Snoop Dogg, supporters say Tookie should live.

AuthorMessage
Cheech.
King For A Couple Of Days
Cheech.
December 9th, 2005 at 09:19am
The battle over the scheduled execution of convicted murderer Stanley Tookie Williams is heating up. Williams is the founder the notorious Crips gang. He was convicted of killing four people in 1979. Since then, he has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts from prison to stop gang violence. In Santa Clara on Saturday, rapper Snoop Dogg and Williams both made pleas for the execution to be stopped.

The battle to save Stanley Tookie Williams is building strength among an army of young people. Saturday afternoon, Williams called the Junior State of America's northern California convention, direct from Death Row.

Stanley Tookie Williams, San Quentin inmate: "I definitely appreciate individuals are putting forth the initiative to help me get a clemency or stay, and I appreciate it and I love all of you wholeheartedly."

Rapper Snoop Dogg told the teens about when he was a member of the Crips gang and how Williams inspired him to change and live a positive life

i was just wondering what other peoples views were on this...

heres more information...
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=local&id=3651518
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 09:50am
i agree with the mother of one of the victims, i think it is insulting to her daughters memory and that he should serve a jail term and he should be executed. What is wrong however is that he sits on death row for years not knowing what is going to happen to him that is cruel and typicle of America.
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
December 9th, 2005 at 10:29am
I think he should be executed. What he did can not be undone, therefore he should die. I also think that he is trying to suck up to the world so that he can live.
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
December 9th, 2005 at 10:58am
I'm against death penalty, so no, he shouldn't be executed.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
December 9th, 2005 at 11:29am
Just like as if:

i agree. has he apologised to the family?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 11:32am
auh-buh-cuh-s:
Just like as if:

you can apoligise but you cant bring back they're daughter though can you he deserves all he gets. He knew before he killed that the penalty was death then HAR well.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
December 9th, 2005 at 11:43am
tre_cool_is_god:
you can apoligise but you cant bring back they're daughter though can you he deserves all he gets. He knew before he killed that the penalty was death then HAR well.

i dont approve of the death penalty. its weak. if someone has commited a serious crime, then being killed by an injection is nothing. bad people should stay in prison and serve their sentence. but at least he shows remorse.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 11:59am
auh-buh-cuh-s:
tre_cool_is_god:

i dont approve of the death penalty. its weak. if someone has commited a serious crime, then being killed by an injection is nothing. bad people should stay in prison and serve their sentence. but at least he shows remorse.

other prisoners show remorse got out of prison and promptley went on to do it again. So why would he be any differant? its all good him showing remorse now but someones daughter has been killed. Hes only showing remorse so that he can come out of jail and do it all over again, even if snoop dog is supporting him.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
December 9th, 2005 at 12:02pm
tre_cool_is_god:
other prisoners show remorse got out of prison and promptley went on to do it again. So why would he be any differant? its all good him showing remorse now but someones daughter has been killed. Hes only showing remorse so that he can come out of jail and do it all over again, even if snoop dog is supporting him.

you dont know what is going on in his mind. not all prisoners who show remorse commit again. infact, most dont when they are let out. so you cant use that as an argument for him to die.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 12:04pm
auh-buh-cuh-s:
tre_cool_is_god:

you dont know what is going on in his mind. not all prisoners who show remorse commit again. infact, most dont when they are let out. so you cant use that as an argument for him to die.

no perhaps not but i can use the fact that he is a bully and a thug. If you can't do the time dont do the crime.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
December 9th, 2005 at 12:07pm
tre_cool_is_god:
no perhaps not but i can use the fact that he is a bully and a thug. If you can't do the time dont do the crime.

this is my point. in america they dont do the time. they just die and thats it. thats a crap punishment.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 12:11pm
auh-buh-cuh-s:
tre_cool_is_god:

this is my point. in america they dont do the time. they just die and thats it. thats a crap punishment.

hey they wont do it again will they? Harsh but effective.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
December 9th, 2005 at 12:12pm
tre_cool_is_god:

but they wont suffer for it. if the death penalty is something that happens,. then it should be after a long jail term.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 12:14pm
auh-buh-cuh-s:
tre_cool_is_god:

but they wont suffer for it. if the death penalty is something that happens,. then it should be after a long jail term.

you know what i didnt think about it like that, your right they should stay in jail and suffer.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
December 9th, 2005 at 12:18pm
tre_cool_is_god:
you know what i didnt think about it like that, your right they should stay in jail and suffer.

exactly. my big problems with the death penalty are:
a) what if they get the wrong person and they are killed?
b) if they are the right person, they dont suffer enough.

i also have a problem with all these benefits prisoners get. sure, let them read a book or play a game every so often but not the amount of luxuries they get!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 12:18pm
tre_cool_is_god:
auh-buh-cuh-s:
tre_cool_is_god:

but they should stay in jail for the rest of they're lives with no chance of getting out.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 12:20pm
auh-buh-cuh-s:
tre_cool_is_god:

exactly. my big problems with the death penalty are:
a) what if they get the wrong person and they are killed?
b) if they are the right person, they dont suffer enough.

i also have a problem with all these benefits prisoners get. sure, let them read a book or play a game every so often but not the amount of luxuries they get!

yes i fully agree. (hey i'm agreeing with someone)
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 10th, 2005 at 09:48pm
tre_cool_is_god:
auh-buh-cuh-s:
Just like as if:

Of course an apoligy wont bring them back but you also can't live in hate. It controls and makes you feel worse about the past. It was wrong what he did, but we shouldnt judge him. Im against the death penalty so he shouldnt die.
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 13th, 2005 at 04:29am
he was killed.
there is a press conference on cnn.
read about some of it here > http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/12/13/williams.execution/index.html
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
December 15th, 2005 at 05:13am
I have always opposed to the death penalty. Maybe I would feel differently if my mother or someone close was raped, beaten and killed. But I think that if I was miraculously not clouded from reason by emotion in any situation, I would think that execution is not the way to go. Two wrongs don't make it right, and all that crap, and taking a human life is never right. Besides, a quick death is no punishment at all.

I don't know if this guy has genuinely changed for the better, or if it's a desperate act to save himself. But I don't think he should be executed.
Register