Billboard Awards.

AuthorMessage
Rainbows in the Dark
Idiot
Rainbows in the Dark

Blog
December 6th, 2005 at 10:43pm
also what was with the crutch during holiday?
is it something too deep for me to understand?
x Miss Murder x
Geek
x Miss Murder x
December 6th, 2005 at 10:43pm
lostresdiosdeverde:
was it me or did it seem like billie had little to no eyeliner on?
and I didn't know they write their own speeches (like when billie talked about tom petty). this could just be me and my pecimism but did it seem like billie didn't care/didn't know what he was doing?

Well I think he didn't really know what he was doing.
But I find that cute. Very Happy
And after, he didn't know where to go. Laughing
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
December 6th, 2005 at 10:47pm
*dearly~beloved*:
lostresdiosdeverde:
and I didn't know they write their own speeches (like when billie talked about tom petty). this could just be me and my pecimism but did it seem like billie didn't care/didn't know what he was doing?

Well I think he didn't really know what he was doing.
But I find that cute. Very Happy
And after, he didn't know where to go. Laughing
Celebrities never seem to know where to go.

And I loved how his speech was on shitty paper and Mariah Carey's was on her palm pilot. AND written by someone else. Cool
DogNPonyShow
Geek
DogNPonyShow
December 6th, 2005 at 10:50pm
lostresdiosdeverde:

I know!!! It's like he forgot his little spotlight at home and stole some poor person's crutch. WTF?!

Yeah, and my mom noticed the lack of eyeliner too. "But he still has pretty eyes." What is it with my parents and Billie?! Dear lord.

And I have to agree with iamkiller, he's quite hot with the long hair. and the little newsboy cap he wears sometimes... Laughing
x Miss Murder x
Geek
x Miss Murder x
December 6th, 2005 at 11:00pm
DogNPonyShow:
lostresdiosdeverde:

I know!!! It's like he forgot his little spotlight at home and stole some poor person's crutch. WTF?!

Yeah, and my mom noticed the lack of eyeliner too. "But he still has pretty eyes." What is it with my parents and Billie?! Dear lord.

And I have to agree with iamkiller, he's quite hot with the long hair. and the little newsboy cap he wears sometimes... Laughing

Oh, that newsboy cap.... Very Happy
Don't get me started. Cool i HEART that hat XD
redundant_ellie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
redundant_ellie
December 6th, 2005 at 11:06pm
ummm what the heck their mic's suxxxed...i thought they were performing last? wasnt ready to record....do they perform twice??
redc
Jackass
redc
December 6th, 2005 at 11:06pm
lostresdiosdeverde:

Eyeliner here:

redundant_ellie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
redundant_ellie
December 6th, 2005 at 11:09pm
so they won 6 do they go up 6 times?
miss world
Jackass
miss world
December 6th, 2005 at 11:13pm
Ok is it just me or did I see Billie in the background when R. Kelly was doing that Katrina song? Cause they did say a lot of stars were helping him or something...
redc
Jackass
redc
December 6th, 2005 at 11:13pm
redundant_ellie:
so they won 6 do they go up 6 times?

No - they go up once and collect all 6 at once. Same with all the winners of mulitple awards - except Mariah Carrey she went up twice...not sure why and don't really care about her or her freakin' palm pilot.
redundant_ellie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
redundant_ellie
December 6th, 2005 at 11:19pm
^thnx for answering my ?
redundant_ellie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
redundant_ellie
December 6th, 2005 at 11:23pm
where is green day seating? close to stage or what?
redundant_ellie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
redundant_ellie
December 6th, 2005 at 11:24pm
what happens when they win one....they just seat?and pick it up later on????
redc
Jackass
redc
December 6th, 2005 at 11:53pm
redundant_ellie:

The 'category' when they go up is Modern Rock Song of the Year - listen carefully and the annoucer says they have won 6 awards and on the table beside them is around 6 awards...they all say something and then it's done and over.

Not sure where they are sitting, sort of close to the stage but to be honest I wasn't paying attention to when they got up and walked to the stage - I was just paying attention to when they go to the stage.
redundant_ellie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
redundant_ellie
December 6th, 2005 at 11:54pm
redc:
redundant_ellie:

The 'category' when they go up is Modern Rock Song of the Year - listen carefully and the annoucer says they have won 6 awards and on the table beside them is around 6 awards...they all say something and then it's done and over.

Not sure where they are sitting, sort of close to the stage but to be honest I wasn't paying attention to when they got up and walked to the stage - I was just paying attention to when they go to the stage.

thanx!
DogNPonyShow
Geek
DogNPonyShow
December 6th, 2005 at 11:59pm
*dearly~beloved*:
Oh, that newsboy cap.... Very Happy
Don't get me started. Cool i HEART that hat XD

I KNOW! god..I'm starting to sound like a teenie... Confused

OH...and why the heck did they thank the Blue Man Group?!
TresFine
King For A Couple Of Days
TresFine
December 7th, 2005 at 03:03am
i thought it was only five they won since they lost one to gwen
Bexxual
Idiot
Bexxual
December 7th, 2005 at 09:09am
on the news page on gsb it says they won pop group of they year so they were actually up for 7 not 6 cuz they lost the download to Gwen Stefani
green day fanatic
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
green day fanatic
December 7th, 2005 at 10:15am
i watched the billboard music awards yesterday and to be honest it kinda sucked. cuz i dont know it just seemed like there was too much rap involved or something. anyways i like green days performance of holiday but i didnt get the whole billie joe holding the crutch and the sound wasnt that great and i hate it when at award shows it always seems that green day always has to open the shows with their performances. not that its a bad thing but i rather have them perform somewhere in the middle or something. also i loved how they won all those awards but i didnt get how they won for best pop group. pop? i mean come on green day is not fucking pop. but they are the best group/band ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. so yeah they deserved all those awards. plus green day looked really hot that day especially billie joe with his long hair lol. i think after they make their new album billie joes hair will be as long as bo bice from american idol lol . that would be really hot. okay maybe not that long but probably shoulder lenght (sp?) that would be cool if green day toured again and billies joes hair is that long. i tell ya those guys change thier looks practally everyday lol. last but not least i loved when billie joe wrote his speech about tom petty. that was awesome cuz i love tom petty and the heartbreakers. overall if green day wasnt at the billboard awards it would have sucked ass really bad just like the american music awards. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
redc
Jackass
redc
December 7th, 2005 at 01:14pm
So lowdown of what they won:

Pop Artist -- Duo/Group – Green Day
Billboard 200 Album Artist -- Duo/Group – Green Day
Hot 100 Artist - Duo/Group – Green Day
Rock Artist -- Green Day
Rock Track -- Green Day “Boulevard Of Broken Dreams”
Modern Rock Artist -- Green Day

And these weren't awarded at the show.

Adult Top 40 Singles & Tracks -- Green Day “Boulevard Of Broken Dreams”
Catalog Artist – Green Day

So in total they won - 8 awards - holy pop batman!!
Register