Sinning

AuthorMessage
suicidalbunny*
Idiot
suicidalbunny*
November 28th, 2005 at 02:02pm
Morals are like syrup. They're OK in small doses, but if you have too much, or have it forced down your throat. You're most likely gonna feel sick.
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
November 28th, 2005 at 02:38pm
suicidal-x-bunny:
Morals are like syrup. They're OK in small doses, but if you have too much, or have it forced down your throat. You're most likely gonna feel sick.

Nice metaphor Cool
Or simile...or whatever they're called...
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
November 28th, 2005 at 02:49pm
TreIsCool32:
We all sin, everyday.
And if anyone says different, they're full of shit.
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker:
If Jesus died for my sins, then who's next...

.........cause I'm sinning like a MOTHERFUCKER!

H-F-P-R
Eternal Newbie...at your service
Lmao.

.....someone who appreciates.....my WARPED sense of HUMOUR

......................RUN for your LIVES!!!!!!!!!
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
November 28th, 2005 at 02:51pm
suicidal-x-bunny:

lol i like the metophor...... so true
suicidalbunny*
Idiot
suicidalbunny*
November 28th, 2005 at 03:10pm
Very Happy thanks. My RS teacher didn't agree when I used it to describe Religion.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
November 28th, 2005 at 03:33pm
Nobody expects or wants everybody to be perfect. To be a good person, you need to have made mistakes, realised your mistakes, asked for forgiveness for your sins(which is the big thing this seems to be missing. If you try to live without sin you don't like, what religion asks is that you ask forgiveness and truely are sorry)and learned from your mistake.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
November 28th, 2005 at 04:12pm
almost no one here will say strive to keep away from it

and sin is just a fault, everyone has their own sins or else they're the biggest asshole in history

I chose Christianity because it had the best system of morals and sins, especially the parts about lying

sin isn't just a Christian thing, and mistakes are part of human nature, most "sin" is obvious, lying will cause confusion, you don't need to make that mistake and find out the consequences later, they're obvious

some parts about sin are still a mystery to me, I don't quite understand the homosexual thing, but my hypothesis is: it if just a temptation God gave to the strong (like he tempted Jesus with the world if he would bow down to Satan, Jesus was strong enough to resist)(homosexuals can have gay thoughts, but not gay sex)

sin is inevitable, everyone has their system unless they feel everything they do is good and justifyable....but that would make them the biggest asshole in history and I already made a rule against Michael Moore in this forum
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
November 28th, 2005 at 04:15pm
dirtyhippie:
I'm thinking right now that "sin" is relative. You can only "sin" if you go against your own personal code...if you go against someone else's, it's their hard luck. If you go against society's, then they either slap your wrist, badmouth you or clap you in irons.

Some "sins" prohibited by the Bible are cool, lke no stealing or murdering. But "thou shalt have no gods beforeme"? Wow, want some swelled head to go with that ego?

you're saying if you created everything you would be cool if everyone bowed down to a statue and worshipped it everyday?
most people would kill off human kind for having more than one god at all!

and yeah, some sins are questionable, but tell me you could have come up with a better system than that when there was no other system to improve on
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
November 28th, 2005 at 04:31pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Pretty Like Drugs:
poison_fish:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
poison_fish:
paradoxical:
NeoSteph:
this is a very odd topic.

A human was designed with flaws, we are meant to sin, so yes we are all sinners....BUT if you ask forgiveness for your sins and learn from your mistakes then it's ok.
humans are flawed by nature. these flaws make us therefore perfect.
i love paradoxes...thus the name.
no body's perfect.

How can you say that though? As far as we know, they MAY be someone out there who is society's idea of perfect. We will never know. We don't know everyone in the world.
because perfect has a different definition to different people in different societies for example, perhaps for someone to be perfect in the catholic society that person would have to be a part of the catholic religion and do all that God wishes them to, however, that same person, although perfect in their own society would perhaps not be considered perfect to one of another religion because to be perfect to them they would have to be a part of THAT religion.

im really not good at explaining things, but i try...
fuck. you stole my thunder, i was gonna come down on her.
lol. don't mind me.

No need to come "down on me". I agree with you both infact, I was just saying we shall never know. I was just giving a different view, I didn't say that it was what I thought. I know a couple of people who think like that. I disagree with them, but whatever.
Like I said, don't mind me. I'm not looking for an argument. Just can't seem to resist disagreeing with people in this forum
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
November 28th, 2005 at 04:40pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Pretty Like Drugs:
poison_fish:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
poison_fish:
paradoxical:
NeoSteph:
this is a very odd topic.

A human was designed with flaws, we are meant to sin, so yes we are all sinners....BUT if you ask forgiveness for your sins and learn from your mistakes then it's ok.
humans are flawed by nature. these flaws make us therefore perfect.
i love paradoxes...thus the name.
no body's perfect.

How can you say that though? As far as we know, they MAY be someone out there who is society's idea of perfect. We will never know. We don't know everyone in the world.
because perfect has a different definition to different people in different societies for example, perhaps for someone to be perfect in the catholic society that person would have to be a part of the catholic religion and do all that God wishes them to, however, that same person, although perfect in their own society would perhaps not be considered perfect to one of another religion because to be perfect to them they would have to be a part of THAT religion.

im really not good at explaining things, but i try...
fuck. you stole my thunder, i was gonna come down on her.
lol. don't mind me.

