One Year Since American Idiot Was Released

AuthorMessage
steph.
Banned
steph.

Blog
January 8th, 2006 at 02:34pm
I didn't even know about Green Day since A.I. came out, and I discovered their old stuff in the summer, so I can't complain.
xxPrincess_Whatsernamexx
Geek
xxPrincess_Whatsernamexx
January 8th, 2006 at 08:05pm
I didn't know about Green Day until AI came along either but then I got some of their old stuff and found that i liked it alot better...and then there is the fact of the teenies who don't even know about 1,039 or Kerplunk or even Dookie...They only like GD for the AI singles!...And As FOr Gettting Excited when they come on the radio or on t.v. ...The radio no not as much as i used to....but t.v. yeah i kinda do....but i get really excited when they win awardz!
redc
Jackass
redc
January 8th, 2006 at 08:21pm
Beth (wgaf_21Cool:
Well it's been about a year since American Idiot was released! Do you think your ... "feelings"... for lack of a better word... have changed at all? I remember for the first 6 months after the CD came out, I would freak out every time a song came on the radio or they preformed on TV I would tape it... now I usually change the station and half pay attention when they're on TV. What about you guys?

Still loving it...and them! Very Happy
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 8th, 2006 at 09:19pm
redc:
Beth (wgaf_21Cool:
Well it's been about a year since American Idiot was released! Do you think your ... "feelings"... for lack of a better word... have changed at all? I remember for the first 6 months after the CD came out, I would freak out every time a song came on the radio or they preformed on TV I would tape it... now I usually change the station and half pay attention when they're on TV. What about you guys?

Still loving it...and them! Very Happy
me too but i used to listen to AI all the time, now i like listening to the old ones like kerplunk and dookie better
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 8th, 2006 at 09:20pm
GreenDayislife:
i flipout when they come on the radio, because its like a reflex now, but when old songs come on i flip out because im happy there not playing BOBD again. i still like some of their new songs but the older stuff is much better in my opinion. the other day i was telling my sister that i will be happy when the AI hype is over, because im tired of all the tennies and the radio stations only playing new stuff. i kinda want it to go back to the days when people , how do i put it, not that they didnt care about GD but that they werent as interested in them as other bands. im kinda afraid for the new CD to come out, im not sure why, probably because i wish they would make it like their old stuff but they probably wont because of the success of AI.

new CD?
Laurie*L.
Geek
Laurie*L.
January 9th, 2006 at 12:04am
i never thought i would get tired of watching one of my favorite bands' videos (that's because the other stuff i listen is 80's and down)
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
January 9th, 2006 at 04:31pm
thanks to ai I even heard about green day but now I have the old stuff but I love to see an old video I never seen before
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
January 9th, 2006 at 05:02pm
XxBillieOwnsXx:
...Actually, it was 2 months ago..

word. Cool
Drunkard
Jackass
Drunkard
January 9th, 2006 at 05:04pm
i havn't listened yto them for ages.. i dunno.. i still like their music but recently i think it's to quiet or to innocent in a way Neutral
Color (Me) Stupid
Geek
Color (Me) Stupid
January 9th, 2006 at 06:11pm
I found out they existed with AI (stfu). I bought the album before the Boulevard of Broken Dreams craze started cause a friend of mine told me they were amazing. And so I did. I didn't like it much at first, but grew on me and I really got obsessed when I started buying all of their albums and did a project on them for my spanish class. I can't remember the last time I listened to another band.

I've NEVER heard a Green Day song on the radio here. NEVER. I barely ever watch television, so I can't really say they've been overplayed cause at least here they haven't.

So. Yeah. Over a year, I've gone from not knowing who they were to being passionately in love with ever single one of their songs Retard
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 9th, 2006 at 06:43pm
Color (Me) Stupid:
I found out they existed with AI (stfu). I bought the album before the Boulevard of Broken Dreams craze started cause a friend of mine told me they were amazing. And so I did. I didn't like it much at first, but grew on me and I really got obsessed when I started buying all of their albums and did a project on them for my spanish class. I can't remember the last time I listened to another band.

I've NEVER heard a Green Day song on the radio here. NEVER. I barely ever watch television, so I can't really say they've been overplayed cause at least here they haven't.

