Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 28th, 2005 at 05:09pm
spill_no_sick:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
spill_no_sick:
Pretty Like Drugs:
*exasperated* well I'm not quite so gullible, so I still feel stupid if other people don't see me so. You know what? Nvm.
a lot of people are that gulllible because they just want to sound smart

whatever, I commented on yours, it would be cool if you returned the favor

I just commented on yours Retard
and I pretended to smile at that

Oh.
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
November 28th, 2005 at 05:11pm
Uh, yeah, she just commented... so... *is quite lost*
Okay, back on the topic. Sinning. What do I think about sinning...
Well, I'm not so religious, so I don't quite believe in going to hell or whatnot for doing something considered a sin and then not asking for forgiveness. In fact, I'm not even very knowledgeable on this topic, so I'll just say if you are indeed religious, try and repent for your sins, go to confessions or w/e you need to do to get forgiveness. Because you do sin. We are flawed by nature, after all.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 28th, 2005 at 05:12pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
spill_no_sick:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
spill_no_sick:
Pretty Like Drugs:
*exasperated* well I'm not quite so gullible, so I still feel stupid if other people don't see me so. You know what? Nvm.
a lot of people are that gulllible because they just want to sound smart

whatever, I commented on yours, it would be cool if you returned the favor

I just commented on yours Retard
and I pretended to smile at that

Oh.

I meant I commented on your..ranty..thingy...
Just to avoid confusion Confused
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
November 28th, 2005 at 05:16pm
????
earlier in the conversation I complained that no one commented on what I say about the topic (you know, those huge paragraphs you overlook)

that's what I want some one to comment on
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 28th, 2005 at 05:17pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
spill_no_sick:
dirtyhippie:
I'm thinking right now that "sin" is relative. You can only "sin" if you go against your own personal code...if you go against someone else's, it's their hard luck. If you go against society's, then they either slap your wrist, badmouth you or clap you in irons.

Some "sins" prohibited by the Bible are cool, lke no stealing or murdering. But "thou shalt have no gods beforeme"? Wow, want some swelled head to go with that ego?

you're saying if you created everything you would be cool if everyone bowed down to a statue and worshipped it everyday?
most people would kill off human kind for having more than one god at all!

and yeah, some sins are questionable, but tell me you could have come up with a better system than that when there was no other system to improve on

Not sure I agree with the whole system of sins. I mean, if God was meant to love us the way we are, why create a system telling us some "dos" and "dont's" And if I'm being honest, people who follow the 10 commandmants are Christians...right? [Duuh] So that means that the murderers and shoplifters etc...most of them aren't [and if they are then they're poser Christians lmfao...if you can have such a thing]. And because they're not Christians they obviously break the 10 commandments. So the point I'm trying [and not really succeding] to make is...is this "system" actually doing any good?

But I definatly agree with human beings having to sin, it's a part of our natural make-up. So if sin is considered dirty or whatever, in a way is that not saying that nature is dirty? If you see where I'm coming from?

Well that's what I commented on ^
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
November 28th, 2005 at 05:18pm
'Sin, sin, sin,
look where we've been
and where we are tonight.
Hate the sin
Not the sinner
I'm just after a glimmer
Of love and life
Deep inside'
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
November 28th, 2005 at 05:19pm
you ALWAYS write big long paragraphs. I dunno if being perceptive is something you're born with, or you gain it along the way, or a bit of both, but I wish I had it. Honestly I feel like an airhead sometimes reading all you people's impressive arguments *sigh*
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 28th, 2005 at 05:20pm
Now I dont beleive in God. But for those who do, and this is purely my opinion here;

But if 'God' hadn't meant for us to sin, he wouldn't have made us this way in the first place.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
November 28th, 2005 at 05:24pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
spill_no_sick:
dirtyhippie:
I'm thinking right now that "sin" is relative. You can only "sin" if you go against your own personal code...if you go against someone else's, it's their hard luck. If you go against society's, then they either slap your wrist, badmouth you or clap you in irons.

Some "sins" prohibited by the Bible are cool, lke no stealing or murdering. But "thou shalt have no gods beforeme"? Wow, want some swelled head to go with that ego?

you're saying if you created everything you would be cool if everyone bowed down to a statue and worshipped it everyday?
most people would kill off human kind for having more than one god at all!

and yeah, some sins are questionable, but tell me you could have come up with a better system than that when there was no other system to improve on

Not sure I agree with the whole system of sins. I mean, if God was meant to love us the way we are, why create a system telling us some "dos" and "dont's" And if I'm being honest, people who follow the 10 commandmants are Christians...right? [Duuh] So that means that the murderers and shoplifters etc...most of them aren't [and if they are then they're poser Christians lmfao...if you can have such a thing]. And because they're not Christians they obviously break the 10 commandments. So the point I'm trying [and not really succeding] to make is...is this "system" actually doing any good?

