One Year Since American Idiot Was Released

AuthorMessage
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 12th, 2006 at 05:17pm
I still love Gree Day as much as i ever did, even AI, but it sorta kills a song when my 9 yr old bro starts wailin WMUWSE because its so overplayed
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 12th, 2006 at 05:18pm
**green
Color (Me) Stupid
Geek
Color (Me) Stupid
January 12th, 2006 at 05:18pm
WatchingTheClockTick:
noone_really:
I get worried that they might just.... what's the word... you know... like they did with Dookie and Insomniac. AI's just become way too popular and people are expecting so much from them that they might... that word. Meh. I don't make sense. And I think they're overdoing it with the movie. That's probably the one thing I won't be looking forward to....

i might seem stupid but i have no idea what the hell ur talkin about. what word?

Break up? That's not a word, but it's the only thing that sort of makes sense.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 12th, 2006 at 05:20pm
did they break up then? lolz im confuzzled
Color (Me) Stupid
Geek
Color (Me) Stupid
January 12th, 2006 at 06:22pm
WatchingTheClockTick:
did they break up then? lolz im confuzzled

... Rolling Eyes No. She's saying that she's afraid they'll break up because people are expecting so much from them now.
Baguelle
King For A Couple Of Days
Baguelle
January 12th, 2006 at 06:51pm
I've changed, I'm not recording or watching TV everytime they're on. It's too much to remember.
I think I've just grown. I'm still as obsessed, though. Very Happy
Expressway To Yr Skull
King For A Couple Of Days
Expressway To Yr Skull
January 13th, 2006 at 11:10pm
my year aniversary on this site is tomorrow...
Myla
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Myla
January 14th, 2006 at 11:27am
the songs like American Idiot, Boulevard of Broken Dreams and some others are really overplayed on TV/radio, but I'm sure that soon, after a certain period of time will pass and give a rest to these songs, everyone will go crazy about them again (as now about their old songs). Although I don't think that all the songs from American Idiot are overplayed, some of them occur rather rarely on TV, and they are not worse then those which do. Very Happy
Hyper Billie Joe Maniac!!
Idiot
Hyper Billie Joe Maniac!!
January 18th, 2006 at 01:44pm
Viva La Stupid:
i still love the cd but a mnow annoyed w/ all the teenie boppers running around screaming BILLIE JOE I LUFF YOU !!! OMG LIKE ITS BILLY JO !!!! ugh

well said.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 18th, 2006 at 06:34pm
Hyper Billie Joe Maniac!!:
Viva La Stupid:
i still love the cd but a mnow annoyed w/ all the teenie boppers running around screaming BILLIE JOE I LUFF YOU !!! OMG LIKE ITS BILLY JO !!!! ugh

well said.
seconded
Reality Is Due
Post Whore
Reality Is Due

Mibba
January 18th, 2006 at 06:37pm
Whoa in a few months,it'll be 2 years.Wow,feels like only yesterday I got Green Day mania.

I still love the CD too and I also hate how they've overplayed BOBD.I still listen to AI when I feel like it or one of the songs come up on AOL Radio.Jeez,they dedicated an internet radio station to play Green Day songs (and also The Network's "Supermodel Robots" once in a while"Winkand some songs that don't come up on albums (i.e. Ballad of Wilhem Fink,Favorite Son,Life During Wartime).
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
January 19th, 2006 at 09:38pm
Bamboozler:
Whenever I hear an old Green Day song on the radio or see an old video I get way more excited than when I see stuff from American Idiot. Too overdone.
*meggy72*wants2bminority
Geek
*meggy72*wants2bminority
January 19th, 2006 at 11:05pm
Beth (wgaf_21Cool:
Well it's been about a year since American Idiot was released! Do you think your ... "feelings"... for lack of a better word... have changed at all? I remember for the first 6 months after the CD came out, I would freak out every time a song came on the radio or they preformed on TV I would tape it... now I usually change the station and half pay attention when they're on TV. What about you guys?

hmm... i just found this thread... uh, well, i started liking Green Day and became an obsessive fan exactly one year ago about today!!!!! i couldnt watch them b4 american idiot because,well, i didnt have cable tv, or i didnt listen to radio or go online... pretty much i was a kid in the dark

but when i first saw american idiot and boulevard of broken dreams, i fell in love, and i still am, though, probably not as much... cuz its worn off a little... gettin old... but today, when american idiot came on MTV2 this morning RIGHT when i woke up, well, i got kinda happy cuz i hadnt seen it in a long time, and it was great for a change!!!! Razz
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
January 19th, 2006 at 11:26pm
I've definitely gotten into more music and i've gotten more obsessed with green day.

and i've grown ot hate my school even more Laughing
Poison Free
Geek
Poison Free
January 26th, 2006 at 07:17pm
i'm still happy when they come on, just i'm not as excited as i used to be. i think i might be liking other bands a bit more....they really need to have their new cd come out. i like yellowcard again, since their new cd came out.
it was refreshing going on the billie joe pic thread since forever, though...
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
January 26th, 2006 at 09:13pm
gah!!! its really borning now. like an hour ago, macys day parade was on and i was so happy. but you watch all of these live preformances on tv, same old, same old, brain stew, hitchin a ride, longview, i should shut the fuck up.....
manarchy
Geek
manarchy
February 4th, 2006 at 03:14pm
they started to be boring a bit
Ilse
Falling In Love With The Board
Ilse
February 4th, 2006 at 10:35pm
I feel the same I did about them 10 years ago. I still love them.

I just wish American Idiot would DIE.
Quit Reading My Name
Jackass
Quit Reading My Name
February 5th, 2006 at 04:44am
I miss the old times. I still pay attention, though. They're my idols, so I still listen to everything tey have to say, and pay attenetion to the stuff they do. ut I do change channel if WMUWSE comes on The video annoys me so MUCH! *growls*
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
February 5th, 2006 at 09:41am
i still love them and american idiot. i dont get why everyones dissing AI. if you dont like it, dont listen to it. get over yourselves
Register