Blog
April 29th, 2007 at 01:04pm
And, can you not call me by my name?
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
April 30th, 2007 at 07:51am
Anji:

For the third highlighted statement, in the Tudor era, do you really want to know the state of public sanitation, public execution, plagual death? There were pleanty of everyday things that most people today would find appauling. It's only until recently like the 20's that people became conservative about it.

I agree, I see stuff all the time that makes me gag.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
April 30th, 2007 at 06:50pm
In my opinion, violence today is simply more accepted. People see other people getting hurt, and they laugh, or walk away, or say said person deserved it.

People just don't care anymore.
Love
Love

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 05:02am
I agree.

Violence infact is everywhere. people get sensitized. It's in the news, in movies, in games, in books, etc. and the world "outside" adopts it.
think about it if you hear on the news something about another riot, or watch a movie where someone gets shot, do you think oh my God this is so bad, so violent? If you do, that's really great. Most people don't though. They see it day after day and don't even notice anymore what's actually going on.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 1st, 2007 at 06:04am
Love:
I agree.

Violence infact is everywhere. people get sensitized. It's in the news, in movies, in games, in books, etc. and the world "outside" adopts it.
think about it if you hear on the news something about another riot, or watch a movie where someone gets shot, do you think oh my God this is so bad, so violent? If you do, that's really great. Most people don't though. They see it day after day and don't even notice anymore what's actually going on.
I freaked out when I was watching American History X, and all of my friends were just like, "Get over it." They were watching a man get curb stomped, and they just sat there without the slightest bit of emotion.

Fyi, curb stomping is defined as "The act of stomping on one's head after it is postioned with a curb or other concrete object between the jaws. Usually results in the teeth of the victim going directly into the brain and killing them."
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
May 16th, 2007 at 03:22pm
Bloodraine:
Hundreds of years ago, out ancestors were burning pagans at the stake, crucifying men on crosses and using all kinds of torture devices such as racks and whips to kill or hurt people with.
Yet now we have 24 hour news broadcasts and the media displaying pictures that inform us of these atrocities.

Yup,
the world has aways been violent.
My mom has told me countless times that when she was a little girl (1960's) she would walk around the block to the candy store by herself and her parents wouldn't even second guess the idea of letting her because "it was safe back then to do those things." It's not that it was safer then now, it's just that with all the media coverage of missing and kidnapped children in the last 25 years, people have come to believe that lettting your child play in the front yard on their own is dangerous. But back in the '60's you didn't here about kidnappings and when you did, it was only once in a while.
It's the same thing with violence, as man kind has developed faster and easier forms of communication, man has become more aware of things, like violence
whatsername48417
Geek
whatsername48417
June 27th, 2007 at 11:09am
i think the world is...the other day someone pulled ofs the side of the highway and shot and killed himself!!!and i live in a really small town and fro sumthing like that to happen is crazy.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
June 28th, 2007 at 08:59am
Maiku's Kind Ghost:
Bloodraine:
Hundreds of years ago, out ancestors were burning pagans at the stake, crucifying men on crosses and using all kinds of torture devices such as racks and whips to kill or hurt people with.
Yet now we have 24 hour news broadcasts and the media displaying pictures that inform us of these atrocities.

Yup,
the world has aways been violent.
My mom has told me countless times that when she was a little girl (1960's) she would walk around the block to the candy store by herself and her parents wouldn't even second guess the idea of letting her because "it was safe back then to do those things." It's not that it was safer then now, it's just that with all the media coverage of missing and kidnapped children in the last 25 years, people have come to believe that lettting your child play in the front yard on their own is dangerous. But back in the '60's you didn't here about kidnappings and when you did, it was only once in a while.
It's the same thing with violence, as man kind has developed faster and easier forms of communication, man has become more aware of things, like violence
You know, I once saw something on the History channel about the history of serial killers and pedophiles, and it said that they've been around for ages, just no one really knew about them. It cited "Hansel and Gretal" as an example of a serial pedophile. It was really fascinating. This stuff has been around for years and years, but no one really knew it unless they were victims of it.
Mia-0210
Idiot
Mia-0210

Mibba Blog
June 28th, 2007 at 09:10am
The world was always violent, now it's just more televised. Coffee
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
June 28th, 2007 at 09:14am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
In my opinion, violence today is simply more accepted. People see other people getting hurt, and they laugh, or walk away, or say said person deserved it.