So. Yeah. Over a year, I've gone from not knowing who they were to being passionately in love with ever single one of their songs Retard
exact same story with me
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
January 9th, 2006 at 07:16pm
It's A Non Stop Disco!:
Holy Hell,I'm a Teenie.:
yes. I can't stand it anymore...
I'm glad it's popular because it's super good but... I've been ignoring GD lately.

But I remember how in love with AI I was.
I miss it in a way... ah good times Wink
noone_really
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
noone_really
January 10th, 2006 at 09:15am
I get worried that they might just.... what's the word... you know... like they did with Dookie and Insomniac. AI's just become way too popular and people are expecting so much from them that they might... that word. Meh. I don't make sense. And I think they're overdoing it with the movie. That's probably the one thing I won't be looking forward to....

And I flip out everytime I see them on tv (but not when I see AI-era videos because I've already seen those one too many times...) because they rarely ever show/play any of Green Day's stuff here. So... Yeah. When insomnia strikes I watch MTV to try and catch When I Come Around or Basketcase or Macy's Day Parade (only videos I've ever seen being played here).... Nwahaha. And... I'm a new-ish fan (copy-paste Color (Me) Stupid's story minus spanish class project)
SARAnade
King For A Couple Of Days
SARAnade
January 11th, 2006 at 07:37pm
Viva La Stupid:
i still love the cd but a mnow annoyed w/ all the teenie boppers running around screaming BILLIE JOE I LUFF YOU !!! OMG LIKE ITS BILLY JO !!!! ugh

omg i totally agree..
SARAnade
SARAnade
January 11th, 2006 at 07:39pm
RockNRollHighSchool:
i still kinda get excited but, I usually switch teh station everytime Green Day comes on with new stuff but with old stuff its like wooo!!!!! I get all excited. I still respect american idiot and I don't listen to it often but sometimes I take it out of the dust and listen to it.

my thoughts exactly except i dont usually switch the station..a matter of lazyness i guess! lol
SARAnade
SARAnade
January 11th, 2006 at 07:52pm
jimmydied2day:
Jimmy's Kid:
Beth (wgaf_21Cool:

*sigh* yeah, i'm exactly the same, i used to flip out every time their songs came on or they were on tv, but now.....it's just so overdone. I've seen like every song on tv, the radio has killed some of them, and I've seen them live (it was fucking amazing!). So now there's like nothing new, its all old now. I have a feeling, though, that once they release their next cd i'll start flipping out again, but i do think that AI has been a bit overdone (but i can understand it, AI like took over, literally, and they worked their asses off for it so....)

i totally agree jimmy's kid

i second that agreement
Trouble Bound Castaway
Falling In Love With The Board
Trouble Bound Castaway
January 11th, 2006 at 07:55pm
I really did like their songs before some of the music videos came out. I like more songs than others...I still like Holiday, Extroardinary Girl, Whatername, Letterbomb, Homecoming and maybe Jesus of Suburbia.
will work for tacos
Geek
will work for tacos
January 11th, 2006 at 09:54pm
there wayy tooo overdone and all and yeah im happy that green days all popular and all but i cant wait for there new album yeah its too like mtv and mainstreme now. like all the preppy people at my school are like OMG BILLY JO IS SOOO SUPER SEXY I LOV3 BOLUVARD OR BROKEN DREAMS AND WAKE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDS!!! its sooo anniong i love there old stuff wayy more now.. but ai kicked ass and ruled the world when it first came out
=)
Idiot
=)
January 11th, 2006 at 11:13pm
Hmm....well yea. I am getting a bit tired of all the Green Day merchandise....it gets a little overwhelming at times. When your just like..."Oh My God, A Green Day watch?"

But as popular or unpopular as they'll ever be...I'll love them. Cool

And actually, every teenie or prep I know thinks Billie Joe is ugly. So, I don't really have a problem with the "Billy-Jo" loving teenies. Rolling Eyes
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 12th, 2006 at 05:11pm
noone_really:
I get worried that they might just.... what's the word... you know... like they did with Dookie and Insomniac. AI's just become way too popular and people are expecting so much from them that they might... that word. Meh. I don't make sense. And I think they're overdoing it with the movie. That's probably the one thing I won't be looking forward to....

i might seem stupid but i have no idea what the hell ur talkin about. what word?
Register