Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 1st, 2005 at 03:39pm
Yeah I have, it's like one of my favourite Cradle of Filth songs xD
Fely
Basket Case
Fely
December 3rd, 2005 at 06:18pm
people are just going to start getting drunk at 8am and then there will be more fighting/riots,then the government will moan about it then hire more police then that will mean more riot against the police then the governmant will moan....etc
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
December 3rd, 2005 at 06:23pm
Swallow_My_Pride:
people are just going to start getting drunk at 8am and then there will be more fighting/riots,then the government will moan about it then hire more police then that will mean more riot against the police then the governmant will moan....etc

no like i said b4 when the novaltie wears of there will be none of this rioting in the streets. I still think that 24hr drinking is a must for the small pubs that are in my home town ( s wales) this is a must is people want to keep on working because bar work is the main work for that area.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 3rd, 2005 at 09:26pm
means i'll have to work longer hours at the pub then.......damn.
Rage&Love
Rage&Love
December 4th, 2005 at 07:22am
the government have obivously had there heads up there arses for too long.
They want to cut down on anti-social behaviour so they decide to allow 24 hour drinking....yeah thats gonna work!
24 hour drinking will just enforce people to go out and get even more pissed than they usually do cause they can be in the pubs and clubs for longer...it makes no sence to me
AnarKisTic
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
AnarKisTic
December 6th, 2005 at 10:01am
tre_cool_is_god:
it will eventually cut down on binge drinking because people will realise that there is plenty of time. And pubs had to apply for a bar extension before the new law and i think it'll be great for all the little pubs.

you're right it will take time, but it could actually work!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 8th, 2005 at 03:50pm
AnarKisTic:
tre_cool_is_god:
it will eventually cut down on binge drinking because people will realise that there is plenty of time. And pubs had to apply for a bar extension before the new law and i think it'll be great for all the little pubs.

you're right it will take time, but it could actually work!

we just have to change the mentality of the poeple in this country. France has long opening hours and they get next to no problems so why should this country be any differant?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 8th, 2005 at 03:51pm
France also has one of the highest death rates from liver faliure in the world.
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
December 8th, 2005 at 03:52pm
Oh yeah. Encouraging alcoholism is a wonderful idea, I don't think.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 8th, 2005 at 03:59pm
Closer to the Stars:

the goverment can not be held responsible for people's drinking habits if they want to go out and get hammered then that is they're right it is called "freedom" and the short hours the pubs are allowed to stay open is cutting our freedom in half.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 8th, 2005 at 04:02pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Closer to the Stars:

the goverment can not be held responsible for people's drinking habits if they want to go out and get hammered then that is they're right it is called "freedom" and the short hours the pubs are allowed to stay open is cutting our freedom in half.

But surely, the less hours alcohol is served for equals the less alcohol consumed equals lower rates of alcohol related diseases. See my logic?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 8th, 2005 at 04:20pm
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
Closer to the Stars:

But surely, the less hours alcohol is served for equals the less alcohol consumed equals lower rates of alcohol related diseases. See my logic?

then we will have to teach people about restraint.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 8th, 2005 at 04:21pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
Closer to the Stars:

What about their 'Freedom'?. No, on second thoughts, sod that. If something is available, people will take advantage of it.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 8th, 2005 at 04:28pm
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
Closer to the Stars:

What about their 'Freedom'?. No, on second thoughts, sod that. If something is available, people will take advantage of it.

in time poeple will learn restraint, if they cant do that then this country is doomed.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
December 8th, 2005 at 04:57pm
i think that it would be a good idea IF people could control their intake. the same amount or even a little bit more but over a longer period of time is not as bad. but in britain, there is a whole binge drinking culture and it will just get worse. most of them are young-ish adults who just go out to get drunk and drink as much as they can. it wont be pretty, i can tell you that.
fender
Geek
fender
December 9th, 2005 at 05:54am
all this is, is another huge step towards alcoholism. keeping the pups open for 24 hours is going to mean that people are gonna stay out ALL FREAKIN NIGHT and drink until they cant even remember who they are every night. where as when there was a curfew they could only drink a certain amout because there wasnt enough time. i think it is really fucking stupid. and our government needs to make its mind up and stop fucking contradictiong itself!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 07:23am
fender:
all this is, is another huge step towards alcoholism. keeping the pups open for 24 hours is going to mean that people are gonna stay out ALL FREAKIN NIGHT and drink until they cant even remember who they are every night. where as when there was a curfew they could only drink a certain amout because there wasnt enough time. i think it is really fucking stupid. and our government needs to make its mind up and stop fucking contradictiong itself!

Some of the pubs and clubs that have applied for longer drinking hour licences are only going to open two hours longer at the weekends and what is wrong with that they call last orders at the minute at 10:40 and they call time at 10:50 and they kick you out then at 11:00 and it's too early so they should have more right to decide when to call time.
fender
Geek
fender
December 9th, 2005 at 07:39am
tre_cool_is_god:
fender:

Some of the pubs and clubs that have applied for longer drinking hour licences are only going to open two hours longer at the weekends and what is wrong with that they call last orders at the minute at 10:40 and they call time at 10:50 and they kick you out then at 11:00 and it's too early so they should have more right to decide when to call time.

yeah fair enough, but that is still only SOME not all. and i know what alcoholics can be like. i know what it does to people...so i respect what you are saying, and i agree to some extent but i just dont want loads of people becoming alcoholics because it hurts thoose around them and its horrible
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 07:43am
fender:
tre_cool_is_god:
fender:

Yeah and i agree i have seen people addicted to drink and yes it is not a nice sight and yes it does destroy lifes, but i think that a bit of that comes from poor education that we get in this we are taught to grow up quickly and go out and earn a living. Perhaps schools should be made to show films about people with drink problems and how they can avoid it.

yeah fair enough, but that is still only SOME not all. and i know what alcoholics can be like. i know what it does to people...so i respect what you are saying, and i agree to some extent but i just dont want loads of people becoming alcoholics because it hurts thoose around them and its horrible
fender
Geek
fender
December 9th, 2005 at 08:02am
tre_cool_is_god:
fender:
tre_cool_is_god:
fender:

Yeah and i agree i have seen people addicted to drink and yes it is not a nice sight and yes it does destroy lifes, but i think that a bit of that comes from poor education that we get in this we are taught to grow up quickly and go out and earn a living. Perhaps schools should be made to show films about people with drink problems and how they can avoid it.

yeah maybe. but then there is another argument there for drugs. i mean in school you are told not to do drugs.. "they are bad for you" it is hammered into you from a very early age. thought you never get told what each drug can do..for instance no one really knows that ectasy can kill you the frist time you use it, and that it can make you really thirsty and then you drink so much your drown your brain and die. no one really knows how easy it is to get addicted to heroin or cocain. these drugs are not talked about enough so people are not familliar with the effects they can have or the addiction they can cause. this could be true for alcohol aswell but it is more known because it is legal
Register