Space Cadets. A practical joke too far.

AuthorMessage
GangControl
Jackass
GangControl
December 4th, 2005 at 01:49pm
I am disgraced.

This whole space cadets program on C4 is ABSOLUTLEY HORRNEDOUS, and i am completely appalled. It is such a shitty violation of basic human rights.

Quick Info: they've rounded up a few people and told them they're becoming astronauts. They've set up a "training centre" in Suffolk and plonked a few actors in there in case the "contestants" get suspicious. What a riotous laugh it will be.

Its crazy. Lying and keeping people under false pretences for ENTERTAINMENT is shocking. I cannot believe they're doing it.

"The biggest hoax in TV history" whatever. The shittiest idea ever. Reality TV is bad but i hoped it would never get this bad. Its like the nightmares after The Truman Show.

The phrase "how would you feel if it happened to you?" springs immediately to mind.

Ergh.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 4th, 2005 at 01:58pm
I know. It's so fucking disgraceful.
GangControl
Jackass
GangControl
December 4th, 2005 at 02:09pm
Its sick and it makes me feel really on edge that things like that can happen.

Its wierd Confused
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 4th, 2005 at 02:30pm
Never heard of it untill now. Reality TV really is going to far. We've already had a contestant giving birth during the Dutch version of Big Brother, and the question is, Where are we going to draw the line?
stilinski
King For A Couple Of Days
stilinski

Blog
December 4th, 2005 at 03:24pm
that is one of the stupidest tv concept EVER...it's completely unfair...

i mean...poor people that are on it (without knowing, obviously) and get i glimpse of hope to become an astronaut (which i guess is hard) and see that dream completely disappear...damn...and plus, it's humiliating...

i totally agree that reality tv has gone WAY too far...

that is one of the best examples so far...
stilinski
stilinski

Blog
December 4th, 2005 at 03:26pm
i'm just glad it doesn't pass on Canadian tv (yet, at least...god knows what television will be like in a couple years...)
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
December 4th, 2005 at 04:11pm
i'm jell-o, baby.:
god knows what television will be like in a couple years...

God, I don't want to imagine it. This Space Cadets thing is really harsh...it's going to crush people's dreams...god, I'd feel like such an idiot if I was on there and I found out...
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 4th, 2005 at 04:59pm
I do feel bad for them, but then i think real astornauts go through years of training, most of them have Phd's in science or something similar and have to be very fit. So if people are guiliable enough to think that people in England can be picked from random and trained up their there own worse enemy.

I mean England doesn't even have a human space station.

But it is cruel.
Headfirst For Halos
Headfirst For Halos
December 4th, 2005 at 05:00pm
I saw that advertised today. It's awful; these people are going to get their hopes up, think their doing something amazing...but their actually being watched by millions [ergh, hopefully less-but I don't have that much faith], and being humiliated.

I don't get how thats entertaining. Confused
Headfirst For Halos
Headfirst For Halos
December 4th, 2005 at 05:02pm
NeoSteph:
I do feel bad for them, but then i think real astornauts go through years of training, most of them have Phd's in science or something similar and have to be very fit. So if people are guiliable enough to think that people in England can be picked from random and trained up their there own worse enemy.

But it is cruel.
They say that it isn't England, I'm not sure where, but they pretend to take them out of the country.
Yep, it is pretty gullible-but very cruel :B
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 4th, 2005 at 05:04pm
Headfirst For Halos:
NeoSteph:

But it is cruel.
They say that it isn't England, I'm not sure where, but they pretend to take them out of the country.
Yep, it is pretty gullible-but very cruel :B

Plus people who want to get onto a space cadet porgramme have to pay millions unless they have a foot in the door. I can't understand how people will fall for it.

secondly have they already picked the people, they must of if they've gone public about it. Unless it's people from a different country like America.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2005 at 11:30am
Yes, they are being extremely gullible. But does that justify the level of humiliation they will suffer?
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2005 at 11:59am
Bloodraine:
Yes, they are being extremely gullible. But does that justify the level of humiliation they will suffer?

I just can't see how their going to pull it off, the people haven't been chosen yet, but this space cadet thing has been splashed on the front of every newspaper, so people will know about it.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
December 5th, 2005 at 03:05pm
that is horrendous ..... any thing for money these days
redundant_ellie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
redundant_ellie
December 5th, 2005 at 03:11pm
this is bad so is this other show...they take ppl from mexico and make them compete and sutff for a pass port :*(
redundant_ellie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
redundant_ellie
December 5th, 2005 at 03:11pm
this is bad so is this other show...they take ppl from mexico and make them compete and sutff for a passport :*(
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2005 at 03:12pm
redundant_ellie:
this is bad so is this other show...they take ppl from mexico and make them compete and sutff for a passport :*(

What Show?!?
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
December 5th, 2005 at 03:25pm
redundant_ellie:

thats wrong
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
December 8th, 2005 at 03:36pm
what is it?

They tell people that they're off to space but in the end (after alot of episodes?) tell them to bugger off; it was a joke?

I dunno.

Idiots, the world is FULL of idiots.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 12:01pm
If they are daft enough to fall for it then i'll laugh along with the others, these space cadets have years of training they have high degrees and they are super fit.
Register