People just don't care anymore.
Naaah.
You see, people actually care now about violence. they didn't care about it in middle ages. violence was the punishment, you could kick your kid whenever you wanted to, but now if it happens a parent that kicked him could go to the jail/pay for it. it's not true that people don't care.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 29th, 2007 at 10:54am
I think nowadays the reprecussions of violence has a bigger impact. Though the punishment is weaker, people are less inclined to do something as basic as spend a night in jail. But centuries ago, if you could spend a night in jail for stealing rather than have your hands cut off, it's almost a free ticket to robbery. I think it's the taboo of people knowing that you were once in jail. People don't like that.
Christie__x
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Christie__x

Blog
July 2nd, 2007 at 11:43am
Definitely getting too violent.

After a few of my mates getting jumped in the past few weeks, I now carry a knife around with me just in case.

I miss the days when all you had to worry about were drunks getting a little too friendly. Now we have so much to fret over although I suppose I'm not helping what with carrying a weapon myself ://
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 2nd, 2007 at 01:37pm
Christie__x:

After a few of my mates getting jumped in the past few weeks, I now carry a knife around with me just in case.

I miss the days when all you had to worry about were drunks getting a little too friendly. Now we have so much to fret over although I suppose I'm not helping what with carrying a weapon myself ://
You realise you're only contributing to the Hobbesian 'race to the bottom', right?
Christie__x
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Christie__x

Blog
July 2nd, 2007 at 06:29pm
Anji:
Christie__x:

You realise you're only contributing to the Hobbesian 'race to the bottom', right?

there are too many out there who are too open about their intentions towards me.

I'm too weak to fight them off bare handedly

and if you actually read what i said you'd have seen i acknowledged that

fking hell, stop contradicting every single one of my posts. go and attack another new poster.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 2nd, 2007 at 08:45pm
Christie__x:
Anji:
Christie__x:

there are too many out there who are too open about their intentions towards me.

fking hell, stop contradicting every single one of my posts. go and attack another new poster.
She's allowed to contradict whatever she wants. When you post here you're going to be subjected to that, you do know that right? Dont get upset, thats why this forum was created, to debate.
Christie__x
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Christie__x

Blog
July 3rd, 2007 at 10:37am
robotchicken.:
Christie__x:
Anji:
Christie__x:

She's allowed to contradict whatever she wants. When you post here you're going to be subjected to that, you do know that right? Dont get upset, thats why this forum was created, to debate.

Yes I'm not daft, it's only rather overwhelming to have pretty much every single one of my posts followed by hers pointing out my faults.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 3rd, 2007 at 10:42am
If you carry a knife, do you intend to use it?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 3rd, 2007 at 10:29pm
Bloodraine:
WELL OF COURSE

File Unless you're going to slice my bread for me..
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 4th, 2007 at 04:14pm
Christie__x:
Yes I'm not daft, it's only rather overwhelming to have pretty much every single one of my posts followed by hers pointing out my faults.
Yeah, it's called debating. If you don't like it, then don't come on here, it's as simple as that. You so happenned to be the only person replying to anything at that time and I happenned to be bored and looking for someone to talk to.

Anyway, if you think that I'm intense, wait till Kurtni has a go at you.
Christie__x
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Christie__x

Blog
July 5th, 2007 at 02:40pm
Bloodraine:

I intend to use it in self defence but I tend to keep it well hidden until I'm convinced I'm in actual physical danger.
Register