were on tv, but now.....it's just so overdone. I've seen like every song on tv, the radio has killed some of them, and I've seen them live (it was fucking amazing!). So now there's like nothing new, its all old now. I have a feeling, though, that once they release their next cd i'll start flipping out again, but i do think that AI has been a bit overdone (but i can understand it, AI like took over, literally, and they worked their asses off for it so....)
I 'Surrender' to Ben
Jackass
I 'Surrender' to Ben
November 14th, 2005 at 08:38pm
i am not putting down all of the people that have gotten over AI, but it is green day, they will never ever get old.........i still somewhat freak out when they play holiday on the radio, or when the BOBD vid comes on tv, but those songs are some of my favs, so i can see why some people are getting board!

me personally will never lose interest in green days AI, cuz the worked their fucking asses of for that cd!
like they said on the BIAB Very Happy
Tre lives in my closet
Geek
Tre lives in my closet
November 14th, 2005 at 08:44pm
I agree. GD is er....riding....on AI's popularity just a wee bit too much. I like their older stuff. The other day WMUWSE came on and my bro was like "ITS GD" i just shrugged my shoulders and he though i wuz sick. lol
Bamboozler
Idiot
Bamboozler
November 14th, 2005 at 09:03pm
Whenever I hear an old Green Day song on the radio or see an old video I get way more excited than when I see stuff from American Idiot. Too overdone.
Jordyn
Jordyn
November 14th, 2005 at 10:00pm
It's gotten repetitive. They're milking it for all it's worth. The end.
The Duck's Nuts
The Duck's Nuts
November 14th, 2005 at 10:01pm
it's been over a year. like a year and 2 months, there's also a thread similar to this.
The Duck's Nuts
The Duck's Nuts
November 14th, 2005 at 10:02pm
http://www.geekstinkbreath.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=33070&start=0

that's ^ similar-ish.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
November 14th, 2005 at 10:04pm
I still love them. And the C.D. I'm just sick of people. Everyone at my school thinks I'm not a really Green Day fan because according to them the only 'real' fans no longer like them. :/ I'm not sick of them, I'm sick of their teenie fans.
Jordyn
Jordyn
November 14th, 2005 at 10:06pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
I still love them. And the C.D. I'm just sick of people. Everyone at my school thinks I'm not a really Green Day fan because according to them the only 'real' fans no longer like them. :/ I'm not sick of them, I'm sick of their teenie fans.
Exactly. Because if you were a 'true fan', you'd think they were sellouts. Rolling Eyes

Since when was it about being sellouts?
Why can't it just be about the music?
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
November 14th, 2005 at 10:07pm
Be My Catastrophe:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Exactly. Because if you were a 'true fan', you'd think they were sellouts. Rolling Eyes

Exactly! Becuase fans don't like them

Wait.... what?
Huh.............................
Jordyn
Jordyn
November 14th, 2005 at 10:10pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Be My Catastrophe:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

Wait.... what?
No, the 'true fans' have been around since Dookie came out. And if you're a 'true fan', you'd think they were sellouts. I've been a fan since as far back as I can remember (Thank God for older sisters) and I don't think they're sellouts. People are just morons.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
November 14th, 2005 at 10:12pm
Be My Catastrophe:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Be My Catastrophe:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

Wait.... what?
No, the 'true fans' have been around since Dookie came out. And if you're a 'true fan', you'd think they were sellouts. I've been a fan since as far back as I can remember (Thank God for older sisters) and I don't think they're sellouts. People are just morons.

Yeah, I know. What I'm saying is the people who are like 'I'm a real Green Day fan' don't like them any more. Which wouldn't make them fans.
Yeah, I've gotten MORE into them since AI, but I've always liked them. I stole Dookie when my brother got it.
Actually, I think I'm more sick of that. Hearing people bitch about how they sold out. lol
Register