No need to come "down on me". I agree with you both infact, I was just saying we shall never know. I was just giving a different view, I didn't say that it was what I thought. I know a couple of people who think like that. I disagree with them, but whatever.
Like I said, don't mind me. I'm not looking for an argument. Just can't seem to resist disagreeing with people in this forum
I should make that a rule, I hate when people disagree just to look cool, "hey look, we're the disagreeing minority", NO! just because you're saying retarded things like 'all war is bad' doesn't mean 60% of the country is saying the same retarded thing.....

not like I'm coming down on you or anything....

and no one is society's version of perfect, there is no one who is completely honest, try going one week without ANY lie, that means comming clean and not carrying out your old lies, try it for a week, it's hard to do that, it's only possible to never lie if you never meet anyone in your life....but then try not to lie to yourself and say everything's alright

and even if the 1/0 chance that happens, there are a million other things you shouldn't do that you will
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
November 28th, 2005 at 04:46pm
[quote="spill_no_sick]not like I'm coming down on you or anything[/quote]just to make it clear, if you read top of page two you will see I had an actual, valid point. What I meant was, if I had something worthwhile to say, I can't resist not saying it.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
November 28th, 2005 at 04:49pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
[quote="spill_no_sick]not like I'm coming down on you or anything
just to make it clear, if you read top of page two you will see I had an actual, valid point. What I meant was, if I had something worthwhile to say, I can't resist not saying it.[/QUOTE]I actually wasn't coming down on you, that's what I meant

but you shouldn't disagree just for disagreeing (in this forum)
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
November 28th, 2005 at 04:51pm
and if you look I made a bunch of points but people never seem to want to debate me or comment on my thoughts
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
November 28th, 2005 at 04:52pm
spill_no_sick:
Pretty Like Drugs:
just to make it clear, if you read top of page two you will see I had an actual, valid point. What I meant was, if I had something worthwhile to say, I can't resist not saying it.
I actually wasn't coming down on you, that's what I meant

but you shouldn't disagree just for disagreeing (in this forum)[/quote]I know, just clearing up, good, never done it, b/c without any good argument to back myself up it just makes me look stupid.
So yeah.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
November 28th, 2005 at 04:57pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
spill_no_sick:
Pretty Like Drugs:
just to make it clear, if you read top of page two you will see I had an actual, valid point. What I meant was, if I had something worthwhile to say, I can't resist not saying it.
I actually wasn't coming down on you, that's what I meant

but you shouldn't disagree just for disagreeing (in this forum)
I know, just clearing up, good, never done it, b/c without any good argument to back myself up it just makes me look stupid.
So yeah.[/QUOTE]no it doesn't you can say anything here and people will think it makes sense

"why can't I sin? people learn from mistakes, so is sin a way to keep us from learning" "sin was made thousands of years ago, a lot doesn't affect us now"

you can make sense out of almost any retarded statement and that's what a lot of people here do
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
November 28th, 2005 at 05:00pm
*exasperated* well I'm not quite so gullible, so I still feel stupid if other people don't see me so. You know what? Nvm.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 28th, 2005 at 05:04pm
spill_no_sick:
dirtyhippie:
I'm thinking right now that "sin" is relative. You can only "sin" if you go against your own personal code...if you go against someone else's, it's their hard luck. If you go against society's, then they either slap your wrist, badmouth you or clap you in irons.

Some "sins" prohibited by the Bible are cool, lke no stealing or murdering. But "thou shalt have no gods beforeme"? Wow, want some swelled head to go with that ego?

you're saying if you created everything you would be cool if everyone bowed down to a statue and worshipped it everyday?
most people would kill off human kind for having more than one god at all!

and yeah, some sins are questionable, but tell me you could have come up with a better system than that when there was no other system to improve on

Not sure I agree with the whole system of sins. I mean, if God was meant to love us the way we are, why create a system telling us some "dos" and "dont's" And if I'm being honest, people who follow the 10 commandmants are Christians...right? [Duuh] So that means that the murderers and shoplifters etc...most of them aren't [and if they are then they're poser Christians lmfao...if you can have such a thing]. And because they're not Christians they obviously break the 10 commandments. So the point I'm trying [and not really succeding] to make is...is this "system" actually doing any good?

But I definatly agree with human beings having to sin, it's a part of our natural make-up. So if sin is considered dirty or whatever, in a way is that not saying that nature is dirty? If you see where I'm coming from?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
November 28th, 2005 at 05:04pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
*exasperated* well I'm not quite so gullible, so I still feel stupid if other people don't see me so. You know what? Nvm.
a lot of people are that gulllible because they just want to sound smart

whatever, I commented on yours, it would be cool if you returned the favor
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 28th, 2005 at 05:05pm
spill_no_sick:
Pretty Like Drugs:

I just commented on yours Retard
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
November 28th, 2005 at 05:08pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
spill_no_sick:
Pretty Like Drugs:

I just commented on yours Retard
and I pretended to smile at that
Register