But I definatly agree with human beings having to sin, it's a part of our natural make-up. So if sin is considered dirty or whatever, in a way is that not saying that nature is dirty? If you see where I'm coming from?

Well that's what I commented on ^

I see where you're coming from, and though it was a retorical question, here's the answer

(though sin is just a moral code system, the answer is) God wanted people to have free will, he would not be satisfied having a perfect race if they didn't choose it
but he wanted to establish a code that was for the better intrest of all society and human being across time
he made some people with temptation (having alcoholism run in the family, being born gay) because he wanted to test people just as much as Satan, so they will always be strong in fighting temptation

any more questions since (we all know) almost every Christian cannot answer a question worth crap and goes off on whatever
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
November 29th, 2005 at 10:00pm
most people will tell you that sinning is wrong, because for something to be considered a "sin" it would have to be considered "wrong". but yet, what is or isn't a sin is decided by the individual. so we're most likely not going to see most of the things we do as "sins".
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
November 29th, 2005 at 10:00pm
*Blue Star*:
I think...nobody is perfect...in everyone's eyes. But everyone is perfect in their own special way. I mean...I may be ugly...and lots of people may agree with me. But other people may think I'm perfect because of my personality.

So...your parents may think you're a useless piece of shit...but...

YOU'RE PERFECT! Laughing

awww Sad dont be so quick to judge that youre ugly.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
November 29th, 2005 at 10:03pm
Spirit Of '77:
most people will tell you that sinning is wrong, because for something to be considered a "sin" it would have to be considered "wrong". but yet, what is or isn't a sin is decided by the individual. so we're most likely not going to see most of the things we do as "sins".

there are things in the world that are just morally wrong and everyone knows it. its not a question of individual preference. chances are most people know what is sin and what is not.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
November 29th, 2005 at 10:10pm
s0dapop_and_ritalin:
Spirit Of '77:

there are things in the world that are just morally wrong and everyone knows it. its not a question of individual preference. chances are most people know what is sin and what is not.
unless you know for a fact that that is the way everyone thinks, I don't think you should say something like that. She's right, everyone has different ideas/perspectives/values and beliefs. You're right to some extent, there are a few things that are widely recognised as wrong, such as murder, rape etc, but you just can't speak for everyone.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
November 29th, 2005 at 10:12pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
s0dapop_and_ritalin:
Spirit Of '77:

unless you know for a fact that that is the way everyone thinks, I don't think you should say something like that. She's right, everyone has different ideas/perspectives/values and beliefs. You're right to some extent, there are a few things that are widely recognised as wrong, such as murder, rape etc, but you just can't speak for everyone.

well ya like those people in iraq that abuse their wives and stuff. it may be ok to them and not a sin, but in reality it is a sin.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
November 29th, 2005 at 10:20pm
s0dapop_and_ritalin:
Pretty Like Drugs:
s0dapop_and_ritalin:
Spirit Of '77:

well ya like those people in iraq that abuse their wives and stuff. it may be ok to them and not a sin, but in reality it is a sin.
your reality may not be someone else's reality
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 30th, 2005 at 03:23pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
s0dapop_and_ritalin:
Pretty Like Drugs:
s0dapop_and_ritalin:
Spirit Of '77:

your reality may not be someone else's reality

And my reality is that that digusts me.
Why marry a woman if you can't treat her right? GAH!
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 30th, 2005 at 03:27pm
Which is why its best not to define 'sin' as such. For one man he may be acting totally acceptably but in another man's eyes he is commiting a grave act of wrongdoing.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 30th, 2005 at 03:32pm
Exactly. We could go round so much in circles about this Laughing
On the one hand, for a man to rape a woman is COMPLETLY wrong in my opinion. But in his opinion it's obviously okay. So why should he do what I want? He should do what he wants right? But then others get hurt, others who may have the same viewpoint as me. So which is the viewpoint to take? Should he have gone with his own instincts? Or just gone with the general consensus that raping is wrong?
I know people on here will say of course he shouldn't have raped her. But if he truely believes that rape is right, then how can he stop it?
GAH this is difficult!
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 30th, 2005 at 03:38pm
Yes, it is. We're delving into deep rooted, age-old morals and ethics and things a youngster like myself really has no deep understanding of. We just have to hold onto the fact that everything happens for a reason, and it isn't for us to judge wether anyone else is right or wrong, good or evil. That is only for them to decide.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 30th, 2005 at 03:50pm
But then, in the meantime, what can we do about murder? A lot of people disagree with it, but some don't.
So do we make a law for the majority, OR the minority?
Register